Awoo.

The Elder Scrolls VI

KHCast

After all the dick teasing, it finally got revealed. Not much atm is known aside there being mountains and sky. Looking forward to seeing more of this. Also wonder if they’ll tie the phone game into this somehow 

38DD2EB3-94B3-44AC-A1E0-5C3AFBE03473.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I can't wait to have 20 years of remasters, remakes and ports of VI.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

It's about fucking time that they announced this. We have been waiting for what seemed to be an age. I get that ES V Skyrim is still popular and ESO is still getting a mass influx of players. Though a new game will liven up the game series for sure. Not sure how much more of a step up from Skyrim it will be, but hopefully we get something good out of this. Hell, I would be happy if they used a improved Skyrim engine to build the new game, minus the dragon soul mechanic.

Well keep in mind that Skyrim was a ambitious title that broke a lot of the mechanical trends and conventions of the previous games before it. However in it's ambition, there were a few blunders. Namely that the PS3 couldn't handle the full extent of the game and some aspects of the game had to be brought to us as DLCs. In removing content, and locking it off as DLC add-ons to be applied later. This caused a lot of bugs and issues with the game. Some funny. Some agitating as all hell. Skyrim's game launch was abysmal due to that.

However Elder Scrolls VI shouldn't have any of those issues, considering that it's coming out on the much more powerful PS4. I'm not saying that bugs will not happen, but it shouldn't be the glitchfest mess Skyrim was.

3 minutes ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

Well keep in mind that Skyrim was a ambitious title that broke a lot of the mechanical trends and conventions of the previous games before it. However in it's ambition, there were a few blunders. Namely that the PS3 couldn't handle the full extent of the game and some aspects of the game had to be brought to us as DLCs. In removing content, and locking it off as DLC add-ons to be applied later. This caused a lot of bugs and issues with the game. Some funny. Some agitating as all hell. Skyrim's game launch was abysmal due to tha

Bugs that should have been fixed when they resold the game multiple times. Also considering Bethesda games are typically broken messes, my complaint still holds I believe

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Bugs that should have been fixed when they resold the game multiple times. Also considering Bethesda games are typically broken messes, my complaint still holds I believe

I don't know. A good amount of bugs seemed like they were touched up or at least dealt with in re-releases in some capacity. But I really did not see them as much of a problem, or I have not found as many bugs. Maybe I am not looking hard enough for them. And I generally do not want to waste time bug searching. But I will not discount that your complaint still holds water. It does seem that they did still keep it glitchy mess in some regard.

Though I still think Elder Scrolls VI will be not as bad. I really really hope it'll be better.

80 years from now. Todd Howard lays on his deathbed, satisfied with his life, having successfully ported Skyrim to every console ever released. he looked out and smiled, for soon he would port Skyrim to life itself. His son, Robb Howard sits next to him, holding a copy of Elder Scrolls VI, he simply states, "I will finish what you have started." 

Joking aside, it's great to see a new game entry after what feels like an eternity. 

I honestly don't get the point of this announcement. Obviously, it was going to be made, everyone knew that but it's coming out after Starfield which is already not coming until the next-gen consoles, so Starfield is already 2020 the earliest. So, we're, what, 4-6 years away from this? If they'd revealed the game's subtitle, I'd feel like we'd have something of substance.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

I honestly don't get the point of this announcement. Obviously, it was going to be made, everyone knew that but it's coming out after Starfield which is already not coming until the next-gen consoles, so Starfield is already 2020 the earliest. So, we're, what, 4-6 years away from this? If they'd revealed the game's subtitle, I'd feel like we'd have something of substance.

They had to wash out our bad taste after Elder Scrolls mobile with a reassurance of a actual ES game I guess was their idea

34 minutes ago, KHCast said:

They had to wash out our bad taste after Elder Scrolls mobile with a reassurance of a actual ES game I guess was their idea

Sadly, outside of ES VI, ES Blades was the most appealing game to me shown so far at E3. I feel like my tastes have changed so much.

10 hours ago, KHCast said:

After all the dick teasing, it finally got revealed. Not much atm is known aside there being mountains and sky. Looking forward to seeing more of this. Also wonder if they’ll tie the phone game into this somehow 

38DD2EB3-94B3-44AC-A1E0-5C3AFBE03473.jpeg

Nice, new TES has mountains and sky. Still haven't played Skyrim and don't know why since I clocked many many hours in Oblivion and got Skyrim as gift, twice! 

Could it be Hammerfell ir High Rock? I was hoping for Black Marsh or Akavir...but that doesn't look like none

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Could it be Hammerfell ir High Rock? I was hoping for Black Marsh or Akavir...but that doesn't look like none

I really am not sure what location they will do or what location that is in the teaser. Though haven't both Hammerfell and High Rock been done already in previous games? Or am I remembering it wrong?

FINALLY, an upcoming game I can genuinely get excited about! I've loved the Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind and have played it, Oblivion, and Skyrim to death. A new main-series Elder Scrolls game is just what I need~

I HOPE and PRAY it's not an online-only game, or that multiplayer is required to beat the game - I just want a nice, deep, looooong single-player roleplaying game like the previous Elder Scrolls games.

• Thumbs Up 1