Awoo.

Sonic Legacy (Sonic Paradox Comic Series)

SonicWindAttack

I myself am on this project and am very interested to see how it turns out. I'm voicing Sonic for the for YouTube dub that will be coming in tow with the comic itself.

• Thumbs Up 3

Drawing isn't an issue for me but figuring out how to do dynamic panel layout like that is always something I find tough just thinking about.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks neat! The art's not quite Archie/IDW level, but still pretty good. I'll give it a shot.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, alright, here are my thoughts.

Let's start with the pros: It's very professional. If I didn't know better I could been fooled into thinking it's official. I mean, it's definitely not AS good as Flynn & crew, but it's fairly close. Artwork, comedy, dialogue, it's all very good. (I'm guessing background is swarming with team's OCs. Who brought a human woman? Just curious...)
And bringing Eggette is a genius move! If you're a fan project, use it to your advantage. You can guess my first very petty complain. For me her name is "Eggette", that's how original artists called her.  Also, 'Omletta' is a name of robotic wife Robotnik had in one episode of AoStH. I know, obscure, 98% readers won't care.

The issue reminds me of IDW Sonic #1, that is too say it's competent, well told, but lacks the hook. Seems like little reason to read next one (don't worry I will read).
Starting from start, VERY start is...unique approach. It's kinda funny Sonic learning about Badniks or capsules, when every single reader will know them. IDK, I hope you have purpose for it.

So let's talk about Tempest (BTW, her name is said ONCE in whole story. Just saying). She's good unique design, seems like a nice girl. It's just... you know what Mary Sue is?
- She's introduced by totally owning Sonic. (Down to "you're too slow")
- Then she's as fast as him (in water, but still. How convenient that Green Hills have so much water).
- She saves him from Buzz Bomber AND she's the one to trick Eggette.
- And there are at least two jokes about shipping her with Sonic. (admittedly, both jokes are cute. I like tiny Tempest in second joke).

Just to make it clear: it's not automatically bad thing. Both Shadow and Knuckles were introduced by making Sonic look like a chump. So what's the difference between Mary Sue and good character? Basically, if readers like that character or not.
So you're walking a fine line with her. You don't need to make her weaker or lamer to avoid controversy (maaaaybe do it one notch). Just pay extra attention to her characterization. You don't want to end with "OC who's basically female dolphin Sonic, only better"

I'm sure you have it all planned out, but this is what I would do
Spoiler

Next issue (or later): no water.

Create a scenario that puts her in obvious disadvantage, show her vulnerable and force her to rely on Sonic. It's great way to capture audience's sympathy and strengthen her bonds with Sonic.

And it's not like it would make her look weak. When character is at it's bottom, but she's determinate to go forward, that's the real strength.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Howdy-ho everyone!

Just stopping by to show you this one, our music team just released "Our Legacy", the main theme song for the Sonic Legacy series! You'll hear this in all our future animations that are coming your way. It was a real honor to work on this with the Sonic Legacy family, and I hope you all like it as well!

I also want to extend a thanks to @SonicWindAttack for keeping our SSMB peeps updated on the series and for creating this topic. I'm sure the entire team would be so grateful, I know I am. Thank you isn't exactly enough, so if there's anything you need just let me know

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the banter between Eggman and Omlette. She's so darn cute. Kudos to both the artists and writers.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sonic Legacy's issue 1 voice dub is now out! Join Sonic the Hedgehog and Tempest the Dolphin as they meet for the very first time . . . as well as Omelette! Plus, you'll hear some very familliar sounding music in here (I did the opening theme, the first scene and the badnik confrontation track). Hope you guys like it! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 months later...

I really enjoy how this fancomic is incorporating so many aspects of classic Sonic lore in various unique ways. Origin stories can be really hard to pull off, but I've enjoyed what you guys have been doing so far. Keep up the good work, @SonicWindAttack and crew!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes and ears! Sonic Legacy Issue 2 voicedub is now up and online!!!

Join Sonic and Tempest as they explore an unknown underground world, and you'll hear yours truly in the lava scene with that adrenaline pumping music! But seriously, from all of us at Sonic Legacy we hope you enjoy this episode, and stay tuned to the future of an epic adventure!

Also, keep your eyes peeled. This also means I will be publishing new music within the next day or so. Hope you enjoy . . . ERUPTION! See you all soon! Enjoy!