Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Reveal Trailer

Patron

The big thing about this title - I'm just glad the Sonic cast is being given the opportunity to shine, both as playable characters and in a story. But that's not to say they couldn't have added a couple more, either Sonic or SEGA, to get to at least 20 for a roster.

The release date... eh, it makes it sound like it's not coming this year, sadly, if it makes the game more polished, then I'm all for it.

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

It's Big's father!

Don't spoil the "big" twist in the story!

Big: You killed my Froggy!

King: No, I am your father!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

23 minutes ago, Nate said:

image.thumb.png.1d904a5c47ca8de5ea6ada0c35d4cd47.png

FUCK.

Dear god, it's possibly the best applied function the Wisp could receive since Colors.

But yes, FUCK.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Guys, you talk about Wisps, but also talk about the awesome attention to the Chao and Chao movies posters!

• Thumbs Up 1

The eyes look kinda creepy.. maybe Metal Sonic in disguise?

31 minutes ago, Nate said:

image.thumb.png.1d904a5c47ca8de5ea6ada0c35d4cd47.png

FUCK.

Oh a story, that's cool

• Thumbs Up 3

The new character looks like Big if he came from another dimension where he was the villain of the series rather than Eggman.

All hail Doctor Bigman!

• Chuckle 2

50 minutes ago, TCB said:

...What's the problem? I rather have Wisps be utilized as kart racer powerups then the generic stuff we got in the last two games. Conceptually they fit the game much better ala Mario Kart or CTR.

Or... Not make something generic for the third time? It's not hard to come up with Sonic-y power-ups instead of 14 existing Wisps with the same existing powers. Cyan gonna boost you ahead with a laser. Rocket will work as a homing missile. And so on. 

Am I alone when I say enough shoving Wisps in every game? Even the spin-offs can't take a break.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well... this is what they should've shown off back at SXSW. Not having any gameplay this far into the game's announcement cycle is absolutely annoying at this point. Glad E3 is in a couple of weeks or else I'd really be turned off.

Anyways, glad to see them confirm a Steam release.

• Thumbs Up 7

29 minutes ago, Razule said:

Oh a story, that's cool

And my interest has arrived.

• Fist Bump 1

I feel the Walmart leak was the cause for the early reveal, eh, can't wait for E3

EDIT: Or maybe they planed it out

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Jango said:

Or... Not make something generic for the third time? It's not hard to come up with Sonic-y power-ups instead of 14 existing Wisps with the same existing powers. Cyan gonna boost you ahead with a laser. Rocket will work as a homing missile. And so on. 

Am I alone when I say enough shoving Wisps in every game? Even the spin-offs can't take a break.

Not gonna front; even doing that would be loads better. Honestly though, it's more of the Wisps themselves sparking the outrage than their implementation I'm seeing. Which is fair; but I'll take Wisps on non-descript item fodder if that's the case. Least Wisps are more identifiable in this series.

Well, we learned absolutely nothing. And yet this topic has almost 50 replies already.

59 minutes ago, Razule said:

Oh a story, that's cool

29 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

And my interest has arrived.

Do we have any reasons to believe this story gonna be any good?

...damn it, mine too.

31 minutes ago, Jango said:

Well.. they've kind of been pushing Wisps as Sonic-mainstay since Lost World. You might as well say they shouldn't put rings in every game.

• Thumbs Up 1

So can we talk about gameplay for a moment?

It sounds like you actually play as multiple characters per race and your team has to win the race, hence the title.

Multiplayer though sounds like human players can make up members of your team or their own rival teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

Who is this... cat tho?

New character for sure, it can't be Big or Eggman in disguise.

Looks a little like a Walrus to me. Looks a little like an Eggman Walrus to me. Perhaps a reference to the line from the famous Beatles song. :p

2 minutes ago, kergo said:

I'm going to buy the teamsonicracing.com domain and fill it with religious propaganda.

Congrats! You wasted $10!

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I just noticed how huge the Egg Pawn racing in the screenshot actually is, it's like three times the size of Knuckles, and the blue Egg Pawn is outright hovering which not even Tails does. It might have been premature to call them playable yet, they're probably opponents in the story mode filling up races and challenges where the rest of the cast is not involved, with Big the Cat & Eggman's love child being a near-final boss.

This could mean Eggman might not have his own team and go in Team Dark instead, which would not bode well for Omega, but with 15 characters one of the "regulars" (Team Sonic, Dark, Rose, Chaotix + Silver/Blaze/Metal) is definitely not making the cut.

• Thumbs Up 5