Awoo.

DOOM Eternal - Mar 20, 2020

Polkadi~☆

The sword at the end? It's not the Crucible. The handle's all different.

Not only that, but I think they're making subtle nods toward fanwork. The name: Eternal Doom. The BFG 10K made me think of Skulltag's BFG 10K, but Quake 2 had one first but I rarely play Quake 2, so you can forgive me for that.

Also, I hope they make the dash system so you can just bind it to a separate key instead of making you double tap WASD. That's the kind of shit that gets me killed in any other game that does it like that.

Yeah, I'd see double tapping WASD to be a pain in the ass if you're using something other than a mechanical keyboard. 

I have to kinda walk back what I said on the level design, because the first bit of gameplay they were showing did look like there was that more classic maze-like level design.

It's just... Damnit, after playing Archane Dimensions, I just really want a veritable fucking labyrinth like the Forgotten Sepulchre again.

• Fist Bump 1

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/10/17675338/doom-eternal-campaign-dlc-quakecon-2018

Bumping this, because I think it deserves a mention, but Doom Eternal is apparently going to have single player DLC.

I personally have no issue with this. Id has proven to at least me at this point to have enough artistic integrity that I have no issue with paying for more content as long as the base experience is solid enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

Happy anniversary, slayers. Here's for another 25 years of reaping, tearing and dooting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 3 months later...

Been a while, hasn't it? I'm sure you know about Google's new game streaming platform called Stadia by now. Well, DOOM Eternal is planned to be on there, and we have some gameplay of it in action with a few new elements:

• Thumbs Up 2

The movement of this game looks really really fun! And we now get to see the Extra Life in action.

Looking at the level itself, it looks like part of the process of when Hell takes another dimension into their world, seeing bits of the UAC Mars facility all split into pieces.

Oh, a Prowler was spotted as a new enemy in the game (second demon killed in the video)! You may know the Prowler as one of the playable demons from DOOM (2016)'s multiplayer mode. Not very strong, but can zip around and lunge into you to attack. Should make for a fun new enemy!

Oh, and other new enemies, but they're completely brand new to this game. They look almost Strogg-like...

I can't stress how exited I am for DOOM Eternal. Glad to see it's being discussed on here. I'm pretty much expecting it to be a re-imagining of DOOM II: Hell On Earth with DOOM  2016's engine , which is no bad thing. After DOOM 3 I was glad to see them go back to their roots. 

As for DOOM Eternal coming to Google Stadia I'm not fussed. Stadia will rely a ton on having an audience that has a good enough ISP with no data cap and a connection speed that is capable of literally streaming 4K Res at 60fps into your home. Not everybody has it/can get it/ and or afford it. I'm not sure we are ready and equipped for it on a mass global scale.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, SonicWind said:

Been a while, hasn't it? I'm sure you know about Google's new game streaming platform called Stadia by now. Well, DOOM Eternal is planned to be on there, and we have some gameplay of it in action with a few new elements:

Because what I really want when I'm playing a fast paced first person shooter is latency from streaming it from a machine that's untold miles away using American internet.

Also, using a controller. 🙄

• 1 month later...

The DOOM official social media outlets posted some fine looking concept art of 'Dooms Gate'

D6yyfSMXoAEWcZV.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Jeez. The Doom Slayer's gonna have some trouble ripping the heart out of that thing.

Not that it'll stop him, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

We actually got to see a bit of that Gore Nest in the Quakecon reveal.

Seems like the objective would be to destroy that, then. And I'm fully prepared to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s gonna be awesome!! Might have a play through of DOOM II before this comes out. 

So, during E3, a mural for a game is painted on the Hotel Figueroa, which is directly adjacent to the convention center. Guess what game is front and center this year?

Oh yes!!!!!! November 22nd can’t come quick enough! 

The collectors edition looks bad -ass.

Here’s the trailer for the new online mode.

And here’s the full segment from the show for those who are interested.

The Collectors edition is £199.99 in the UK and it’s currently up for pre-order. Exclusively ( surprise surprise) at GAME.

The game looks pretty great. Still not too sold on the whole "multiplayer" aspect, but otherwise... It's more Doom 2016. The only criticism that I could really give Doom 2016 was that it just needed more Doom 2016, and my god... Did they absolutely deliver on it.

I was weirdly engrossed with the last one's story, so seeing Hayden hung up and maybe Heaven's(?) appearance makes me more than a bit curious.  

Oh, and the gameplay looks pretty slick too :P

This definetly looks what Arkham City was compared to Arkham Asylum, an expansion that multiplies the things to do and the fun to have while staying true to the bone structure of the game.
On another note, November is incredibly crowded with this, Death Stranding, Pokémon gen VIII, Shenmue III, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and the remake of XIII.

• 2 weeks later...

Another interview from E3 week with Martin and Hugo. 

They talk a little bit more about the Heaven aspect of the game here. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Some genius thought it'd be funny to Remake the DOOM:Eternal trailer using DOOM II assets....... and its brilliant.

• 3 months later...

...Yeeeeaaaah, you see that date in the topic title? That's an artifact now. DOOM Eternal has, sadly, been delayed.

While I'm upset at this, I also have faith in id that they know what they're doing.
  • Thumbs Up 1