Awoo.

Jump Force (February 2019)| Goku in America

DiamondX

6 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

And the One Piece rosters so far makes much more sense than in the previous game.

Do tell.

Like @Dr. Detective Mike said, it was weird. Other than Rufy there were Ace, Akainu and Boa Hankok, and while the latter was there mostly because of her popularity in Japan (remember, J-Stars was made originally for japanese audiences only, hence why also the inclusions of literal whos like Luckyman), overall the theme was the story arc between the Mugiwara crew separation and the Marineford war right before the time skip. And while it may have had sense if done in tandem with the manga/anime fore the sake of promotion, that story arc was waaay done by the time J-Stars was developed, so i have no idea why they chose those characters rather than other Mugiwara pirates like they're doing now.

Sabo's up in this bitch now too? Awesome. That means one more One Piece rep than the last game. I think 5 is enough. I wouldn't be opposed to more of course.

Sabo being in the game makes me feel alive. 

I do think we may be looking at a character creator of some sort. 

• 4 weeks later...

(Man I should update this page)

The cover for this mometh's V-Jump issue leaked and it's about Jump Force:

DnFDobGX0AA4388?format=jpg

SSB Goku, either as his own character, costume or awakening will be playable.

The release date was also mentioned and it's February 2019.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/jump-force-yugi-screenshots

New screenshots for Yugi. The only monster cards he uses are Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl and Slyfer the Executive Producer; spells and traps are yet to be seen but the devs told he's using also those.
I really wonder how Bamco managed to deal with Konami about this, since the Duel Monster card game is almost purely their copyright.

Also, SSB Goku is a transformation, not a separate character: https://gematsu.com/2018/09/jump-force-adds-super-saiyan-blue-goku-transformation

EDIT: Killua and Kurapika from Hunter x Hunter also confirmed: https://gematsu.com/2018/09/jump-force-adds-killua-and-kurapika-from-hunter-x-hunter
Dndbs2oWsAYe5or.jpg

This means right now we have 3 Dragon Ball characters, 2 Naruto characters, 5 One Piece characters, 3 Bleach characters, 4 Hunter x Hunter characters, 2 Death Note characters and one Yu-Gi-Oh character (really wonder if they're gonna just stop at Yugi or will put in also Kaiba and Marik to complete the 3 egyptian god card owners).
It seems they're aiming to just have more robust representation from franchises rather than single reps from all the SJ history, but i think the roster is still gonna be solid enough by the release day. I mean, it's safe to say we're gonna get at least 2 more DB characters and one more Naruto character judging franchise distribution and popularity (no way Dragon Ball is gonna stick to the basics especially with Super; i'm expecting at least Piccolo and Beerus), and there are franchise we just know are gonna get reps from stories like Fist of the North Star, JoJo, My Hero Academia and Black Clover. The question will linger on the minor IPs that have ended and/or may not be popular anymore like say, Assasination Classroom, Hell Teacher Nūbē or Beelzebub. We'll see.

What i hope is that there will be for DLC characters, since J-Stars sadly did not have that, but considering this title is more aimed towards western audiences i'm more optimistic on the matter.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/jump-force-adds-yusuke-urameshi-and-younger-toguro-from-yu-yu-hakusho

And we're getting even more characters, this time Yusuke and Younger Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho. Hopefully the rest of Team Urameshi will follow suit.
Plus, 4 original characters meant for the story mode and designed by Akira Toriyama.

EDIT: Collector's edition revealed wich has the typical bonus stuff like diorama action figure, posters and such. Season pass confirms 9 DLC characters planned for now.

I'm most probably going digital but the statue is great.

Now I definetly have to update the topic with all this new stuff.

Possible. Characters have been dropped like candies in these months, so i'm expecting more news not too far from now, especially with the release date being on February.

Kurapika! F*kin finally!

Have they stated if all the characters will be playable ir are there going to be some "assist-only" like J-Stars?

No assist have been shown so far, wich leads to believe characters are either playable or NPC, no middle ground.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd honestly be more excited if the presentation didn't look like absolute trash, just like J Stars before it.

No, seriously, it does. It's basically "stock UE4 'realistic' visuals and effects with anime characters dropped in". It doesn't mesh with any of the material present at all. My first reaction to this game's reveal is basically the same as MvC Infinite, aka "I'd be in love right now if the devs hadn't completely dropped the ball on the presentation". At least the models here are competently handled, which is frustrating because all you need at that point is to replace the textures and shaders with cel-shaded stuff and you're gold. And maybe not go overboard with the particle effects.

I sincerely don't get these games that use anime-style characters but insist on realistic rendering styles or bizarre hybrids (the DB Xenoverse games have this weird pseudo-cel shading that just looks friggn' ugly, which is why I use cel-shading mods for the PC versions that look a billion times better).

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, JoJo will have representation in the game. Hopefully it's different JoJo's such as Jotaro, Josuke, or Giorno this time around.

Also, Namco hit me up with a beta code but I'm guessing the beta isn't starting yet? Tried following the times that was listed on the website and no luck so far getting in to play.