Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Reveal Trailer

Patron

Team Sonic Racing arrives this Winter! Race in a team with your friends (or against them) both offline and online, and choose from a variety of characters and tracks in the Sonic universe!

Team Sonic Racing is being developed by Sumo Digital, well-known for their fantastic racing titles. We'll reveal more about the game (and we'll have it playable) at E3, so if you're around, come give it a try!

Check out more about TSR at teamsonicracing.com

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Where's the damn gameplay SEGA. 

Your game already got leaked. It's a racing game. What else is there to tease?

• Thumbs Up 2

I do kind of hate how long they've dragged this teaser out. I recall there being gameplay at least by the second trailer for Transformed.

But I guess we're at least guaranteed to see it action by E3, or at this rate, leaked by then anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was...very boring and didn’t tell us anything we didn’t really already know evenbefore the leak. Eh

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

That was...very boring and didn’t tell us anything we didn’t really already know evenbefore the leak. Eh

Sumo Digital confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not much of a reveal. Even if this had come before the leak it'd be disappointing, it's not telling us anything we didn't already know or have every reason to assume. They should've at least put in some actual gameplay.

Lack of gameplay is frankly stupid, but I'm ok with everything else so far.

On the steam page I'm pretty sure I see Amy in the background of the third image. No idea what people are going on about regarding a Pawn or New character.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, it's okay. They're probably covering up the major gameplay issues and lack of content, like it was with Forces. 

I mean, I'm kinda surprised that they had the balls to bring back pseudo-rock music, after Forces' usage of it was heavily criticized, but, eh, I guess Sonic is 2edgy for music that actually fits.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really, really hope it's not just him hyping up that Jun is on guitars (although that's good on itself). Aaron bby pls.

But yeah, the teaser was pretty much a whole not of nothing except for Sumo being confirmed as devs. I don't like that kind of marketing at all, but at least there's gonna be gameplay in 2 weeks or so. Also pretty interesting how Planet Wisp has become as sort of a "posterboy" for this game, both in box art, screenshots and the trailer (at the end you can see Planet Wisp trees). Anyway, 2 more weeks of waiting I guess.

Like others say, not much to say really. I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of the car designs, I wish they were a bit more creative. Mind you, I do think a racing game tends to almost always look better in motion than in screenshots, so it will be nice to see some race footage from E3.

I wonder if they'll cut the middle man and make Amy, Blaze and Silver a team this time around. 

Wait, just realised that's the Sonic 06 formation. Point still stands. 

6 minutes ago, A person, that exists said:

Eh, it's okay. They're probably covering up the major gameplay issues and lack of content, like it was with Forces. 

I mean, I'm kinda surprised that they had the balls to bring back pseudo-rock music, after Forces' usage of it was heavily criticized, but, eh, I guess Sonic is 2edgy for music that actually fits.

It is a racing game. Eurobeat would fit just perfectly.

9 minutes ago, A person, that exists said:

Rock has been with Sonic since Sonic Boom 1993. Is not anything alien to Sonic. The music in Forces was criticised because of the synths first. And can we please stop with "Rock = Edgy" mentality?

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, Korke said:

It is a racing game. Eurobeat would fit just perfectly.

No joke, it would be hype if we got something akin to running in the 90's in this game as unlikely as that is to happen.

• Thumbs Up 4

I guess they released this today cause the leaks came out?

Well, either way I pretty much agree with everyone here. Boring CG trailer, but at least the music is really good.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I guess they released this today cause the leaks came out?

Well, either way I pretty much agree with everyone here. Boring CG trailer, but at least the music is really good.

They did say they are releasing a trailer soon right before the leaks happened.

Who is this... cat tho?

New character for sure, it can't be Big or Eggman in disguise.

• Thumbs Up 6

On one hand it's Sumo, on the other it's just Sonic characters.

It's like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite spilled out over to Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1

Love child of Eggman and Big?

In all seriousness, this could just be new character who's hosting/sponsoring the race or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Who is this... cat tho?

New character for sure, it can't be Big or Eggman in disguise.

He looks to be the Lakitu of this game. The one whose watching the races, announcing things, handling the countdown, etc.