Awoo.

BetterSADX Help Needed

Zanok the Hedgehog

I have a question regarding the "BetterSADX" mod for Sonic Adventure.

While I have the mod installed and everything's working fine, I've seen others being able to enable the original Dreamcast models despite no such option seeming to exist when messing around in the mod's settings. I have the latest version of the mod and the Steam release of the game, so everything should be good.

Am I missing something?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zanok the Hedgehog

• Little T

• Shaddy Zaphod

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first off, BetterSADX is the wrong installer to use. It's outdated, no longer supported by it's original creator, and full of stuff that doesn't work (not to mention being a modpack that takes stuff without any of the creators' knowledge or permission). This one was made by the DC conversion mod's creator, and comes with everything packaged in. It asks you if you want to enable the older models in the installation and streamlines a lot of the mods and extra options way better than the other.

It really needs wider spread information IMO, BetterSADX is pretty objectively worse and should be retired. More information on the differences here.

2 hours ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Well first off, BetterSADX is the wrong installer to use. It's outdated, no longer supported by it's original creator, and full of stuff that doesn't work (not to mention being a modpack that takes stuff without any of the creators' knowledge or permission). This one was made by the DC conversion mod's creator, and comes with everything packaged in. It asks you if you want to enable the older models in the installation and streamlines a lot of the mods and extra options way better than the other.

It really needs wider spread information IMO, BetterSADX is pretty objectively worse and should be retired. More information on the differences here.

I'd like to thank you for making me aware of this as I'm new to the whole modding thing. 

I've read through the differences, and indeed the one you linked seems like the better one to go with. And while I've been enjoying BetterSADX (with the exception of the descriptions of the missions in Mission Mode being almost unreadable,) I will give this new one a go to see how I feel about it. 

10 hours ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Thanks, I was having the same problem with my install (as well as poor stability with BetterSADX). This is good advice and by far the superior mod installer :)