Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing leaked from Walmart Database

Wraith

1 minute ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Or there could always be brand new characters...

Well, they do appear to have introduced one new character already - the hovering, moustachioed, almost Big-like character from the cover art.  But I think new characters as racers would be unlikely unless they happen to play a significant role in the story mode; maybe not even then.  People are already unhappy about the low character turnout, so to have a newbie taking a slot would probably be an unpopular decision.

• Promotion 1

ZJlAeeq.png

I can only imagine what it was like when they got into the office today....

Edit: Also I made this in a nice loving way... because when this happens, yes you first have to be frustrated... then you just have to laugh, even if it's only to yourself.

In fact if Aaron reads this, I think on the next Sonic livestream... just walk in carrying loads of Wal-Mart shopping bags and say "What game? I don't know what you're all talking about!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 4
  • Absolutely 1

Long as the one x version runs the best I'll be happy. Don't care for wisp.  the old powerful were fun. I just hope the music is sonic r styled.

4 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Well, they do appear to have introduced one new character already - the hovering, moustachioed, almost Big-like character from the cover art.  But I think new characters as racers would be unlikely unless they happen to play a significant role in the story mode; maybe not even then.  People are already unhappy about the low character turnout, so to have a newbie taking a slot would probably be an unpopular decision.

I think he's going to be like the Lakitu in Mario Kart

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Walmart's leaking everything, they might as well have there own conference at E3 xD

So true!

Oh yeahh.. so this happened.

First stage is not green hill, great, Planet Wisp have a really cool aesthetic, great choice!, About the wisps, even though i am tired of them, they work perfectly in a racer as the power ups, not generic items as was done in ASR/ASRT, can't say this is the perfect choice, nor my favorite, but at least it's more sonic-y than the last ones...

and, SHADOW HAVE A FREAKIN' MODIFIED BUGATTI!!!???!!? I'M SOLD.

Debb5j7VMAEU7Ph.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Turban Big is probably the organizer of the races/villain of the story.

21 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I'm guessing the teams will be (To start): Team Sonic, Team Rose, Team Dark, Team Metal/Eggman, and Team Chaotix/Babylon Rouges

DLC could be: Deadly Six, Chaotix/Babylon Rouges, TEam Classic, a team-up of Blaze, Silver, and Marine, and a custom character team

AN interesting one that won't happen would be  Sticks, Tangle, and some other character outside the main universe...

Or there could always be brand new characters...

It's too bad Sonic Team is so weird with the use of characters from different eras, because Team Hooligan would've been really cool.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Huh. So it's a car racing game after all. No on foot racing. That's a huge bummer, but okay. I'll still play it.

I'll just say, Blaze better be in it. If she isn't and that giant slab of disappointment and mediocrity named "Silver" is in, I'll be very sore over it.

• Promotion 1

Doesn't look that appealing to me and the 15 character roster sounds pitiful. There could be more for DLC, but I wary that it'll be payable. Heck, the character creation from Forces would be more welcoming here.

The thing about racers is you don't want more characters than are needed. It isn't tekken 7.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The thing about racers is you don't want more characters than are needed. It isn't tekken 7.

...why not?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, Mayor D said:

03de6437-9cf8-4f57-bdaf-8edc792c3e08_3.p

Hot air Balloon Sonic Head is the meme I didn't know I needed.

That balloon... Reminds me of something...

Spoiler

zEI1Qmk.jpg

About the game, despite my initial negative reaction to seeing Wisps AGAIN (man I used to love these guys) I'll have to agree with @Marcello about this being a step up to the previous items used in the series.

The game looks okay to me, maybe I'm blind but besides the cardboard crowd I can't notice any problem with its presentation. That said, only 15 characters feels rather limited compared with previous titles.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

...why not?

<Inserts Sanic, Taels, and Ugandan Knuckles as Team Meme, and Omochao, Chocola and  Elise as Team Disliked>

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

<Inserts Sanic, Taels, and Ugandan Knuckles as Team Meme, and Omochao, Chocola and  Elise as Team Disliked>

There are plenty more characters before you have to go for memes.

Though, I think Omochao would be pretty neat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, Bobnik said:

I..don't think so

a516cbaa6453fa25.PNG

It's too big to be just Orbot on top of Cubot.

Yeah no it's probably Eggman in one of his disguises again. Getting Free Riders flashbacks looking at that.

Watch it, Walmart is going to start leaking everything from the Infinity War sequel to other video games...

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I strongly disagree. Kart racers is when devs go out and about. And Sumo is expert in doing it. But since this is Sonic focused, I suspect Sonic Team has bigger influence over it, which could mean less crazy and cool ideas. Then again, they made Runners, which had literally every character and reference you can imagine, to the freaking Sonic Adventure orca being a companion and Mephiles a playable character. So IDK.

I hope 15 is the base roster.

• Promotion 1

There will likely be a team as free DLC/bonus edition, but if it's paid, it's really gonna be a cash grab machine.

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

Probably is, now that you mention it.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Jango said:

I strongly disagree. Kart racers is when devs go out and about. And Sumo is expert in doing it. But since this is Sonic focused, I suspect Sonic Team has bigger influence over it, which could mean less crazy and cool ideas. Then again, they made Runners, which had literally every character and reference you can imagine, to the freaking Sonic Adventure orca being a companion and Mephiles a playable character. So IDK.

Taking credit for that idea...

http://www.tssznews.com/2018/05/30/team-sonic-racing-revealed-in-wal-mart-listing/

This is the exact same thing that happened with the Spyro Trilogy, got leaked by a major retailer, Amazon, early in the morning then a trailer dropped later that day. Now technically it was announced at PAX but still. Now this Sonic game is going throught the same process as Spyro did, except through Walmart this time. As for story mode, I think it'd be interesting like with Jak X, Crash Nitro Kart, Crash Tag Team Racing and the first 2  Sonic riders games. Wisps I think would serve as a good replacement for the cartoony power-ups from ASRT, but hopefully they keep the transforming gameplay.

Exactly as I predicted and with Shadow as the main video image.

Edited by Blue Knight/Bluestreak
  • Promotion 1

On to the topic then... I hope that 15 is the canon roster and there will be more DLC teams. 

I see the teams being:

Team Sonic:

Sonic

Knuckles

Tails

Team Dark:

Shadow

Omega

Rouge

Team Rose:

Amy

Blaze/Big

Cream

Team Chaotix:

Espio

Vector

Charmy

Team Empire:

Metal Sonic

Mecha Knux(maybe)

Infinite

OR

Team Dimension:

Silver

Blaze

Marine(maybe)/whoever can fit Flight/Technique.

OR:

Team EggRobo:

Speed Pawn(Blue)

Power Pawn(Red)

Technique Pawn(Orange)

As for DLC Teams

Team Mania:

Classic Sonic

Mighty

Ray

Team Evil Celestial:

Mephiles

Black Knight

Chaos(maybe)

Team Heavies:

Heavy Rider

Heavy King

Heavy Blaster

Team Rookies:

Red the Wolf aka Gadget(with Burst Wispon) 

Tangle the Lemur

that cyan bird Avatar

Team Freedom:(big maybe) 

Sally

Bunnie/Rotor

NICOLE/Antoine