Awoo.

Battletoads (2019, XB1)- Croaked and alive again

Forte-Metallix

After 24 years of just re-releases, cameos, and memes, the (second-)best team of green animal warriors is hopping out of retirement!

No gameplay yet, but confirmed features include 3-player co-op, hand-drawn graphics, the classic body-morphing mechanic, and "genre mashups", which the Toads are no strangers to. Next year, these three nerds-turned amphibian behemoths will be smashing, crashing, and bashing in an all-new adventure exclusive to XBox One! 

(Now if Rare could just bring back Conker and Banjo, I'd be all set)

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to know who's developing this before getting my hopes up.

But hell yes Battletoads. 

Those cameos won't kill Rash anymore.

11 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

I want to know who's developing this before getting my hopes up.

But hell yes Battletoads. 

Those cameos won't kill Rash anymore.

Well the Rare logo pops up at the end of the trailer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell to the yes. I needed these dudes back in my life, and that trailer music alone gives me a lot of hope.

But how are you supposed to play this? You can't even buy a Kinect anymore.

• Promotion 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

This is absolutely huge news.  I've been waiting for a new Battletoads game for years.  This really surprises me, since I thought Battletoads was done and over with.

I hope it's not just gonna be Battletoads Mania, where all the levels are gonna be ripped from the first/second/Battlemaniacs game.

But, my fears aside, heck yeah, Battletoads is back! 

13 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

(Now if Rare could just bring back Conker and Banjo, I'd be all set)

Eh, Rare kinda showed no interest in bringing Banjo back (In fact, it was openly stated in Nuts And Bolts' ending), especially after a spiritual successor of it bombed on the market.

As for Conker... Well, I think that Microsoft was actually working on a Conker game for their AR thing, but, it seems like that game died along with it.

• Fist Bump 1

Well, nostalgia is still a king. I refuse to be excited though, cause this trailer is male cattle's excrement. They showed basically nothing.

Also, one  thing caught my eye. "3 people co-up". Not 4, 3. Cause there are tree battletoads.

That got me thinking, is there any reason why most games have exactly 4 people? I'm just wondering who's crazy person here, developers who refuse to make new characters due to nostalgia rules or something, or rest of the world that blindly copy-pastes 4 -people co-up for no good?