Awoo.

What’s your favorite 2018 E3 game?

SgtBloxx

I have a few actually.

RE2 Remake, TES 6, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so far.

For sure Kingdom Hearts III. There was so much fucking amazing news to get from the trailers, and my most wanted world returned and looks fucking anazing. Just looking at the gameplay, and visuals alone just make me savor with excitement. This definitely is shaping up to be my favorite KH game.

This E3 was disappointing bar some exceptions honestly. 

Personal favourites are

DMC5 - Nero and revving Red Queen in fur kay technology? Papa Dante with Beard? ALI EDWARDS YES I am a happy Wisp with this. This pulls my Devil Trigger. 

RE2 - I always liked 3: Nemesis more but this game looks hot. It looks scary as fuck. And Claire ♥.

Halo Infinite - OLD SCHOOL SPARTAN ARMOUR AAAAAAAAAAA   

Doom Eternal - It'll be Hell on Earth in my heart but the teaser albeit just an announcement teaser it still was sick. Mick Gordon boi. Ripping and tearing.

Wolfenstein Youngblood - Something I would have never imagined in a thousand years. BJ and Anya's daughters! Twin female protagonists in a FPS! Samus is the only FPS female protagonist I can think of and Metroid Prime weren't what I would consider as shooter games exactly. They always felt more like action-adventure. Other than that I simply can't think of any female protagonist in a first person shooter. Maybe Morgan Yu from Prey's reboot? But that's not a shooter either. I'm so excited for this. I hope they're badass. 

And more For Honor content, yes, For Honor is awesome. Rocky start but it's such a fun game. And we're getting Ancient Chinese warriors, what's not to like.

But there's something that is extremely pissing me off. 

W H E R E S M O R T A L K O M B A T 1 1 B O I 

• Thumbs Up 1

Tough one, but probably Smash Ultimate now because that's some serious love that you can tell is going into the game. 

Other games worth mentioning would be My Hero Academia: One's Justice, Jump Force, and Team Sonic Racing.

I'm torn between two but since one is Smash and that was always going to get me hyped, I'll give my nod to Ghost of Tsushima:

Seund1P.jpg

2DqIZlO.jpg

HNn3RWa.jpg

The presentation did a great job of showcasing some of the gameplay, character interactions and fantastic art direction without dragging on. It said a lot in a short space of time and looks to combine a lot of my favourite elements from different action RPGs, all the while taking place in an absolutely breathtaking location.

• Thumbs Up 6

Kingdom Hearts 3 won it easily for me. It feels surreal to me to be apart of the hype for this game. I never got the chance to join in on the hype of the other ones except Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. My first exposure to the series was a demo disc that had a video of the original E3 KH Trailer and then someone gave it to me at some point after release, although I couldn't get past Wonderland. With that, apart from the one or two times I tried to progress through Traverse Town which terrified me at the time with the dark alleys and heartless inside of them, I remained away from Kingdom Hearts. 

I then randomly decided one time when I was a little older, around 2007 that I wanted Kingdom Hearts 2. I ended up finishing that before 1. Then I got 358/2 Days pre-owned. By that stage, I was fully in love with the series and pre-ordered Birth By Sleep, although I wasn't in the "hype" per say. Dream Drop I was most certainly in the hype for. I followed news of it constantly, I checked over and over again for that original reveal trailer when it was shown behind doors. It became the reason I wanted a 3DS more than anything. 

But 3 is a whole new level. The first time I've actually followed the hype of the series. The first time I've gotten engrossed in it and desperate for any single tiny scrap of info we can get. The trailers revealed this E3 I absolutely fucking adored and sent my hype into total overload. I want that game now. 

Spider-Man is definitely a close second though. The gameplay, the comic focus, the graphics, it all looks like it could be possibly the best Spidey game ever and something that gives Batman Arkham a serious run for it's money.

• Thumbs Up 1

DOOM Eternal, baby! They're going back to DOOM's roots, even more than the 2016 reboot did. It's like a HD DOOM II: Hell on Earth, and I can't wait for Quakecon to see more.

Halo Infinite looks pretty good, a step in the right direction for the series after whatever the hell Halo 5 was. It's also Halo 6, but with the numbering officially dropped. Plus, it's on PC this time!

Not interested in much else besides the obligatory Super Smash Bros Ultimate (which looks awesome btw), and I still have not checked out the Sony conference.

For me I will have to list them and give a reason from a personal standpoint.

DOOM Eternal: I am looking forward to this more than Halo as it thankfully keeps things simple and fun all while going through Hell slaying demons galore.

Forza Horizon 4: Playground Games did a really nice job on the previous installment in the Horizon sub-series that was available on PC and they just set the bar even higher while echoing what Need For Speed used to be capable of from a fun standpoint (ie NFS III Hot Pursuit, NFS IV High Stakes)

Cyberpunk 2077: CD Projekt Red showing what can be done for a story driven RPG that can allow character creation without angering their fans (looking at you Bioware EA) in the cyberpunk genre that I still need to explore.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: What madness have you unleashed upon us Sakurai when you BROUGHT BACK EVERY SINGLE STAGE AND CHARACTER!? December can't come soon enough to have Snake fight Palutena.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - All I wanted was a glimpse at FE Switch this E3 and I finally got it. I'm so glad we finally got to see it!

Smash Ultimate - So glad to see the entire FE cast back and no cuts!

DMC 5 - The most surprising announcement for me. I'm glad the REAL DMC is back, no more dumb edgy reboots with poor taste!

As you guys should probably know by now by statuses or heck if you follow my Twitter that my personal favorite game shown at E3 was METAL WOLF CHAOS and yes it needs to be typed that way every single instance.

This is a game I've honestly always wanted to play for the longest time but it never left Japan and I had no way of playing it without either paying a pretty penny for it and a new XBox or emulation which I don't think exists for X-Box, or at least to my knowledge at the time. Its been more than 2 decades since legends were made about it and now I finally get to experience this one game that eluded me for so long. I'm ready for my over the top robot president action!

"You guys are roast chicken!"

• Nice Smile 2

The game I'm most excited for is Devil May Cry 5, but it's also the one I'm most worried about.

I've been replaying DMC4 since the other night. I've never been a huge fan of this game honestly. It has fantastic combat mechanics - the best in the series. But I hate pretty much everything else, particularly the game's flow and enemy variety. Bosses aren't fun since with Nero it's just about hitting them enough times before using Devil Bringer to cheese off a big chunk of their health. The leak from last year also did little to interest me, especially the part that mentions Vergil returning (I really want the series to move on from this plot thread already) and three playable characters that you'll play at different parts in the story. I'd rather the game just had three separate campaigns, with 20 missions each just like what DMC3:SE did.

I'm worried about how much content this game will have, and whether they'll handle the character switching like 4 (Dante has only seven missions in the game, and they're all backtracking through Nero's levels). It can be the best DMC or the worst one (aside from 2..). I guess you can say I'm cautiously excited for it

Aside from that the game I most want to play is Metal Wolf Chaos because I've been waiting over 12 years to play that shit

Smash, I guess. Frankly, there wasn't a whole lot there for me to get excited about.

That Ninjala game for Switch looks pretty neat, though. Gives me an "Ape Escape meets Splatoon" sort of vibe.

E3 felt like a big blur and I don't even remember everything, but some standouts for me were Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Jump Force shown off at the Xbox conference. My sister and I played a good chunk of the original Ori, and we liked it a lot and were hoping to see Will of the Wisps sooner when it was announced last year. Gotta wait a little longer, I guess. Jump Force looks cool, as far as what I'm assuming is going to be another DBZ Sparking/Tenkaichi type game (it's Spike Chunsoft so that's automatically a point of reference for me).

Outside of that, I'd probably say Daemon X Machina, shown off at the very start of Nintendo's E3 Direct looks interesting. Very cool cel-shaded graphics and interesting looking mecha action, can't wait to see more. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country, I've already gotten hundreds of hours of play out of Xenoblade 2 and I still go back to it regularly, I love it. I'm itching to see what this prequel has to offer and the little updates and changes to the gameplay got me really excited--it's like a whole new game!

Not a new game, per se, but I was excited to see Dragon Ball FighterZ announced for Switch. It seemed like a matter of time, but it's nice to see it coming formally and from all the footage I've managed to see so far, it looks great on Switch. I'm not even a fighting game guy, but I love Dragon Ball and I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with this one.

And going off of that, Smash Ultimate. I have a weird relationship with the Smash series nowadays; I tend to be more interested in all the hype, announcements, speculation, and other fun stuff associated with the games, but I don't particularly enjoy playing the games very much, weirdly enough. I got burned out after Smash 4--I liked it, but I kind of stopped caring because the game felt so bare bones and I didn't feel like I had much incentive or drive to really get better at it after a while. Even with the cool announcements in the final wave of DLC, I just didn't care enough to get them, even characters I really wanted like Bayonetta. The presentation did pique my interest again, particularly because everyone's back, so it's something I'm going to keep tabs on (in particular I'm hoping for a better single player experience). I'm hoping Ultimate lives up to its name and delivers a great blowout for the series on Switch and its content makes me feel more motivated to play it.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's kind of hard to say because I don't have a Switch, and Xbox One or a PS4. I look on with interest but I've simply never been able to afford either of them.

But that being said, a few things caught my interest:

• The Elder Scrolls VI: Holy shit, finally. After years of Skyrim ports, we finally hear of something new from this franchise. It's not much, but it's something. Which is so much better than the whole lot of nothing we've been hearing about for the past few years.
  • Doom: Eternal: Yes, oh GOD yes. I love the Doom franchise so much, Doom 2016 being easily one of the best shooters I've ever played, so a bigger, better version of that? Sign me up, especially if the PC port is good.
  • Spider-Man: It's no secret to those that know me personally that Spider-Man is my absolute favorite super-hero, but the last Spider-Man game I had a chance to play was Ultimate Spider-Man. Unless you count Spider-Man 3, which I don't like to. Seeing what's basically a take on Spider-Man that turns it into something like the Arkham series? Yes, that's perfect and I love it.
  • The Last of Us 2: Holy gosh, this game looks absolutely breathtaking. The facial animations in particular are really good looking, and the stealth looks as exciting as it ever was in the first.
  • Death Stranding: I know it's a tired thing to say, but I don't know what the hell this is but I'm loving it.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Do I even have to say anything? It's like, the Sonic Mania of Smash Bros. It's an amalgamation of everything everyone has ever loved about the series all put into one tightly wrapped package...and there's still more to be revealed! Smash Invitational hasn't happened yet, but I'm seriously hoping for Klonoa to make it in, or Shovel Knight so us indies can get some representation.   

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Only current system I own is a Switch so I can't really be exited about anything else.

Definitely KH3. While Smash was good on itself, it's not something I play religiously or am a fanboy of. Also there was too much of Smash exposure throughout the whole E3 on Treehouse, it became a bit tiring Fire Emblem could've been the favourite, but I need to see more of the actual game to make a proper opinion on that. And the Spring 2019 release window did burn me a little bit, cuz I expected it be released at the end of 2018 if it's at E3 (though I'm fine with the delay as long as the game is great, and I think it's shaping up to be that) The rest was okay, with some pleasant surprises like RE2 remake and DMCV (though I only played and finished DmC which is still a good game don't @ me) , but for me none of the conferences won E3 because Kingdom Hearts 3 won E3. 2 and a half different trailers throughout 3 conferences showcasing new worlds, some story cutscenes, the endings of which made me go "WHAT?!" even if I knew these points were foreshadowed in either previous titles or one of the previous trailers. They messed me up a bit and that's rare.

Gonna give some props to what I think is the best trailer at E3. 

A Tetris game with rhythm game elements and mind melting visuals designed to put you in a trance ? Didn't know I wanted this until I saw it. The trailer is just amazingly cut too. This is one of those games where I don't even really want to know more about it. I just want to skip to the part where it's in my hands so I don't get spoiled on it. There's a demo coming soon too so I can't wait to mess with that. 

Another favorite was The Last of Us 2. Despite how clunky the actual live showing was with the venue and the intermission, the actual visuals, animation, and gameplay look like a step up from the original in all the ways I was hoping for. There's so much new stuff going on in the gameplay that they don't really draw attention to, but as a big fan of the original this was a treat. 

There was also Smash which was cool but I'm already sick of talking about it. 

Forza Horizon 4- I can't stress enough how good 3 was so to see 4 following in its footsteps makes this an easy choice for me. Can't wait to crank this up as high as I can when it comes to PC.

Last of Us 2- I don't usually play these sorts of games but the first one was simply so good that I feel I sort of have to here. Plus, it's ND. Can't pass that up.

Ghost of Tsushima- God of War currently holds the title for best looking game on the PS4 but this man... looks poised to be the end all for the system.

Smash Ultimate- It's smash, what more can I say? I even got my boi Dark Pit back! Here's hoping for better single player options though.

Spider-Man- God just give me this game now. If it's even half as good as they made it look this week we're in for a treat.

My Hero Academia: One's Justice- Love the show so seeing it get a form of ninja storm like game is great. It's also coming to the PC so that always get's an instant thumbs up from me.

DMC5- I've never even played a DMC game but this one just looks crazy fun.

KH3- I have my reservations on a number of things with this one but there's no denying how great it's gameplay and locals look. Here's hoping it all comes together next year.

TSR- I just feel obligated to put this one here. There's a lot I'm liking with it and a lot I'm not. Hopefully it sums out to a good game in the end.

Honorable mention goes to Halo Infinite. Being a long time Halo fan, I'm happy to see them taking their time with the next game. The tech demo they showed looks great but it was only just that; a tech demo. I need to see the actual game in action to fully back it. It's on PC though so yeee

This doesn't even cover all the games I'm simply keeping my eye on either. There were a lot of great things shown this year. My Hero Academia: One JusticeHonestly, these next 12 months are going to be great for gaming.

Great E3.