Awoo.

Mobile Site Broken?

Ryannumber1gamer

I can't speak much here because I haven't had it happen, but in order to try make it known in case it's buried in the statuses, several people like @KHCast and @Kellan have mentioned that the Mobile SSMB is having issues:

I can't really explain much as from when I checked Mobile, it seemed to just be some avatars that were missing on the statuses. So perhaps anyone having issues could mention what's happening here? 

@Chris @bmn

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's the interesting thing for me. It's almost perfectly fine when signed on, as I go here on a tablet all the time.

However, I test things out by going incognito, where I'm not signed in. When that happens, the site is an unfinished mess that's impossible to navigate through.

Just now, Failinhearts said:

Here's the interesting thing for me. It's almost perfectly fine when signed on, as I go here on a tablet all the time.

However, I test things out by going incognito, where I'm not signed in. When that happens, the site is an unfinished mess that's impossible to navigate through.

Hm. Which theme are you using when you're signed in?

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Hm. Which theme are you using when you're signed in?

Sonical (Default)

I'm getting an HTML mess when I use the site on mobile. Opening the  site on a new tab does nothing, requesting the desktop site does nothing, changing the theme does nothing (other than shuffle some colors around).

Also, the homepage keeps on putting random, really big profile pics into the top-right corner. In fact, right now it happens to be @Failinhearts profile pic. It even leads to his profile when I click it.

6 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Sonical (Default)

Odd. I thought maybe you had a different theme when logged in and there was a issue with the Sonical theme which would be the default applied skin. 

I’m currently unable to post statuses because the place where I type it in either doesn’t respond when I tap it, or it does but just stays saying “loading...” infinitely.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I’m currently unable to post statuses because the place where I type it in either doesn’t respond when I tap it, or it does but just stays saying “loading...” infinitely.

Same. At first, I had to go to my profile to do statuses, but when I tried to reply to one of my own I couldn't.

Having major problems with the site on my Android device since yesterday. Couldn't load the site at all yesterday. Today it's painfully slow to load pages. Sometimes requires refreshing the page to get it to actually load.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, the “Community” section displays as a lighter color and i have to tap the word to access the sub-forums and topics. Can someone help?

• 3 weeks later...

I figured I'd bump this.

My SSMB mobile site isn't fuctioning well, none of the butttons are working when I tap them, neither does the status updates messages when I want to type something.

So far, everything works fine when I'm on desktop or private mode in my phone, but not normally on my phone.

I've made a new theme available, "SSMB '18", which you can try out and see if it makes things better. This theme is a recreation of Sonical (light version) starting from an up-to-date codebase, and will eventually replace Sonical.

Please note:

• This is a work in progress, and it's not in the least bit finished
  • We'll be making changes, and strange things/breakage may occur
  • All complaints will be ignored ;)

If you can handle that, give it a shot.