Awoo.

EU Article 13 law puts Fair Use in danger of dying #DeleteArt13

Ashwalking Bat

The EU is such a colossal fucking joke, and it makes me all the more glad that I live in the US. You guys can keep all that shit.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2019 at 10:01 AM, shdowhunt60 said:

The EU is such a colossal fucking joke, and it makes me all the more glad that I live in the US. You guys can keep all that shit.

Well, the only joke is the fact how it looks nowadays like everything's decided by the cow selling between Germany and France. And now that UK's leaving there isn't any other big countries left besides the Southern ones that could potentially say anything. And maybe Eastern countries since they seem to be able to pull the rope in same direction.

It's the only way we're screwed to be frank. EU was a nice idea but the fact every important thing gets decided by just two big countries is making it seem kind of, false advertising? Like, wasn't this supposed to be an European Union, not an Union Where Germany and France Decide What Union Does and Says? Or is it EU just because UWGaFDWUDaS and such combinations would be too hard to spell?

Like, I have been told one of the reasons Finland started to get into the EU in the first place was the possibility of some kind of semi-military backup in case someone tries to invade another country or something. Some say our ruling people should've stopped the negotiations the minute it became clear there was no real guarantees about any kind of help in case of invasion and go to talk to NATO instead.

I'm kind of happy that curved cucumber directive way back when didn't happen after all, like why it's so important that all sold cucumbers should be straight ones? Don't those guys ever go shopping, like over half of the cucumbers I've seen have at the very least a small curve, some are freaking boomerangs. I think this proves EU can sometimes see it's being a bit too silly and stop it before it's too late.

But well, I suppose it's something that there's been peace this long in EU or something, it's kind of unusual. European countries may not look like that now but their histories are written with blood. Lotsa blood.

But well, this article is still pretty crazy, like why are the record companies shouting about losing money because of YouTube when they can claim videos they don't even own without any consequences anyway? I suppose the more they eat the hungrier they get. Not EU's brightest moments at all.

And it's not like the US doesn't look like an even bigger joke at the moment... not at all. Nothing personal, had to say it out loud once though.

Now I wonder could I actually make a working boomerang out of a curvy cucumber...