Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3 2018: June 10th "Introducing the Xbox One S S X Tricky"

Strickerx5

Xboxat_E32018_HERO-hero.jpg

It's that time of the year again folks. When good old Spencer Cause sneaks into a conference center at night and decides if all the little Xbox fans of the world have been naughty or nice. We all know Microsoft isn't the most popular team around these parts but I do believe that they have the most to gain from this E3; which is why I'm making this topic.

Time: Sunday, June 10th| 1:00pm PDT, 4:00pm ET, 9PM BST

Site: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3

Conference:

What to Expect: Microsoft has been rather quite about their plans this time around. All they've really detailed is that they plan to go big on exclusives. Expect to see the usual suspects like Forza and Gears of War (they've actually stated that they currently have 3 Gears titles in development) while maybe even some new faces along the way. Halo 6 will probably be there too but 343 hasn't said much about it though I don't think it's a stretch to assume some form of the IP being there. We'll definitely see Crackdown 3 and the new Ori as well.

Also, there's a sale going on.

Edited by Strickerx5
Conference added

Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remakes and a Threeie tease are happening. And if anyone doesn't believe and it doesn't happen, they are personally to blame.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1
  • Absolutely 1

All I want is for Forza Horizon 4 to be in a good location. I've seen the rumours, and I'm... not... biased...

I'm curious about the battle royale experience they teased as well. Oh, and seeing what Crackdown 3 looks like now.

Everyone when a car gets shown again:

In all seriousness tho, might miss out on it.

19 hours ago, Marcello said:

And if anyone doesn't believe and it doesn't happen, they are personally to blame.

Guess we can blame Microsoft then if it doesn't happen. They've gotta believe themselves after all.

This is gonna be the make it or break it year for Microsoft. Considering what as happened until this point, either they'll have a shitton of actual console exclusives to shown and announce, or will publicly announce they're gonna bail out of the console market and focus on releasing their IPs on PC and other platforms a la SEGA.
Oh, and i also want the release date for Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
And PC ports of Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery. Pls.

14 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

This is gonna be the make it or break it year for Microsoft. Considering what as happened until this point, either they'll have a shitton of actual console exclusives to shown and announce, or will publicly announce they're gonna bail out of the console market and focus on releasing their IPs on PC and other platforms a la SEGA.
Oh, and i also want the release date for Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
And PC ports of Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery. Pls.

Yeah, again, Microsoft definitely has the most to either gain or lose this year. They've been stumbling from the beginning with the One and I don't think they've ever been in this position before. The One isn't a bad system but it simply doesn't have the exclusives to make people choose it over a PS4.

Like, as much as I love the idea of every one of the main 3 dropping consoles all together and selling their stuff on PC (that's simply the PC gamer in me), the reasons for consoles themselves to be there can't be overstated. Not only are they simply more accessible, but competition breeds innovation. That's why the Xbox as a brand needs to do well. We need someone to challenge Sony (cause lord knows Nintendo hasn't hit for that field in almost a decade), thus keeping things moving on the console side. Microsoft really needs to step up to the plate next week and hit hard. I can't say what that should look like... but it has to be something.

Though, I really do hope that they keep those pc ports coming. Windows is their product too after all. It'd be terrible if Forza Horizon 4 didn't get a pc port considering how good 3 looked on it.

Also, for the love of god, please just put Halo 3 on PC already. 343 knows how high the demand for it is and it ain't like it'll hurt anything. It's literally just money they're leaving on the table at this point.

I can tell ya that Microsoft will not listen to any of these.

Also, can't wait for more Minecraft or should I say...

and the car too

3 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

The One isn't a bad system but it simply doesn't have the exclusives to make people choose it over a PS4.

You wanna have a laugh? Not counting the timed exclusives that got PC or other console ports later on (like Killer Instict or Rise of the Tomb Raider), right now the XBox One has a grand total of 13 (thirteen) exclusives, possibly 12 if the rumor about Sunset Overdrive recieving a PC port are true. And of these, half of them are Kinect games, and a quarter are ports/collections.
This is even worse than the fucking Virtual Boy, we've gone way past the levels of the WiiU. And of the titles who are only on Xbox One and PC like Cuphead, they turned out to sell more on PC anyway. Even Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 did not managed to make things better, so at this point they need a miracle, and a good one at that.

Microsoft have been trying to make an interconnecting eco-system for years now. It's been completly slow, but it seems everything is finally in place to go ahead to do it if this is any indication. Xbox is basically one half of the Windows platform nowadays, with the consoles being just that half split into a dedicated gaming machine for those who don't have PC's capable of gaming.

That specific reason is why the Xbox One as a console no longer has exclusives. The Xbox name is a platform, and that platform is used for both consoles and PC. If I may say - that is what is affecting the console. PC's these days are getting better at running games at a cheaper price, meaning even if a person doesn't much care for ultra high end graphics they can still play all but the most demanding of games.

In other words, I'm guessing so long as Microsoft still make the money from the Xbox brand - whether that be console or PC - they're happy.

20 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Also, for the love of god, please just put Halo 3 on PC already. 343 knows how high the demand for it is and it ain't like it'll hurt anything. It's literally just money they're leaving on the table at this point.

Yes, they know and now that Eldewrito Mod got scrapped they need to bang their heads together and make that game even bigger.

So,  I heard ya'll like delays,  well, 

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I enjoyed this conference. They definitely delivered on the gaming end of things and I honestly don't think a One is a bad investment by any means at the moment. Though, as for the issue of exclusives... well, that really hasn't changed much. They have a lot coming with the new studios they're bringing in but as of right now, there just isn't a whole lot there that's worth talking about in terms of games that you can only play on a One and not a PS4. So overall, a good press conference but I'm not sure how much good it's going to do for them in the next year.

As for the PC releases, I'm going to be real here. I still think they count as Xbox exclusives. PC players aren't looking to get Ones nor PS4s so you'll rarely win one of us over. Not to mention that a majority of the console market isn't really looking to go all in on their gaming experiences with a PC so a lot of the time so for them, it's either play this on the One or not at all. It's just good business honestly. If two crowds don't really mix, why drop one?

So yeah, anyways I'm really looking forward to Forza Horizon 4. I hate that we didn't get to see more Halo here (especially with the continued lack of a certain pc port), but that's really it for negatives.