Awoo.

PlayStation @ E3 2018: 4 Games, 4 The Players (June 11th/12th)

NegaMix

Yeah, I couldn't think of a more clever title. Sue me.

E3's fast approaching, and I think it's about time we took a look at what ol' Sony has to offer. And in a twist, they've already given us a heads-up on what to expect from them!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/11/playstation-at-e3-2018-the-journey-begins-june-11-at-600pm-pacific/

It’s been an exceptional year for games, thanks to genre-defining masterworks like A Way Out, Far Cry 5, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, and Moss.

But 2018 is just getting started. To ring in a new year of incredible new gaming experiences, the PlayStation team is planning a new E3 Showcase — and we’re inviting all of our closest friends. That means you!

Join us on Monday, June 11 starting at 6:00pm Pacific Time as we share a preview of what’s next for PlayStation. We’ll broadcast the show live from E3 2018 in Los Angeles, California via live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

In a rare break from tradition, we wanted to give you an early glimpse at what to expect heading into the Showcase on June 11. PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios will be at E3 in full force to provide you with an exclusive look at four upcoming titles: Death Stranding from Kojima Productions, Ghost of Tsushima from Sucker Punch, Marvel’s Spider-Man from Insomniac Games, and The Last of Us Part II from Naughty Dog.

Of course, we’ll have stellar announcements from third-party publishers and independent developers, who are all busy devising innovative new experiences that will make your heart race and your emotions soar — whether you’re playing on PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS VR.

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog to learn a bit more about what’s in store as we count down to June 11, 2018 and another exciting E3 season.

Our journey begins Monday, June 11 starting at 6:00pm Pacific time. Will you join us?

TIMES:

Monday 11th June - 6pm PT (Pacific Time)

Tuesday 12th June - 2am BST (UK time)

====================

Personally, I'm excited to hear more about Spider-Man, but not as excited for the rest. What about you guys?

Oh, fuck. I knew it.

The main focus is games we already know, and I bet the third party announcements are gonna be minor and not so exciting. Dammit, Sony, stop it.

Hard pass.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Oh, fuck. I knew it.

The main focus is games we already know, and I bet the third party announcements are gonna be minor and not so exciting. Dammit, Sony, stop it.

Hard pass.

Or maybe it's because they don't reveal big announcements right before the actual conference? There's going to be big stuff, you know how I know? Because Sony's already announced that on the lead-up to E3, they're going to slowly reveal more games each day to build hype, with E3 supposedly having more. Nintendo's even worse, the only confirmed game there is Smash with literally everything else being hidden. The reason why they've only announced those four games for the moment is because of the fact you don't reveal literally everything right before E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You do realize that they don't reveal big announcements right before hand? There's going to be big stuff, you know how I know? Because Sony's already announced that on the lead-up to E3, they're going to slowly reveal more games each day to build hype, with E3 supposedly having more. Nintendo's even worse, the only confirmed game there is Smash with literally everything else being hidden. The reason why they've only announced those four games for the moment is because of the fact you don't reveal literally everything right before E3.

They should at least mention the possibility of first party reveals instead of:

- Shit you already know

- And maybe some third parties, whatever

Regardless, this press release does not inspire confidence. I've been burnt on Sony's conferences every time. Nooot today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Failinhearts said:

They should at least mention the possibility of first party reveals instead of:

- Shit you already know

- And maybe some third parties, whatever

Regardless, this press release does not inspire confidence. I've been burnt on Sony's conferences every time. Nooot today.

They don't mention it because it's already obvious there's going to be first party reveals. There's literally a post released today that says nothing but "to build up E3, we're announcing new games every single day". Nintendo hasn't confirmed reveals either, other than Smash stuff and that's because it's obvious there's going to be reveals as there is with every Direct. It's fine to feel burnt with Sony's lackluster stuff last year, but it's pretty damn obvious that there's more than just those four games. 

The way I see it, there may be more game announcements from Sony before/during E3, but these four will be getting the primary focus during their conference. Everything else will likely get a trailer at least, but not much else until after the conference.

18 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

The main focus is games we already know,

Yeah... I imagine the press release would mentions games we already know about instead of ruining the reveals for ones we don't.

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Yeah... I imagine the press release would mentions games we already know about instead of ruining the reveals for ones we don't.

Regardless of the case, they could've at least alluded something and not just treat new reveals as some sort of afterthought.

New reveals or not anyway, I'm not exactly trusting of Sony to deliver a good conference anyway. More times than not, it's a waste of time.

I just want to see The Last of Us Part II gameplay (which we know we're getting). 

Will also be sweet to see more Spiderman footage and Death Stranding gameplay because that game looks weird-as-fuck.

But yeah, TLOU gameplay will be the main hype for this conference regardless of any new game announcements.

I hope Death Stranding gets an actual gameplay trailer finally. If they show another nonsensical cinematic trailer, I swear I'll be angry. And they won't like me when I'm angry. I'll whine and complain and everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping the Last of Us 2 finally shows us something proper with Joel and Ellie this time. I hated last year's trailer.

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I hope Death Stranding gets an actual gameplay trailer finally. If they show another nonsensical cinematic trailer, I swear I'll be angry. And they won't like me when I'm angry. I'll whine and complain and everything.

"When do we get to see the game?"

Kojima: "This is the game!"

...In all seriousness, I'd definitely prefer to see some actual gameplay this year. Besides, I don't think I want to know how they could possibly top having a baby give me a thumbs-up from inside a man's belly.

Playstation is starting its E3 countdown this Wednesday, with new announcements every morning.

I'm expecting a gameplay reveal of the Medievil 1/2 remake.

I'm expecting Sly 5 and that Sly Cooper TV Series during Playstation's press conference and the days leading up to it.

Outside of the mentioned four main titles, third party titles and possible (and hopeful, Sony, especially considering your past events have not been that spectacular) surprises, the thing i'm the most interested in is the Medievil remake: we know nothing since the original announcement (so much for the "more info soon" 🙄), not even who's developing it.
I'll not mind if Daysgone will not be shown, considering the delayed release it's fine if the game's gonna be highlighted more later this year.

All 4 games are on my radar so I hope we get a lengthy gameplay session for each. 

I'm hoping we get two gameplay demos for Spider-Man - one showcasing a Peter Parker mission while the other just lets us see some of the things the open-world has in store.

8 hours ago, Mayor D said:

You can punch a ghost in the face

That'd be good against SSMB's ghost.

You guys think The Last of Us 2 will get at least a release window? I hope to have this bad boy in my hands before 2020 tho'. 

One thing that worked wonders for me with the first game (althought it was fully unintentional) was not seeing or reading anything about it. I didn't followed the hype back then, IDK, it was a different moment for me, the little I saw about it didn't moved me. When the game was released, I only heard it was really good, and I eventually got it months later and played it blind. Which was fantastic, holy shit. 

I want to avoid getting spoiled, but I already am hyped for this xD

what a major disappointment.

don't get me wrong, this wasn't wii music or konami E3 2010 levels of bad, but it was still somehow more underwhelming than the E3 2017 conference.

i don't even hate the PS4, but that conference made me happier to go for the nintendo switch.

• Thumbs Up 1