Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - E3 Trailer

simtek34

12 minutes ago, Razule said:

Huh, actually between Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp this kinda does look like a portal of some sort.

Screenshot_20180611-143815.thumb.jpg.b5d3d1bc6917df05fb1bd7bb4dde3ae2.jpg

Could be the infamous unseen gate..🤔🤔

But nah, that's probably just how they're going to explain them going to all the different locations. Green Hill to Lost Hex to Planet Wisp to Chemical Plant still kinda needs some kind of explanation, I guess.

Mobo-Ites are basically Asgardians confirmed. Or, we could just call them Asgardians, as it seems more worthwhile than just Animals ala Oz’s Animals that walk and talk. The superhuman abilities seem more “Asgardians” to me.

Most likely there will be some explanation like Phantom Ruby or teleportation.

Anyway I realized this game is basically Sonic Heroes Colors Generations Racing. Good, there are ideas from various main Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

THAT ANIMATION!

THAT ROOFTOP RUN TRACK!

CRUSH 40 IS BACK! IT'S BEEN SO LONG!

green light ride is awesome, this game is awesome, and i'm hyped.

6 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

Looks like all the tracks will be from generations won't they ?

We've seen literally two, try to be a little less overdramatic.  Even if every Generations stage was featured to allow for some asset re-use, that'd only make up 9 of (I assume) about 20 or so tracks, and Rooftop Run here makes it clear that we can expect at least some Mania-quality remixing of familiar locations.

So, according to Jun Senoue on Twitter, the new Crush 40 song is called “Green Light Ride”

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone else get "Thrill of the Feel" vibes from this song? That's immediately what I thought of when hearing the music in the trailer.

Revvin' Up, In The Lead, gives off that kind of vibe.

My friend made me notice something... Transformed's price was also 40 when it came out, but it had tons of content, over 24 characters and 21 tracks, so why is there so little content (apparently) here??? This is what I'm wondering.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Plasme said:

To be fair, I'd lower the track number estimation. Probably 10-15 is realistic.

10 would be an utterly unacceptable amount of tracks in a modern AAA racing game - consider that Mario Kart games these days have 16-32 tracks as standard - I would say a flat 16, but honestly, MK8's retro selection was so heavily upgraded that the further back you go in terms of the game they're from, the more you can say "they may as well be new tracks". For my 20 number, I was simply going by how many tracks ASRT had.  The vast majority of those tracks were locations never created in 3D before to modern-quality graphics, so I feel we should expect the same effort put into TSR.

To be honest, if they're going to re-use locations from Unleashed, Colours, Generations, Lost World, Forces or any of the previous ASR games, where asset creation should be significantly sped-up compared to recreating locations from the classic and dreamcast era, 15 would be the absolute bare minimum I'd be satisfied with.

I really, REALLY want to see at least a few classic locations we've never seen in 3D before here.  There is really no excuse this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Transformed had copy and past characters like MeeMee, Reala, Puding....
I think 15 characters (or 5 teams) is a little weak rost, but if each one have unic identidy that difer from each other, it can worth.

12 minutes ago, JezMM said:

10 would be an utterly unacceptable amount of tracks in a modern AAA racing game - consider that Mario Kart games these days have 16-32 tracks as standard - I would say a flat 16, but honestly, MK8's retro selection was so heavily upgraded that the further back you go in terms of the game they're from, the more you can say "they may as well be new tracks". For my 20 number, I was simply going by how many tracks ASRT had.  The vast majority of those tracks were locations never created in 3D before to modern-quality graphics, so I feel we should expect the same effort put into TSR.

To be honest, if they're going to re-use locations from Unleashed, Colours, Generations, Lost World, Forces or any of the previous ASR games, where asset creation should be significantly sped-up compared to recreating locations from the classic and dreamcast era, 15 would be the absolute bare minimum I'd be satisfied with.

I really, REALLY want to see at least a few classic locations we've never seen in 3D before here.  There is really no excuse this time.

I agree! 10-15 tracks would be awful, but then I think 15 characters is also pretty shoddy. The original Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing launched with 20 characters (not including guests and DLC). I just think we should lower our expectations because I don't want people to get excited and then get colossally let down. 

And I'm going to go out an a whim here and estimate that the majority of stages will be from Gens and Forces. 

14 minutes ago, HedgehogBR said:

Transformed had copy and past characters like MeeMee, Reala, Puding....
I think 15 characters (or 5 teams) is a little weak rost, but if each one have unic identidy that difer from each other, it can worth.

That's a pretty good point actually; Transformed had the option of padding out the character roster with clones due to its approach, TSR can not. 

The same doesn't hold for the track number, but we don't know how many tracks TSR has.

I really liked Samba de Amigo, Sky of Arcadia, After Burn, Monkey Ball and some others tracks, but in my opinion, Sonic themed were the best.
Sonic franchise has a rich and diverse environment, I have no doubt that Sumo will use it wisely to make a superb game.

Tracks that Im looking for:

*Star Light
*Lava Reef
*Marble Zone
*A track that use all special stages assets.
*Metal Harbor
*Apotos 
*Windy Valley
*Ice Cap
*Emerald Hill

• Thumbs Up 1

i'd assume no more than 16 tracks. Enough for 4 cups. 20 is definitely more than what I'd expect.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 would be the best honestly, for tracks. It has to have a bit more of content, but also in the roster, 15 is just ridiculous since we have 12 players in a match. There is no excuse for not having more, Transformed even had the transforming vehicles, so they had to create 3 versions of each vehicle, and they still had more characters, clones or not.

10 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

i'd assume no more than 16 tracks. Enough for 4 cups. 20 is definitely more than what I'd expect.

However, a cup of old courses seems likely as an add on thanks to Mario Kart. Not to mention perhaps stuff for a battle mode.

Unless they re-work Sky Sanctuary or Starlight Carnival from SASRT, I rather not have a cup of old tracks. Especially because if they go the lazy route and just pick the Sonic-themed ones from S&SASR, it would be pretty boring, they were the blandest among the other IPs :V Also FFS stop shoving Sonic Heroes' stuff. Then again, I doubt there will be any sort of "old/returning tracks cup" because they made it clear this isn't a sequel to those games. 🤔

BUT. A cup with the "best of Sonic racing games" could be cool. 1 track from Drift, 1 from R and 2 from Riders.

39 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

However, a cup of old courses seems likely as an add on thanks to Mario Kart. Not to mention perhaps stuff for a battle mode.

I doubt that for the exact reasons Jango suggested.