Awoo.

Super Mario Party (Switch, Oct. 5, 2018)- "No more cars. We're going back to what works."

Forte-Metallix

New board was leaked from the German version of last week's Direct:

Gold city with Chain Chomps serving as ? Space hazards and a golden Kamek statue top and center? Guess he made a kings' ransom after years of baby-kidnapping.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/319694-super-mario-party-s-germany-website-says-the-game-includes-4-game

Four boards.

Four. 

Boards.

TOTAL.

That's even less than Mario Party 10. 

Are you freaking kidding me?

smp4thboard2-600x338.png

That's it. That's literally all there is.

I've been on board with this game from day 1. I could look past things like no Pro-Controller support or docked mode. I knew online wouldn't work with a board game this long. I was excited to play as a flipping Goomba, for crying out loud! 

But this? This is where I draw the line. This is dropping the ball at the 1-yard line. Unless this game gets stellar reviews, I don't think I'll be picking this up at retail price.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:53 AM, Forte-Metallix said:

Four boards.

Four. 

Boards.

TOTAL.

Well, that's 2 less than usual. Since there are usually 6 boards.

Mario Party 1 has 8

Mario Party 5, 9, and Island Tour have 7

Mario Party DS and 10 have 5

Every other Mario Party has 6

On 10/3/2018 at 1:53 AM, Forte-Metallix said:

Man, that's really disappointing. Hopefully Nintendo releases more boards through updates down the line. But even if they do, putting so few in the base game to begin with was a dumb move. 

9 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Well, that's 2 less than usual. Since there are usually 6 boards.

Mario Party 1 has 8

Mario Party 5, 9, and Island Tour have 7

Mario Party DS and 10 have 5

Every other Mario Party has 6

True but it helps to remember that most of those games released ages ago whereas this one is a new game for a new generation, I don't think it's expecting too much for the game to have more than 4 boards (if anything it's kind of sad considering how much more tech we have at our disposal now).