Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing leaked from Walmart Database

Wraith

22 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

...why not?

15 is good. Why would a racing game need 20+. It's a simple sonic racing game. It's not butnout where you have some odd 50 plus cars. Unless they are making the game to support that many online. Even Mario kart doesn't hit that many unless they toss in the babies

The game will support both online multiplayer and local co-op, with 12 players per race and four-player split-screen support

So, we have 15 characters and the game use 12 out of 15 in a race......every race will have the same competitors?

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

15 is good. Why would a racing game need 20+. It's a simple sonic racing game. It's not butnout where you have some odd 50 plus cars. Unless they are making the game to support that many online. Even Mario kart doesn't hit that many unless they toss in the babies

If fighting games and other racers can have large rosters, what’s the issue here?  People like variety 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

What would the harm be? It's not like this is a fighting game where each character has hundreds of variables and balancing everything becomes exponentially more difficult as you add characters. If you can afford to have more options, why not?

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

20 is not much to ask, really. I get it, we have customization, but still, I'd like my favorites in. 

• Promotion 1

This series have enough character fodder to easily stretch the roster to 25-30. Bayonlon Rouges, Team Chaotix, hell Mighty, Ray, Sticks...dare I say Classic Sonic to pad it out. Besides, like Dio said, it ain't like a fighting game with its reliance on balance and whatever. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Racers need balance as well unless your a causal player. It's like Someone trying to win with Amy or tails over Jet with his mode in transformed.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Racers need balance as well unless your a causal player. It's like Someone trying to win with Amy or tails over Jet with his mode in transformed.

While I agree with this, it is still possible to do it with more racers available to the player. It just depends on how much time the devs are willing to spend tweaking values so that either everyone is equally viable or have certain strengths and weakness' that other characters don't. MK8 does it (admittedly in a boring way though) so I don't see why this can't.

• Thumbs Up 1

True. It just depends on your level of skill and why you play. I've always been super competive in racers. It's just bafflibg to see 30 something racers when half aren't used. Again though it's better for those just looking to have a fun romp with friends though. Regardless again I just want a CE announced

I'm glad they leaked it. Also do we need three threads at this point for this?

• Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'm glad they leaked it. Also do we need three threads at this point for this?

Yeah I'm receiving notifications from everywhere and I have to keep 3 tabs open.

• Promotion 1

23 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Game got announced

[video]

Frick you Walmart

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm honestly glad Walmart leaked the game, and apparently forced Sega's hand to drop that second teaser earlier than they wanted. Can you believe that the planned unveiling for this game (after dropping a super short, super vague teaser that left people in the dark; and then randomly showing showing off a small corner of the game's logo three months later)...was another short teaser still showed no gameplay and gave the most bare minimum details for the project (the title/logo, playable characters, platforms, developer, and a release date) that could had been saved for a PR release statement?

That second teaser Sega uploaded today? That should had been the actual teaser they released back at SXSW in March, rather than that ill-defined clip they actually showed. This whole charade of "starving dog" marketing hype that's been employed for recent Sonic games has been a load of rubbish and as long as those in charge of marketing Sonic games continue to play it up to the hilt, I hope the games continued to get leaked earlier than planned so it keeps blowing up in their face. Either dripfeed on a regular basis or give us heaping spoonfuls of information between droughts; instead of the worst of both worlds treatment that's been the status quo over these past few years. And don't throw out ambiguous teasers if you're not actually ready to show anything tangible about your game.

And speaking of marketing, count me among those as not a fan of whoever had the bright idea to tenuously connect TSR to Sonic R with the logo design, now that we have proper details and screenshots of the game. It's precisely what the rumors and the vague teasers were suggesting--a Sonic-centric kart racer--rather than an on-foot racer akin to that title, or anything else resembling Sonic R outside of the superficial notion of being a racing game. It would had actually made more sense to connect the game to Sonic Heroes, since there is a focus about competing as teams for the racing aspect for the game. But apparently that would had made too much sense...

---

As for the actual game itself....eh, seems harmless enough. But at the same time, it's not really grabbing my attention either. I'm not saying the game will turn out bad, since this is Sumo Digital we're talking about (rather than, say, Sonic Team), and I'm all for waiting for actual gameplay/more screenshots to make a more calculated judgement...but from what I've seen from the leaks, it's not really anything stand out. This just looks like another kart racer, but without the one distinct selling point their previous kart racers had (general Sega crossover game). I think SD has their work cut out for them to sell the market on this game, especially since this game is planned for a (likely packed) winter/holiday release.

The least I can give Sega/SD is using Planet Wisp for the "main" promotional stage, rather than Green Hill iteration #215 or Seaside Hill iteration #193. I'm also not quite seeing the simplified Lost World/Forces-esque art direction as others are seeing, but I will say it's not really anything noteworthy in the graphics department (though this could change with proper gameplay / official bullshots). 

• Thumbs Up 4

Maybe I should regret my choices, I mean, I think we might be able to see more info by E3

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are my guesses on the playable characters:

Speed:
Sonic
Shadow
Metal Sonic
Silver
Blaze or Jet or maybe even Charmy

Technique:
Amy
Tails
Jet if not in speed/ or Wave or maybe Espio
Cream
Blaze if not in speed

Power:
The good doctor
Big the cat??????? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
Storm
Vector
E-123 Omega

Zavoc is also a possibility too

Now some did spot a egg pawn but rather if egg pawn is playable or not is uncertain without more info

Just because the game says 15 playable characters doesn't mean there could not be extra unlockable characters such as infinate

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

14 minutes ago, Space☆Yeow said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm honestly glad Walmart leaked the game, and apparently forced Sega's hand to drop that second teaser earlier than they wanted.

Do we have any reason to think that's what happened? They were already teasing the game on twitter yesterday. I'm inclined to believe it was always meant to be announced today, but Walmart jumped the gun by a few hours.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Do we have any reason to think that's what happened? They were already teasing the game on twitter yesterday. I'm inclined to believe it was always meant to be announced today, but Walmart jumped the gun by a few hours.

Hence why I said apparently. It could had gone either way, if you ask me.

• Nice Smile 1

Shadow is in it so I literally don't need anyone else

I'd like to see it in action first, but I'm optimistic. I'm sure it'll be fun!

10 hours ago, Josh said:

15 characters shoots hopes of playing as Tikal out the sky.

Hope Blaze makes the cut

What if Egg Pawn is not playable, and is just a story opponent? That seems more feasible to me. 

If Egg Pawn really is playable, maybe we can Headcanon that (insert favorite who didn’t make the roster here) is the Egg Pawn’s organic battery.

18 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Having Modern and Classic versions of characters would be awesome!

No, I want this to be modern only. How would people feel if I said I like Modern Sonic let's have him in Mania too?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a Sonic ALL-STAR roster game.  It can be from any time and any place as long its from the Sonic multiverse

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

Do they need to be balanced? I imagine the differences will be similar to the weight classes in Mario Kart, so nothing much. Nothing will be gated like in Heroes.

Don't forget about the Team Ultimates, which are probably the new All-Star moves. If they're gonna be unique, the characters in a team would have to fit together.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2018 at 3:51 AM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

So let me get this straight...
Planet Wisp is a beautiful, lush, pure planet filled with nature untouched by men.
Then the evil Dr. Eggman comes, enslaves the Wisps and starts constructing his own themepark, destroying the beautiful envirement.
Sonic stops Eggman and kicks him out, saving planet Wisp.

And then someone builds a speedway there.
Presumingly, it requires racers and spectators.
Which require a spaceport, hotel, restaurants, tourist attractions.

In other words, planet Wisp turns into a bloated polluting themepark regardless.
Eggman wins.

Joking aside, looks fantastic.
Little worried about how this team aspect will play out, tough...

And it’s all the fandom’s fault for criticizing the Wisps for showing up every which where for little to no reason, giving them a bad name and a license to be conquered.