Awoo.

Devil May Cry V

Meta77

Did you, by any chance, get the topic title from that resetera “leak”. Because the fact the domain name is using the actual number instead of the Roman numeral, makes me think at least that part of it is fake.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Thank lord they are not continuing that reboot mess

Watch as they add in a costume for Dante based on the reboot

Like how Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite did.

8 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Watch as they add in a costume for Dante based on the reboot

Like how Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite did.

Don't you dare don't you dare put that hex on this game lol

19 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Did you, by any chance, get the topic title from that resetera “leak”. Because the fact the domain name is using the actual number instead of the Roman numeral, makes me think at least that part of it is fake.

No I just prefer myself using v instead of 5. I mean technically they are both the same thing. If the game comes out they will probably stick to the number format

The only thing that threw me off while watching this is that I assumed this was an entirely new character because the art style threw me waaaay off so it wasn't until the part where his arm gets ripped off where I was like "oh... OH IT'S NERO MY BOY"

Looks sick as shit. It's weird they went from anime to realistic but it's not bad-looking. Nero's back a la Apollo Justice. The new chick is fucking hot. Grandpa Dante. I'm really excited for this

“Devil Trigger” by Ali Edwards is the trailer song apparently. Just for note so I can remember to get the song later.

Pleasantly surprised that DMC 5 is an actual thing and that the poor reboot seems to be completely dead. In the same boat as Sean here where I didn't even know that was Nero at first because of art style change. I actually didn't find out until I went to Capcom website and read their post on the game. Good to see Dante being his usual self (but it pains me to see he's that old now!)

Everything is looking awesome about this game. Only played DMC 4 (Still need the HD collection), but definitely keeping an eye on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

The new art had me worried it was that crap version but then yea the arm gave it away slightly. Granted as he said its been 10 years since the old game so of course it has improved.

But but but but but Jim Sterling said everyone needed to just get over DmC and embrace it for the future...

• Chuckle 5
  • Absolutely 1

23 minutes ago, Tornado said:

But but but but but Jim Sterling said everyone needed to just get over DmC and embrace it for the future...

Didn’t he say how he was fine with both iterations of DMC and simply didn’t get the outcry from a temporary departure for something experimental?

32 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I REALLY hope he does a follow up lol.

Both games run fine but the new DmC tarnished the character. I think i nearly gave up when he and that one zit boss had a cussing match of F you back and forth.

40 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Didn’t he say how he was fine with both iterations of DMC and simply didn’t get the outcry from a temporary departure for something experimental?

He probably did at some point. He certainly shut right the fuck up with most of his defense of it when it actually came out and was completely ignored by people who didn't give a shit about Devil May Cry and was actively shunned by a sizeable portion of those that did.

But that's not what he was doing before it came out. I distinctly remember him trawling Deviantart or something just so he could write an article for a professional gaming news site shitting all over specific pieces of fan art for making Donte look too much like actual Dante. He spent months repeating "HURR DURR GREEN EYES" strawmen and actively contributing to the animosity the game had until it became clear that the game was not going to light up the sales charts for the exact reasons he was mocking people over, even though he gave it a glowing review.

• Way Past Cool 1
  • Absolutely 1

Huh. Never once got that impression he’d do that.

hes seemed pretty consistent about his defending of the game.

but he was actually making fun of fans artwork of donte???

Well gee, at least he apologized but I’d hope he’s changed as that’s not really a side I’ve seen from him.(granted that is 8 years old, but still.)

That trailer almost made me drool...

It’s been a while since I’ve felt this way about a DMC game.

Main thing I'm worried about is if you'll be forced to play as each character during a campaign like in 4, or if they'll do the sensible thing and make them all separate modes like 3SE. DMC4 had the best gameplay of the series but the forced switch to Dante really killed a lot of my goodwill for the game up to that point, and it was why I wasn't terribly excited for the prospect of DMC5 having multiple playable characters again (plus I really didn't like the sounds of that leak from last year). The presence of a third one is making me kinda "ehhh" so I guess we'll see what happens

• 2 months later...