Awoo.

Sonictrainer

DzUZ6SkVAAE6IZK.jpg&key=c62363d116ae1f0c

A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Do you have what it takes to survive and conquer in this brand-new Fire Emblem game? Fire Emblem Three Houses is available Spring 2019!

• Fist Bump 1

I'm hyped for this game but oof that delay is gonna be hard to wait for. I wonder what the story is gonna involve this time around. Keen to learn more about these 3 characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

At first I didn't really know what to think. I thought the battle animations were less dynamic than the Echoes', the graphics looked pretty bland and the delay bummed me out a bit.

But after watching several times, I think this is what I wanted Intelligent Systems to actually do - take more notes from Echoes and less from Fates, both in terms of character design, art-design overall and even some of the combat aspects. The main characters look like characters that actually fit the Fire Emblem series and not like someone from some oversexualized and fanservice-y manga. I can see that Combat Arts are back, which is really cool, I liked that system in Echoes so much. I wonder how their acquirement is going to work and if they're also going to use HP. I also noticed that Magic is separate from attack. Does that mean they're going for Echoes/Gaiden type of magic? If so, I like that as well. The weapon durability is back, which I think is good, cuz Fates' weapon system didn't really work too well (even though I liked it) and using Echoes' inventory system would be too restrictive. And the game, while still doesn't look as good as I hoped, still is an improvement over 3DS titles, which is nice.

So yeah, overall I'm pleased with what I've seen, but I want to see more, cuz what they've shown wasn't really enough. For example, how do formations work? Is there support system? What's the premise of the story? is there a custom avatar? I have a lot of questions about the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the look of it. I just hope the overall gameplay and story is better than Valentia. Not that I hate Valentia, I love that game, but it does have some major flaws and a huge lack of replayability.

I don't think this will have that problem, though. Looks so good. I love the character designs, voice acting, and I also love that zoom in mechanic that shows forces fighting alongside your playable characters. I assume that's what "Formation" is. Its likely that the formation will play a major role in how you handle things.

I'm not certain, but it looks like Edelgard is the main protagonist and Byleth is the supporting silent hero, likely an avatar. If this is the case, I'm actually excited about the avatar. I did not like how Corrin dominated the storyline. If the story is more about the Three Houses, while Byleth is basically "Mark" from Blazing Sword (which is what it kinda looks like so far, except Byleth is playable this time), I'm definitely optimistic about it.

I feel like the delay is so it can hit a worldwide release. This is probably filling into the Kirby slot for next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

DzUZ6SkVAAE6IZK.jpg

The Black Eagles. The Blue Lions. The Golden Deer. Three noble houses that are part of the Officer’s Academy, an elite facility that trains students in the ways of weapons, magic and special skills. As a professor, the player must choose one of these houses to lead its students in grid-based battles with life-or-death stakes. Each house is comprised of many different students to meet and train, each with her or his own personality and skills. These students can interact with each other at the academy, strengthening their bonds and supporting each other on the battlefield. 

The Fire Emblem: Three Houses standalone game and the Fire Emblem: Three Houses – Seasons of Warfare Edition both launch exclusively for Nintendo Switch on July 26.

DzUZ9AQUYAA3o4W.jpgDzUZ_JWU0AA0Tmr.jpgDzUaB4hUwAA5wTX.jpg

Three territories. Three houses. Your very own journey.

A tale filled with memorable characters and intense battles awaits in the latest entry to the #FireEmblem series. Shape the future of the land of Fódlan in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, available for #NintendoSwitch 7/26.

DzUaVYkVYAAYZNg.jpg

A special edition of #FireEmblem: Three House is also deploying to the battlefield! Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Seasons of Warfare Edition comes complete with an artbook, sound selection CD, steelbook case, and calendar.

Fire Emblem is a franchise which I always want to like, and yet with every new game it seems to stray further from what I find appealing about it.

I'm hyped tbh. I don't get what people are having issues with. This looks way better than Fates IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I've this going around. I'm not sure if this the correct character count for each house, but it does show most of the students

BeynhiF.png

• 3 weeks later...

Boxart was revealed today

D1KN4MDUwAAENGy.jpg:large

Check out the #FireEmblem: Three Houses box art featuring House Leaders Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude! Which house will you choose when the game launches for #NintendoSwitch on July 26th?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

War is coming to the great land of Fódlan. Here, order is maintained by the Church of Seiros, which hosts the prestigious Officers Academy within its headquarters. You are invited to teach one of its three mighty houses, each comprised of students brimming with personality and represented by a royal from one of three territories of Fódlan. As their professor, you must lead your students in their academic lives and in turn-based, tactical RPG battles wrought with strategic, new twists to overcome.

As the story unfolds, your choice of house at the Officers Academy will greatly affect where you stand when the continent becomes engulfed in war. After 5 years, former friends from the academy must now face each other on the battlefield as bitter enemies. Which house, and which path, will you choose? 

...not sure if I still want to be a part of the Blue Lions now...

• 1 month later...

Embargos are starting to lift.

We have the Opening Movie, thanks to GameXplain, where things go from 0 to 60 real quick.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, okay. I decided to give in to spoilers on the Black Eagles route, and (spoiler tagged just in case, so don’t click if you haven’t reached this point yet regardless of route)…

Spoiler

Turns out Edelgard is the Flame Emperor. I’m not making this shit up.

• 5 months later...

So not only do we get Byleth in Smash, but we also get a trailer for the 4th Wave of DLC

abyss-cindered-shadows.jpg

Deep in the shadow of Garreg Mach lies Abyss, the underground den of Fódlan’s outcasts and home to the monastery’s secret fourth house, the Ashen Wolves. In this side story, you can freely explore Abyss, battle alongside four students from the Ashen Wolves house, take on new quests, and uncover the secrets that reside beneath the surface. Progress through the story to bring your four new subterranean students to the main story as recruitable units and enjoy the new classes, quests, paralogues, and activities that are also added with this DLC. – Part of Fire Emblem: There Houses Expansion Pass. DLC wave 4 will be available on February 12th 2020 in the US.