Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - E3 Demo Footage/Impressions

Wraith

I want my all girls team with Amy, Cream and Blaze, what interactions can Big offer compared to Blaze? If you want him as an extra or DLC, sure.

Infinite is weak... I mean, better than most one off Sonic villains and some of the recurring ones.

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Maniac said:

I want my all girls team with Amy, Cream and Blaze, what interactions can Big offer compared to Blaze? If you want him as an extra or DLC, sure.

Infinite is weak... I mean, better than most one off Sonic villains and some of the recurring ones.

Big is funny and chill. Blaze is more shy.

I'd like Blaze but I'd ALSO like Big because we miss him.

I'd take Big over Blaze to be honest if there's only one spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thing is: Amy, Metal, Eggman and Vector are a safe bet.

Espio and Charmy also work for team purposes.

That leaves 3 spots, the candidates could be: Silver, Blaze, Cream, Big, Sticks, Infinite. If there is a DLC team they could be all in.

I wouldn't rule out the Babylons as DLC. I would rule out Nack because of what Aaron said. Team Rose is the most unpredictable one.

For me I think it'll be:

-Same roster as heroes.

-Plus Eggman team: Eggman, Metal, Gemerl (whatver Eggman did to convince him to join).

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

Thing is: Amy, Metal, Eggman and Vector are a safe bet.

Espio and Charmy also work for team purposes.

That leaves 3 spots, the candidates could be: Silver, Blaze, Cream, Big, Sticks, Infinite. If there is a DLC team they could be all in.

I wouldn't rule out the Babylons as DLC. I would rule out Nack because of what Aaron said. Team Rose is the most unpredictable one.

Due to Runners, Tikal is a good candidate too.

And also if we’re strictly talking DLC, Tangle could get developed as DLC.

My guess for roster, just for fun.

Base Game: Team Sonic (Sonic (S), Tails (T), Knuckles (P)), Team Dark (Shadow (S), Rouge (T), Omega (P)), Team Chaotix (Vector (P), Espio (S) , Charmy (T)), Team Rose (Amy (S), Cream (T), Big (P)), Team Eggman (Eggman (P), Metal Sonic (S), Infinite/someone else (T)).

Potential Unlockable/DLC teams - Team Babylon (Jet (S), Wave (T), Storm (P)), Team Future (Blaze (S), Silver (T), Nega (P)), Team Phantom (Infinite (S), Zavok (P), Chaos (T))

Other potential characters because of highlighted use in a recent Modern game (either the M&S series, the Hardlight games, Runners, etc.): Zazz (T), Sticks (T), Tikal (T/P), Classic Sonic (Speed). 

I'm really salty with the fact that they're likely going with the most standard roster ever for this... Would have loved to see different and crazy teams, like a Team Adventure (Tikal, Chaos 0 and Gamma), Team Villains (Metal, Mephiles and Infinite), Team SOL Dimension (Blaze, Marine and Nega) and even a Team Deadly (Zazz, Zavok and Zeena)... C'mon, Sumo and Sonic Team, this was your chance...

• Thumbs Up 1

But there is likely a villains team, it's boring if it's just that plus the Heroes teams though, this is why I added Blaze into the mix, plus Silver and others in some way.

Tikal: Possible, I just doubt it with 15 characters.

Mephiles: Was in Runners, but there were tons of them, has been forgotten aside from that.

Tangle: I highly doubt it, she is currently in only one issue of the comics, it's not like she is recurring for now. If she was a mainstay though...

Marine: Who's that?

Nega: No actual recolors, I'd rather have Egg Pawns then.

But yeah, they could have mixed it up, just go crazy with characters, and it would have been a lot of fun. This is why I said the Babylon Rogues are possible as DLC team, Rio had them, and Zavok and Zazz as well.

2 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

Marine: Who's that?

Blaze's sidekick during Sonic Rush Adventure. She hasn't really appeared since, but was featured in two of the Sonic Channel 25th Anniversary comic strips and had a mii costume in some of the Mario & Sonic games. I think she's largely been replaced by Sticks though.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Jango said:

You know which character would be cool instead? Infinite. After all, he is a modern character.

And yet how are the Hard Boiled Heavies and Zeti any better? 

Also, who’s to say we won’t be getting any cameos from those who missed the roster?

10 hours ago, Jango said:

Wait... If Amy is tech... Blaze confirmed part of Team Rose? Cream can't/won't be speed. I actually doubt she would be in to begin with. So Team Rose is likely going to be Blaze, Amy and... Big!

Obviously Cheese's godlike powers could be used to justify Cream being a Power type.

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 2

Jeez could they make Tails any more obnoxious?.....Well I think if they got like the Heroes or OVA voice to do these lines, then I think people would place him lower than Marine at this rate XD if not already.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

Infinite is weak...

Did you intend that? 😂 

3 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

Chocola for Flag Boy 2018.

I think that cat guy also covers that part too 

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Jeez could they make Tails any more obnoxious?

Yes, they could. He could try to use very "wordy" insults, because he's...the smart one.

This is better.

Its a massive departure from Forces Tails,  which is a huge relief. I'd pick his Colors iteration over the Forces one anyday. 

If Amy really is a Technique Class, than that could pave the way for Vector to return to Team Rose as its power member. Now that we have confirmation that teams can be mixed and matched in some of the modes, Vector is no longer tied to the hip of a potential Chaotix team. In that case, Charmy is likely the first casualty of the 15 man roster anyway, and even Espio could be squeezed out for more prominent characters like Silver and Blaze.

Or you can do something completely stupid and pull and Sonic Runners to make Blaze the power type of the team... despite that making no sense whatsoever lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really a downer we're only getting 15 characters. I can understand wanting to maybe focus on just that amount in the story mode of course, but look at other kart games like Mario Kart and the sheer amount of options there. There's really no justifiable reason to not offer more characters in the other game modes, especially since you can mix and match whatever characters you want outside of story mode. To not go totally ham on the roster and give us some long overdue fanservice is just... sad. 

Because of the limited number of characters, I have to yet again stress about Blaze, my favorite, even being in the game. I want to think she'd be an easy lock just because she's popular and tends to be featured in spin-off games like this, but the team schtick has me worried that they're going to have absolutely no surprises and just pull a copypasta of the Heroes roster plus a villainous team containing Eggman, all the while leaving out fan faves like Blaze and Silver. And if Blaze and/or Silver do luck out and get in, then either Cream, Big, or some/all of the Chaotix are going to be drawing the short stick and get cut. That's what really stinks about all of this. Bottom line though, I just want Blaze if I can't have 'em all. Preferably on a team with Cream, please.

Also, people all over are speculating about the Babylon Rogues, as they would fit in smoothly in a game like this. As much as I too would love to have them, I don't think they'll be in. On the last SEGA stream, someone asked Aaron if they were going to be playable, and while he didn't outright say no, it was pretty obvious he was about to say that he didn't think so, but recovered by saying he "doesn't know." In general, his reaction made it obvious they weren't in, which is a shame. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Still hope we get the roster expanded through unlockables/dlc/updates, or at least get some cameos from characters who didn’t make the cut.

Yes, between the team focus, Classic/Modern split, and Sonic's big-budget days being in his past, this game's chance of having a remotely interesting or unpredictable roster is pretty much torpedoed.  Quite a shame, but I'd imagine we'll get a few cameos regardless.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, Blue Blood said:

Racer stats for anyone interested. Sonic and Shadow are identical, but Knuckles and Omega, and Tails and Rouge are not.

Sonic (Speed)

Acceleration: 5/10
Boost: 6/10
Defense: 4/10 
Handling: 5/10
Speed: 7/10

Tails (Technique)
Acceleration: 7/10
Boost: 4/10
Defense: 5/10 
Handling: 7/10
Speed: 4/10

Knuckles (Power)
Acceleration: 4/10
Boost: 7/10
Defense: 7/10 
Handling: 4/10
Speed: 5/10

Shadow (Speed)
Boost: 6/10
Defense: 4/10 
Handling: 5/10
Speed: 7/10

Rouge (Technique)
Acceleration: 7/10
Boost: 4/10
Defense: 5/10 
Handling: 6/10

Omega (Power)

Boost: 7/10
Defense: 6/10 
Handling: 4/10

I see.  So, each character has 27 points split between their five stats; a curious number, though perhaps it can be boosted up to 30 by some method, and more obviously the customisation/mods system will presumably allow individual stats to be further modified.  Otherwise - well, nobody's going to have higher speed than Sonic and Shadow, but then why set the cap at 10 if nobody's going to go higher than 7?  I could see later, weirder characters pitching lower than 4 for some stats, but there might be customisations which lower certain stats as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

If Amy really is a Technique Class, than that could pave the way for Vector to return to Team Rose as its power member. Now that we have confirmation that teams can be mixed and matched in some of the modes, Vector is no longer tied to the hip of a potential Chaotix team.

I don't think Vector would be split from the rest of the Chaotix in most circumstances. The reason he was with Team Rose in Free Riders seemed more like they wanted the Chaotix, couldn't get all three in because the rest were established in the Riders series, so Vector was squeezed into team Rose (since Big wasn't there already and they could argue Blaze was paired with Silver for the consideration of teams) and given a reason in-story as to why. 

Nowadays though, you can see in Runners/Runners Adventure/Forces that they're more willing to have all the Chaotix from the get-go than make sure any semblance of team Rose is present, so really I think it's only them that are the wildcard right now, and that we'll get all three Chaotix. 

So we can rule out the Babylons too? I figured that, still sad though.

And Tails seems possessed by Wave, he has become a bully.

9 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Yes, they could. He could try to use very "wordy" insults, because he's...the smart one.

This is better.

I dunno, wordy insults that come off dorky sounds like boom tails

Boom tails is like the best tails in years. This is not better, there is a better version of tails for whatever reason, they just have no interest in