Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - E3 Demo Footage/Impressions

Wraith

50 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

It is pretty inappropriate, which is why it isn’t in there. It’s a Photoshop referencing Tails Gets Trolled, presumably to take the piss out of how odd Tails’ trashtalk was.

...ah

I see

So, since its a competition, what kind of trash talk should Tails have? Even if the dialogue is bad, I'd like him to say something against the other racers.

I only ask because in this setting, none of it is bothering me. Maybe if it were Lost World or something where the context didn't allow for it but as it stands its honestly mildly amusing.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

So, since its a competition, what kind of trash talk should Tails have? Even if the dialogue is bad, I'd like him to say something against the other racers.

I only ask because in this setting, none of it is bothering me. Maybe if it were Lost World or something where the context didn't allow for it but as it stands its honestly mildly amusing.

" Not so ultimate huh ?"

Bam

I just thought of that

" Powers can't help you, in machines i'm the king!" 

Bam

Pay me

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

" Not so ultimate huh ?"

Bam

I just thought of that

" Powers can't help you, in machines i'm the king!" 

Bam

Pay me

So only self-aggrandizing but nothing specific towards the other racers individually? Alright, I guess.

Again, I only ask because it's not bothering me. At least, not in this context. 

I'm also trying to brainstorm stuff that's more funny. Boom did a great job of that but one-liners on a racing course might be a bit tougher.

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

So only self-aggrandizing but nothing specific towards the other racers individually? Alright, I guess.

Again, I only ask because it's not bothering me. At least, not in this context. 

I'm also trying to brainstorm stuff that's more funny. Boom did a great job of that but one-liners on a racing course might be a bit tougher.

That is specific , its specific to shadow. It what would tails be saying in this situation.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

That is specific , its specific to shadow. It what would tails be saying in this situation.

Oh. You meant Ultimate as in "Ultimate Lifeform". That's an easy miss in a game where they're all shouting ultimate all the time.

Hmm. I don't know. I'm certainly not going to defend any of those lines but I'm not bothered by any of them here. 

"Who's your daddy" is more funny than bitchy to me. Both because it's a terrible line and because it's Tails saying it. I'm not bothered by the fact that he's doing competition snark like that.

I don't see an issue with "Messed up your makeup" though. 

I remember when I thought Tails sounded kinda annoying in Sonic Adventure 2's kart racing mode when he said, "Can't catch me!" 

I don't mind that line at all anymore. 

I like the idea of a Tails who tries to be all hard and cool but is really bad at it. Maybe that's the reason him saying "Who's your daddy" to fucking Shadow the Hedgehog makes me laugh. It's cute how dorky it is coming from Tails.

There's also the fact that I think I'm seeing it more as playful banter rather than him being serious. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I like the idea of a Tails who tries to be all hard and cool but is really bad at it. Maybe that's the reason him saying "Who's your daddy" to fucking Shadow the Hedgehog makes me laugh. It's cute how dorky it is coming from Tails.

There's also the fact that I think I'm seeing it more as playful banter rather than him being serious. 

I don't think anyone thinks anyone in this game is being serious. That said it doesn't fit him? Like I don't see tails trying hard to be cool as a thing tails would do. That sounds more like a charmy things. Tails to me is a guy who makes dumb smart jokes that makes him giggle, but everyone else just kinda goes aug. I would have prefered they went that route

Like if charmy said that line, I would be like " oh yeah that's fine he's stupid " but tails , shits hella weird. And this in combination with his last few game appearances , its just not a good look

• Thumbs Up 1

It just came to my mind: the fact that character have to speak a lot during the races might rule out the chances of any classic character 🤔

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

It just came to my mind: the fact that character have to speak a lot during the races might rule out the chances of any classic character 🤔

That's good. No more classic shit in modern games.

Enough is enough 

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

That's good. No more classic shit in modern games.

Enough is enough 

Yeah, if anything, let the modern games suck by themselves, don't need to drag the classic branch too :P

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yeah, if anything, let the modern games suck by themselves, don't need to drag the classic branch too :P

Any excuse to prevent Classic pandering in modern games is good whether the excuse is insulting or not to the modern branch.

But I disagree the modern games suck more because of Classic Sonic shoved in our throats.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Why does this suck? Because modern characters are in? XD

Interview by TSS with Aaron by the way: https://www.sonicstadium.org/2018/06/tss-e3-2018-interview-with-aaron-webber/

> Don't expect Mighty, Ray or classic characters. Yay

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

I didn't expect classic characters anyway. I'm still assuming it'll be Sonic Heroes + Eggman, Silver, and Blaze. (Maybe Blaze replacing Cream or Big and Metal Sonic is also playable.)

Definitely Infinite if they want to cross promote with Forces. I thought they would promote Mania Plus and vice versa as well, but I guess those characters don't really fit here considering the themes and dialogues.

I'd have to imagine Forces isn't gonna make much more money than it already has, even with it's financial success it didn't do as well as Mania and it's not getting a special edition either.

I thought Forces did much better in sales than everyone assumed?

I think Metal Sonic (speed), Infinite (technique) and Eggman (power) is very possible.

Eggpawn is probably not playable, especially seeing as he's a power type character, which Eggman is almost certain to be.

I predict they are going to reuse assets from Forces with the stages, so Infinite is certainly possible too. But I'm personally looking forward to the brand new tracks.

So, it seems like there might not actually be a mode for racing alone without the team mechanic. It was a question asked during the IGN Play stream and the people stepped around the question somewhat by saying "there'd be single player offerings like story and time trials where your teammates are controlled by the A.I), which isn't really the question that was asked.

Or maybe they just misinterpreted what was being asked? Idk.

Also can't wait to have another game where I can't stand Tails! 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jack the Maniac said:

Why does this suck? Because modern characters are in? XD

Interview by TSS with Aaron by the way: https://www.sonicstadium.org/2018/06/tss-e3-2018-interview-with-aaron-webber/

> Don't expect Mighty, Ray or classic characters. Yay

Guess I just predicted the future.

Yep, this game wil have your standard affair of characters. Which sucks, honestly. Congratulations, Sonic Team, you missed the point of mascot racers :V 

10 bucks we're getting at least 4 more levels from Generations/Forces in this and none from the classics. Well, except Green Hill, Chemical Plant and Death Egg, obviously :^)

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think anyone thinks anyone in this game is being serious. That said it doesn't fit him? Like I don't see tails trying hard to be cool as a thing tails would do. That sounds more like a charmy things. Tails to me is a guy who makes dumb smart jokes that makes him giggle, but everyone else just kinda goes aug. I would have prefered they went that route

Like if charmy said that line, I would be like " oh yeah that's fine he's stupid " but tails , shits hella weird. And this in combination with his last few game appearances , its just not a good look

I can see that point of view. I'm a bit more flexable with how I view what his character can do to get that awkward, nerdy feeling out there though. I'm not bothered by it in this context. 

Though, I'm fairly certain there were some people taking him seriously. At least, that's what I gather when he's being referred to as an asshole.