Awoo.

Dead or Alive 6: waifus cometh

Meta77

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

They say they are toning down the sexiness which is odd

Either they are due to the whole atypical disgruntled parents with the whole 'I don't like how these women are oversexualized' thing, or they are saying that to keep legal shit off of them, but secretly they are keeping all the sexy stuff in the game as unlockables or something. I mean the DOA games have the rating they do for a reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a huge fan of Dead or Alive since Dead or Alive 2, so this is great.

I'd actually be okay with them toning down the sexiness. Dead or Alive 1-4 was reasonable (only a few standout revealing costumes), and 5 went absolutely crazy with the dlc exploitation and such. It actually dumbed down the value of the costumes. Also, I really disliked the direction it went with Marie Rose, the past Dead or Alives never sexualised characters who look like underage kids (even is she is 'technically' 18).

Also, just to remind everyone, when they revealed Dead or Alive 5 they said they were going to tone down the sexiness, and, yeeeeah, they didn't exactly keep to it 😛 . You can't trust a word Tecmo Koei say. I would not be surprised in the slightest if 6 came out and it was even more exploitative than 5. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

The lack of the sexiness is honestly strongly keeping me from being very interested in this game despite the fact that it does little pretty amazing. Probably cause without it, I could just play Tekken instead. lol

Still looks good, though.

• Fist Bump 1

Dead or Alive plays absolutely nothing like Tekken though, and the characters in DoA are appealing in their own right,

I'm going to seriously facepalm if people don't buy into it if it takes the (sensible) route of toning down the sexiness. Especially if (and no one's done this here) the alt-right online community start whinging about censorship and how 'SJW's' are ruining DoA when they clearly have never played or been into this series.

Fans have been calling for DoA to tone it down ever since DoA 5 Ultimate. The bodies have all become exactly the same (in DoA 2-3 each character had more varying body sizes) and the fanservice and boob jiggling has become ridiculous. It was there in 2-4, but far more sensibly restrained. And fans hated it when Marie Rose (basically a very new child character) was in DOAX3 over, say, Leifang and Tina. 

It just annoys me is all. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Instead of sexualizing to the extreme women making them nothing but things to  wank to, they’re working more on the game and it’s quality? And that’s bad...how?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

Hmm, I think the lack of over exaggerated sexiness might be good thing, I have seen a lot more people praising the change than people complaining about it. (which is kinda surprising tbh) The only game I played was 2 and I actually prefer it over the Tekken games but I gotta say, it is a little too distracting, making the characters more "human" might be a good thing. You get invested in the characters this time instead of just getting distracted of the bounciness, and besides, the characters still look sexy and stuff, so... I think we have a balance here.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's odd to change a staple after a decade. Sexy women that are all smart and powerful in thier own right was aleays neat. If you want to it that's on you. But it sounded like they got cold feet a little.  While Soul Calibur came out swinging with some amazing gameplay while keeping the sexiness of the characters.  well see how sales go for it.  he'll even the mobile game got censored thanks to the west.

You can still be sexy and not oversexual. Nerds don’t get grossly unrealistic expectations of woman this time around, k. It being a “traditional” thing is no reason they can’t modernize either.(also it’s not censorship if they themselves decided to change it. That’s their creative freedom being used. It may be something you disagree with, but it’s not censorship)

• Thumbs Up 3

The mobile game was censored because people complained.  and please don't do that whole expectations argument. No one should use video games to decide how they should look. If that were the case is be offended kratos and ryuare so built.  I'm still going to buy this but toning down the sexy the series is known for is odd is all I am saying. As someone who has actually bought every game and art book to date.

• Thumbs Up 2

Been a long time Dead Or Alive fan since DOA2 on the Dreamcast. Surprised were getting 6 already since they released so many versions of 5 and have been still promoting it. Where's Ninja Gaiden 4? Hope they didn't forget that series.

And damn I see it isn't coming to the Switch. Guess I'll be skipping this one unless I finally get around to getting a PS4.

• Thumbs Up 1

... I dunno guys, I don't see any censorship here. The girls still have big boobs and cleavage. 😛

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

... I dunno guys, I don't see any censorship here. The girls still have big boobs and cleavage. 😛

Girls have noobs lol my ex had them lol but daaaaaaaaaaamn that punch lol

1 minute ago, JosepHenry said:

Maybe by toning down the sexiness they mean the girls won't have school girl outfits and bikinis as extra attires.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The mobile game was censored because people complained.  and please don't do that whole expectations argument. No one should use video games to decide how they should look. If that were the case is be offended kratos and ryuare so built.  I'm still going to buy this but toning down the sexy the series is known for is odd is all I am saying. As someone who has actually bought every game and art book to date.

Yeah you can’t pull that if we’re trying to treat video games as an art form on par with films, which also have gross over sexual representations of woman that give people false expectations. The same applies here, probably moreso. 

And as for the “sexualization/objectification of men” argument 

• Fist Bump 2

Oh Jim lol thank God for you. Let's agree to disagree on what we both think of the series. I'm a old school doa arcade fan so of course I'm going to defend it but I'm to tired atm to get into one of those games objectify people things

9 minutes ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

Maybe by toning down the sexiness they mean the girls won't have school girl outfits and bikinis as extra attires.

Possibly . Thank goodness I never feel into that $1050+ money pit

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

That does look like the case. Though they maybe using less sexual outfits for the default. I bet they will still stuff a few sexy outfits in as unlockables or something. Just specualtion though. If they don't, that's fine too. If the latter is the case, then that means they truly are sticking to making it more realistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Possibly . Thank goodness I never feel into that $1050+ money pit

Did they really go that crazy with DLC? I only ever owned the original DOA5 on Xbox 360. I remember there being some DLC for costumes but I never bought any.

27 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Dang, from the looks of that screen shot, jann lee (my main) seems like he's getting jacked. Seems like there will be some kind of battle damage system (whether it affects combat or not is debatable) or some kind of x-ray move like MK. I've admittedly been out of the series for awhile no but i'm interested in getting back into it with this one if it doesn't follow the current fighting game trend of cutting out all the extra stuff and only catering to the FGC.

On the topic of the sexualizing, its a whatever for me and I feel like people make a bigger deal out of it than it really needs. 

Edit: Though I do hope we get more outfits for the guys this time around and less generic anime of the week ones.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, JosepHenry said:

Lol, for what reason?  I mean, very often I see some (many) ladies dress (yes, in public) way worse than any video game chicks.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:31 AM, Meta77 said:

They say they are toning down the sexiness which is odd but I'll still go for it as I love doa

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/06/08/dead-or-alive-6-revealed-coming-in-2019

The moment you realize DOA is more toned down than the next Soul Calibur entry. How strange is it for a Teen rated game to have more freedom than an M rated game?

Disney XD just showed more of the game. ( Still can’t get over how strange that is.) They said not all classic outfits are ruled out, and they said it’s too soon to discuss whether the game would have dlc. It kind of sounds like there are plans for dlc, unfortunately...

Nothing about the story can be shared yet, but the story will be easier to understand than DOA5’s story.

Some of the new gameplay looks nice. I like how the lighting looks brighter and more vibrant.

Edited by SpongicX

11 hours ago, SpongicX said:

The moment you realize DOA is more toned down than the next Soul Calibur entry. How strange is it for a Teen rated game to have more freedom than an M rated game?

Disney XD just showed more of the game. ( Still can’t get over how strange that is.) They said not all classic outfits are ruled out, and they said it’s too soon to discuss whether the game would have dlc. It kind of sounds like there are plans for dlc, unfortunately...

Nothing about the story can be shared yet, but the story will be easier to understand than DOA5’s story.

Some of the new gameplay looks nice. I like how the lighting looks brighter and more vibrant.

On Disney XD seriously.  seems they are trying hard to tone it down. Yea well at least every other fighting game is sticking to their usual stuff. Blazblue. Soul Calibur .  kof, fighter ex.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

On Disney XD seriously.  seems they are trying hard to tone it down. Yea well at least every other fighting game is sticking to their usual stuff. Blazblue. Soul Calibur .  kof, fighter ex.

Eh, I mean even their normal outfits in the other games are pretty tame all things considered so I don't think its that outlandish to think that either way it would've been shown off.

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Keep in mind how it was actually IGN, but the fact that E3 was broadcast on Disney XD is still bizarre. Disney XD got away with some bloody imagery yesterday, due to showing footage from E3.

For the past few years, E3 was broadcast on Spike TV, but only for Microsoft’s show. Ever since Spike’s recent change to Paramount Network, E3 was suddenly moved to Disney XD for some reason. Disney XD is going to show all of E3’s presentations and announcements, unlike Spike.

Despite having a TV-PG rating, it’s still about as gritty as the content shown during Spike’s E3 broadcasts. Disney XD even had viewer discression messages appear during commercial breaks.