Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing leaked from Walmart Database

Wraith

Only 15 characters? That seems very limited to be honest. I hope the story mode makes up for such a limited roster.

Looks like I was right, when I guessed Wisps would be used as power ups.

I feel like the description is getting a bit repetitive with it’s overuse of “Team”, hopefully the game doesn’t get too obnoxious with that word and theme.

Some people are complaining about the graphics, I think they look ok, but could be better. I don’t think they look as bad as people are making ot out to be. Not to mention, these are some  low res screenshots. Maybe they’ll look better in higher resolution.

I wonder how the types will work, it sounds like the type system from Heroes and Rider is returning, meaning each character will be classified as a speed, power, and fly type.

Hopefully this game will look better when it’s officially revealed, right now, I’m mot sure what to think of it, but I hope it can win me over.

Well, on top of the leak, we got a sneak peek trailer now.

26 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

http://www.tssznews.com/2018/05/30/team-sonic-racing-revealed-in-wal-mart-listing/

This is the exact same thing that happened with the Spyro Trilogy, got leaked by a major retailer, Amazon, early in the morning then a trailer dropped later that day. Now technically it was announced at PAX but still. Now this Sonic game is going throught the same process as Spyro did, except through Walmart this time. As for story mode, I think it'd be interesting like with Jak X, Crash Nitro Kart, Crash Tag Team Racing and the first 2  Sonic riders games. Wisps I think would serve as a good replacement for the cartoony power-ups from ASRT, but hopefully they keep the transforming gameplay.

Exactly as I predicted and with Shadow as the main video image.

holeee shi* that looks hella amazing! 

Based Sumo's competent hands at the wheel my fears are safely quelled (pun intended)

Hoping S0L can pop back here again like he did leading up to ARST's release 

• Thumbs Up 3

If the game has the Babylon Rogues I'm in. Love me some Babylon Rogues.

Maybe a track set in the Babylon Garden.

Zero Gravity's Mobius Strip in high definition 60fps 4k extra thicc graphics sounds amazing. 

10 minutes ago, jgcatindig said:

holeee shi* that looks hella amazing! 

Um... it looked like the most basic reveal trailer than honestly could be for absolutely anything at all. It tells us nothing that wasn't in the original tease aparat from the title itself. It doesn't even make any implications about the team mechanics that the title suggests. SEGA are dropping the balls hard on this marketing, even if the game does turn out to be great (which I really expect it to).

Glad to see Sumo confirmed, but I mean we all knew it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm honestly a little disappointed that they changed things up from prior titles with regards to the roster focus. ASR and ASRT were celebrations of everything Sega, and now it's just Sonic. That's not really a bad thing, per-say, but it's like if the next Smash was just called "Super Mario Smashers" and only contained Mario characters. Not the cleanest comparison, for sure, but I can't help but lament the loss of wider Sega representation.

The music for the teaser is nice, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Marcello said:

I don't think the teams will be predetermined. You probably just pick 3 characters and that's your team.

I hope so, I’m sick of preset teams.

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

That cover is not great.

Anything's better than All Star Racing Transformed's five instances of Sonic and a lonely Ai Ai in the corner. 

Asr2boxart.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

What about PC??

The Reveal trailer shows it's coming to Steam bud!

15 characters...

Looking at the Sonic Forces mobile roster, that consists in 18 characters, I think they are going to replace Omega with Eggman, and remove 3 characters.

If the 3 characters are Classic Sonic, Chaos and Zavok I'm fine, though I fear they will remove at least 1 more character to put Infinite in. Probably Big the Cat? I hope Metal Sonic instead.

34 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I hope so, I’m sick of preset teams.

Maybe the preset teams exist only for Story Mode? 

Looks like Team Sonic Racing is to SEGA All Star's what Sonic Forces is to Sonic Generations.

1 minute ago, The Loudest Loud said:

The Reveal trailer shows it's coming to Steam bud!

Thanks, I can add it to my PC collection with CD, SA1, SA2, Heroes, Riders, Generations, Lost World, Mania, Forces

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

61BNWt2bnRL.jpg61tbEdvvMqL.jpg916lU1Bsr+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Via Amazon US.

*Xbox One X Enhanced.

So I take it it will also run better on PS4 pro as well if the X is improving the performance from the base Xbox One.

Hmm

63839A19-1DE1-4CDA-BA0D-E4E68EDEDA97.jpeg

Huh, this is more than I expected. A co-op racing game? Sign me up!

I have two sisters, both of them not the most skilled gamers and especially not the best racers. While I myself enjoy a good racing game so I have a little more experience than the both of them.

When we boot up Mario Kart, I do Team Races where me and my sisters are all together, so they have a chance to succeed then just getting steamrolled by the competition.

So having a game that builds upon this concept? Yes, please. Sonic no less? Yes, even more please.

• Promotion 1

I wonder if Infinite will be added to the roster, along with Silver and Blaze?

• Promotion 1

Wait a minute...

63839A19-1DE1-4CDA-BA0D-E4E68EDEDA97.jpeg

That purple symbol on the hat and vehicle looks kinda familiar...

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Haha! I’m quite surprised peeps only thought 15 characters was going to be it. Generally on announcements for racing games they’ll only reveal the initial line up rather than the secret unlockables.  

I’m sure they’ll be another 3/4 sets of teams or 9-12 additional characters. 

Man... wow, that teaser really was just that. Hopefully they’ll be a gameplay trailer later on and this will be playable on the EGX show floor this year considering the winter release.

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1