Awoo.

sonic ova, sonic x or sonic mania adventures

Meta77

Out of all the Sonic animations, I find Sonic Boom to be the most enjoyable to watch. Sure, the action is kind of generic, but personally I lean more towards something that is character driven, as well as some of the wacky and bizarre scenarios that the show plays.

I couldn't get into Sonic X, much. I mean, the first episode was awesome, then it quickly went downhill from there. Sonic Mania Adventures...eh, just casual fun, but nothing much. Now Sonic OVA, there's something I wish gotten a series. The setting was such a wonder, especially the Ancient Relics, for I want to know more about it, as well as the rest of the world; it had lots of material that could be used for a series. And the action was tight. I thought it was the best interpenetration of Classic Sonic, at the time.

1 hour ago, antyep said:

I couldn't get into Sonic X, much. I mean, the first episode was awesome, then it quickly went downhill from there. Sonic Mania Adventures...eh, just casual fun, but nothing much. Now Sonic OVA, there's something I wish gotten a series. The setting was such a wonder, especially the Ancient Relics, for I want to know more about it, as well as the rest of the world; it had lots of material that could be used for a series. And the action was tight. I thought it was the best interpenetration of Classic Sonic, at the time.

I wish that was explored to. Was station square a thing. Or did humans die out. Or were they simply elsewhere since we see ancient streets and buildings

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I wish that was explored to. Was station square a thing. Or did humans die out. Or were they simply elsewhere since we see ancient streets and buildings

Well there were humans there, somewhat, and this was before Sonic Adventure, so there was no Station Square. It looked more like New York.

As X was the first thing that got me into this franchise, I'll always have the soft spot for that. I do think it's the worst of the three tho, as Season 1 is boring and Season 3, while was pretty cool, also felt more like something a teen fanfic writer would make (Dark Sonic? Really?). Season 2 was the best one, and even then the last few episodes weren't too great because of Chris. At least it introduced me to Adventure series, which is neat.

Animation quality wise SMA wins for me - it's pretty expressive and visually pleasing. That said tho, overall I prefer OVA. It had, in my opinion, the right balance when it comes to pretty much everything - it had goofy moments, like the owl or the first exchange between Sonic and Eggman at the President's house, but it also had really cool moments, like the fight with Metal Sonic, or Mecha-Robotnik (or whatever it's called). The voices were... hit-and-miss, but I still enjoyed that aspect, even if ironically. And overall I like an anime-esque Sonic representation, which is apparently not a very popular opinion here.

• Thumbs Up 1