Awoo.

Jump Force (February 2019)| Goku in America

DiamondX

On 6/10/2018 at 10:24 PM, DiamondX said:

latest?cb=20180620180202

Jump Force is a new 3vs3 arena fighting game developed by Bandai. The game will launch in 2019 on PS4, XBO, and Steam.

We don't have much information about the story besides the fact that Light from Death Note is a story only character.

Confirmed characters:

latest?cb=20170408004654

-Naruto 

-Sasuke 

one_piece_logo2.png

-Luffy D. Monkey 

-Zoro

1448727671-9857adb2925cbbc57574d716c10fd

-Goku  Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime

-Freeza 

latest?cb=20170619133950&path-prefix=ru

-Ichigo

-Rukia

-Aizen

Stages:

-New York City

-Matterhorn

-Honk Kong

In the event that they don't have help characters like in past amusements, that'd mean no Tsubasa characters

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Meta77 said:

After playing the Beta for a bit tonight I can safely say it needs a lot more time in the oven.

Do tell. What are the issues away play despite a somewhat small looking roster at the moment?

Loading isn't great and the characters are always looking up for some reason. The lobby had way too much motion blur too.

Other than that I had a lot of fun playing it. Gameplay is cool despite being simple and the in battle graphics are flashy and fun. The semi-realistic art style doesn't bother me anymore either.

I just wish there were more female characters. There's only one (Rukia), not counting your avatar. But yeah, I liked it overall!

37 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Do tell. What are the issues away play despite a somewhat small looking roster at the moment?

The game looks good once you get past the oiled up doll looks of the cast. Probably the best modern jump game

but the game has way to much slow down. Its laggy as heck even just against the cpu. Moves do not always link and countering could use a tune up. Music can be quite at times. As someone else said there was a ton of lag in the lobby and lots of blur. I would spawn in lobbies with my camera in a wall. Also got froze midair after cpu goku slapped me up a building.

I made this capturing it from the one x. Any lag you see in the video is literally how bad it was in the game. It looks good but god is it annoying

• 2 weeks later...

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/jump-force-launches-february-15-2019-adds-ryo-saeba-from-city-hunter-and-kenshiro-from-fist-of-the-north-star

Our next two characters are Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star, and another veteran of the old Jump games like Yugi: Ryo Saeba from City Hunter.
Was expecting the first, but not the second. Very nice, still.

• 3 weeks later...

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/jump-force-adds-himura-kenshin-and-shishio-makoto-from-rurouni-kenshin
https://gematsu.com/2018/11/jump-force-adds-cell-and-piccolo-from-dragon-ball

Despite the controversy that happened to the author of Ruroni Kenshin, its two reps who were also in J-Stars (Kenshin himself and Shishio Makoto) join the frey. In addition, we get 2 other DBZ characters, Piccolo and Cell.

Also, just like with J-Stars, no english dub due to clusterfuck licenses: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/14/jump-force-wont-have-english-dub/

Not really surprised that Kenshin is still getting representation. I don't mind it either. Forget the author. We're jacking your shit. 

Also, I hope the fact that DBZ now has five characters dawns on the people I saw on Youtube complaining that One Piece had five characters. Obviously, they were going to get the most. It shouldn't have been a surprise.

Honestly, I'm most excited for the dude who I don't know at all. That Ryo Saeba guy from City Hunter. I have no clue who he is but characters from old as hell anime are always welcome in my book. I like learning more about the old generation. 

Few RK fans cared about the authors trouble and were more upset more volumes weren't releasing on post back then. For me he paid his fine and moved on. I'm glad RK is in. He is usually top tier in most his games I cant to abuse with him XD

• 4 weeks later...

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/jump-force-adds-boa-hancock-from-one-piece-trunks-from-dragon-ball-and-renji-abarai-from-bleach

Another update, this time for the inclusion of Boa Hancock (One Piece), Trunks (DBZ) and Renji Abarai (Bleach).
I'm... not too sure about these 3. Honestly, these could have been used for the DLC slots, since we have plenty of characters for both OP and DBZ while other series have just a few characters (Naruto or Saint Seyia) and others are still missing right now (Gintama, JoJo or Medaka Box). I'm guessing we'll see more at Jump Festa in a few days.

I know Boa is popular in Japan and I like her too but just like with J-Stars, it does seem like a bit of an odd choice. The five they had seemed like the perfect choices. I'm not complaining about getting another One Piece character of course. Trunks is a nice choice for DBZ too.

I will say, 6 characters for these two series might be one more than they necessarily need but it's not an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Would it be okay with you guys if I wouls update the first page closer to the release when we know more or less all the characters?

Sure. Speaking of:
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/jump-force-adds-izuku-midoriya-from-my-hero-academia
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/jump-force-story-mode-trailer-izuku-midoriya-screenshots

We have our second most predictable newcomer, Deku from My Hero Academia. Plus a new trailer showcasing the story and the Create-a-Character.
I'm guessing we'll have the next reveals (mainly JoJo if i have to hazard) with January's edition of Famitsu/V-Jump and either those will be the last or we'll have another one in February before launch teasing also the DLC season pass.

5 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

We have our second most predictable newcomer, Deku from My Hero Academia. Plus a new trailer showcasing the story and the Create-a-Character.
I'm guessing we'll have the next reveals (mainly JoJo if i have to hazard) with January's edition of Famitsu/V-Jump and either those will be the last or we'll have another one in February before launch teasing also the DLC season pass.

You're right. I was actually going to type yesterday that Asta getting in confirmed Midoriya. There's no way Black Clover was getting representation over My Hero. Both are popular but... come on.

Also, that villain.

"I will use the *INSERT MCGUFFIN HERE* to *INSERT EVIL THING HERE* the world.

Now we got that trailer of Asta and Deku!!! 

Small Hero manga spoiler because of video

They even put in Deku's "Manchester Smash" attack!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...