Awoo.

Disney endoursed House artist Pogo confirmed to be a bigot

KHCast

Some people can pretend to be something they aren’t. Lots of people have done that. Pogo acting on the surface(or just not explicitly stating his views) one way does not mean he couldn’t just have built up his hatred under it.

and yes, ironic bigotry is not an excuse. It’s like those kek edgelord shits that offend people just to offend people. They’re still supporting and legitimizing a crappy mindset and getting support from bigots that actually want to harm people.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is making me feel fucking sick. Ten years ago I discovered his song Alice and followed his music for a while before he signed on board with Disney, and some of his stuff was my very favorite Internet music for years after the fact. His music was good and resonated with me. And knowing not only his repulsive views but also that I'm one of the people whose death he would champion is kinda like destroying a part of reality I knew back then. I'm really saddened by this.

• Thumbs Up 8

3 hours ago, Mad Convoy said:

Man, the Internet is a fucking scary place.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Man, the Internet is a fucking scary place.

You seem to be taking this seriously. Almost like you're being sarcastic and mocking those with a problem with this guy and wanting something to be done about it vs the actual asshole. I do notice how you don't tend to take these kind of issues/topics that seriously and usually respond with uneeded sarcasm. So the point of your comment that contributes to the topic is...?

When you have a badge in your user title that reads "Moderator" you can pretend to play tone police with these outrage topics you make when people don't respond like you want them to. You have no right to dictate terms of posting in your threads, nevermind your insistence on pushing your persecution complex on others.

Edited by Tornado
Was too forceful initially.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Y'know I think this is the least I've ever believed that excuse, and that's saying a lot.

For one thing jokes--even distasteful ones--usually have something called a "punchline." Unless I missed it at some point around the part where he fist pumped in joy while recalling a shooting.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

First off, joke or not, you're still a fucking scumbag for thinking this was even anywhere near humorous. 

Second off - your words mean absolutely fucking nothing because it's very clear your career is going to tank, you're going to lose your business relationship with one of the biggest companies on the face of the planet, and people are declaring that you are a complete and total bastard. Why should people believe this whole "it's just a joke" explanation as the actual reasoning? For all we know, it's just an attempt to save whatever tiny shred of a career you have left.

What a fucking cunt. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 3

Figures he'd pull the 'It's just a joke!' card. I'm even more unimpressed now since it wasn't funny in the slightest (no punchline and the way he delivered his speech sounded 100% serious.) and in comedy the smart 'edgy' comedians I.E. George Carlin, Steady Eddie e.t.c tend to punch up not fucking down when telling jokes. 

My first post still stands.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Yeah nothing has really changed and the guys a piece of irredeemable shit. Yeah, Aussie humor may be his defense, but it's weak and doesn't mitigate making a joke about the slaughtering of people based on a stupid ass thing as ones sexual preference. It's like the bully that beats up the nerd and the teacher walks in and the bully goes "we were just playing around". This on top of the beatings against gay civilians that have been garnering news attention lately, as well as members of our government attempting to chip away at civil rights laws, and senators making ignorant statements  like it being okay to not sell houses to gay people, really only prove how that "no one cares you're gay" mindset is still shit. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

? Go fuck yourself.

"Joke". Yeah right. I don't buy this.

• Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

You seem to be taking this seriously. Almost like you're being sarcastic and mocking those with a problem with this guy and wanting something to be done about it vs the actual asshole. I do notice how you don't tend to take these kind of issues/topics that seriously and usually respond with uneeded sarcasm. So the point of your comment that contributes to the topic is...?

Well, yeah, it makes sense to take this seriously. Fistpumping to human death is seriously awful and the implications should be taken seriously.

But I think you may be reading too much into Tornado's post there. Seems more like the guy was deeply concerned about how the internet could mob somebody enough to destroy their future-- you could argue, of course, that this man actually deserves it, but most victims of the internet mob don't. Keep in mind that 4Chan's hacking raids started with targeting Scientology, and that initiative was widely praised as the target was an awful cult that really obviously needed to get taken out of public influence. But the raids that followed aren't so universally praised, as they often target people with the same level of viciousness for things that aren't nearly as bad as what Scientology was doing and advocating for.

Not that I necessarily agree with the contents of Tornado's response-- it comes off as kind of an ad hominem/appeal to authority being used as a substitute for an argument-- but I can see why he'd feel defensive against your response, and I'd like to provide some criticism to your response that hopefully gets through to you better.

----------

Also not buying the "joke" thing. I mean, its a better excuse than "Ambien made me do it!", but its still very hollow and bad. If he wants to say sorry, he should probably wait for people to have the chance to calm down first and then give a real apology. That especially means nothing that implies blame on the audience for, say, not laughing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Not for nothing, but i get the feeling that talking about this is the equivalent of giving this person free publicity. Wich at the moment is definetly the last thing he needs.
Like, i knew nothing about this guy before this, and now i sadly do, and it's clear i shouldn't had. So in that way, this exposure made things worse. How many cases like mine do you think happened just for this one douche? Or worse, especially since nowadays the Internet is full of uneducated people with no common sense and no spine for them to decide what morality to have aside from "the winning side". It's the TMZ effect, and it needs to stop.
Cases like this should be sealed to be forgotten or otherwise not give room to breathe, like having a single post saying "Ignore/block this person due to these reasons", similar to how news usually (big emphasis on that word) cover terrorist attacks or school shootings. Otherwise it's like trying to extinguish a fire with an oil truck.
And i'm saying that for the Internet in general, not for here. Exposure is a problem a lot of times just as big as what's denounced, arguably people after seeing these things may even be tempted to go full idiotic intentionally to boost their fame even for 5 minutes like Randy Stair. Bad publicity is still publicity, and if someone doesn't have much morality already this is not gonna be a thing that will bother that someone in the slightest.
10 years ago a nut like this person would have simply be permabanned and left in the dust to rot, instead of getting articles upon articles. In an age where we get news coverage everywhere, blocking is the best weapon at one's disposal.

• Thumbs Up 3

Exposing injustice isn’t bad. If we turned a blind eye to everything shitty people do, we wouldn’t have the drive to push for changes. (that, and I disagree with the “publicity is publicity” idea, as look at shitheads like digital homicide. Where did publicity get them? Or EA even.) the “just ignore/block them” mentality does more harm than good in these instances and allows hate speech to continue going unchecked 

It's not a question of turning a blind eye, but instead burying the problem so that it doesn't attract the guillables who may still fall for it. Hard repression but with subtlety. A war of who's screaming the loudest and point fingers towards each other is not gonna benefit anyone.
Also, EA still managed to get thousands of millions from lootboxes even with the controversy and the Disney ban, especially because this allowed them to strenghten the places NOT covered that much by the controversy, like FIFA or Madden, and capitalized on that. That's how they survived all these years and will probably sadly continue to do despite losses after losses. And injured beast that just doesn't want to die.
And for the record, the only reason Digital Homicide retracted was because of the closed door legal presentation of Jim Sterling's lawyer, not because his fanbase pointed fingers at the Romine's brothers. Again, subtlety over exposition.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Also, EA still managed to get thousands of millions from lootboxes even with the controversy and the Disney ban, especially because this allowed them to strenghten the places NOT covered that much by the controversy, like FIFA or Madden, and capitalized on that. That's how they survived all these years and will probably sadly continue to do despite losses after losses. And injured beast that just doesn't want to die.
And for the record, the only reason Digital Homicide retracted was because of the closed door legal presentation of Jim Sterling's lawyer, not because his fanbase pointed fingers at the Romine's brothers. Again, subtlety over exposition.

EA still damaged their “goodwill” to their consumers as well as harmed the lootbox industry as a whole by getting roasted by everyone even if they still made money. Change happened because people pointed out this shit and weren’t letting it go unchecked. Digital homicide if not for garnering massive attention would have been able to continue to sell its shit on steam and censor criticism. They also because of Jim’s influence and general perception on the internet are a laughing stock that no one wants to do business with. If the mass audience didn’t play a role in pointing at these people and saying how this isn’t fine, steam wouldn’t have stepped in, steam would t have actually attempted to fix the toxic area by removing green light, etc. so I still stand by what I said that to enact change we need to actually make these issues aware 

• Thumbs Up 1

The amount of cursing In this thread is outstanding I mean I'll toss a danm here and there but  even what the guy said is bad well vert bad and low the amount of rage posting is pretty intense. Sad to see him say it cause I found his music for hook years ago. It made many nights better  that said I better rip all his music before it gets taken down from backlash ?

On 5/31/2018 at 11:44 PM, KHCast said:

But now the guy is just gonna go to a bar and spread his homophobia there. If i were him i would just continue doing it out of spite if people told me to stop. I would just say its not cool to hate people for no good reason if i were to ask him to not do it. That would be me though. Like firing people is not gonna solve his extreme view points, you need to reason and give that person an answer. Or atleast make somewhat of an attempt, firing is just not helping

Firing them helps by not giving them a large ass microphone to spread hate. If I had to choose between them doing that on a national level, or at a bar, I’m gonna prefer the latter. It may not entirely solve the situation, but it’s a damn good start nonetheless that tells people how they won’t stand for that shit, joke or not

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Firing them helps by not giving them a large ass microphone to spread hate. If I had to choose between them doing that on a national level, or at a bar, I’m gonna prefer the latter. It may not entirely solve the situation, but it’s a damn good start nonetheless that tells people how they won’t stand for that shit, joke or not

Eh youtube and other places. I'd just do it to annoy people if people went this way. I mean you could always try to kill them but you are always gonna breed homophobes. If anything bullying helps you grow a spine and its normal behavior aslong as it doesnt lead to suicide or mental issues for the weak. Like one can try to hold the hand of the person as its all rainbows and sunshine but then you are gonna have it burst when you meet someone who is gonna shatter it. So no i am pro this because it exposes the loser side of humanity and builds character in you. But he needs to find the answer like most humans to not be ok with it. Besides homophobia is a normal part of life in other countries aswell as here. Not going away by just censoring it, other ways to get the homophobia accross. Either way i would just spread it as much as i could if i had those views and got fired. That would be me, i have never been fired but yeah, i live in Norway and not places with oversensitive people may be the problem.

I...don’t think it’s over sensitive to be upset that someone you respect is laughing and making humor maybe even celebrating at the fact that people like you got massacred and expresses their hatred for you for being you?

and yeah sorry, I’m not really on board with this defeatist attitude of not trying to do anything in the grand scheme since “there’ll always be homophobia”. Martin Luther king may as well have done nothing I guess too since there’ll always be racists 

Racism is not legal, but still exists so you are right, everything is racist in this world depending how one defines it or what neo marxists consider racist. Same thing but there is a difference between being a racist and killing people over it. I think being racist against bad ideas is fine, white or black it doesnt matter, being racist against people just because they look different is insanely dumb though. So yeah it kinda is the same as being homophobic since being black is like being gay, just kidding. But it does work in terms of racist democrats who made Jim Crow laws, KKK and just made it into a civil rights movement to earn subscribers to use them as trophy for their cause considering its not arguing based on issues but on what group you belong too. So democrats think they own them or something, so democrats seems to be the racists here if you ask me.

57 minutes ago, SonicandShadowrules said:

But it does work in terms of racist democrats who made Jim Crow laws, KKK a

57 minutes ago, SonicandShadowrules said:

So democrats think they own them or something, so democrats seems to be the racists here if you ask me.

Ahahahaha are we still using this argument? Like, honestly, if you literally are comparing today’s Democrats to yesteryears, you must be really grasping to make democrats the evil side or something. Last I checked, roles reversed and republicans and the GOP are the one pushing discriminatory laws for both blacks and gays

• Thumbs Up 1