Awoo.

If You Could Pick One Unused Sonic Content

E-122-Psi

13 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

Obligatory mention of the Windy Valley beta.

Holy heck, that's open ended. I can understand why they streamlined it, though.

6 hours ago, MainJP said:

ISonic The Hedgehog 2:

https://tcrf.net/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_(Genesis)

Hidden Palace, cut late in development. Sonic would have gone here to achieve Super Sonic for the first time.

Hiddenpalaces2.png

Okay, this might sound corny, but what if that would've awakened Knuckles or something?

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Shadow was never in Unleashed, and nor was Knuckles. An interview erroneously cited them as appearing in the game alongside other characters including Amy and Tails at E3 2008, but that's it. Nothing in the game's data remotely suggests that they were ever a part of the game.

Didn't Mr. Flynn mention reading an early script to Unleashed(and/or Colors) and allude to there being more characters at one point?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

With Sonic CD being my all time favorite game it should surprise no one that I would like to explore the cut content for it.

Sure Mirage Saloon Zone hearkens back to Whiteheads Desert Dazzle concept and Titanic Monarch Zone seems to draw inspiration from the Final Fever concept, but I would still like to see how they would have turned out. Then there is also R2 as a concept that I'd like to see get fleshed out with the same love that Whitehead has put into everything else he has worked on for SEGA.

Sonic X-Treme as a whole would be a nice pick, but if it's too wide in scope then just Tiara Boobowski, I've had this weird fascination with her for years now (no not like that). 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Also, Sonic Synergy 

Sonic Synergy was basically the early stages of Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.

Another thing that I would want to see was the scrapped cutscene for Crisis City in Sonic Generations.

6 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Sonic Synergy was basically the early stages of Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.

Another thing that I would want to see was the scrapped cutscene for Crisis City in Sonic Generations.

What cutscene?

Definitely would of liked to see Sonic X-treme make it out of development hell!

It would of added Tiara to the cast and put one more game under Fang's belt.

I very much like the idea of characters that represent others in spirit i.e. Shade with Julie-Su, and Tiara could of been a decent proxy to Sally.

46590717_TiaraSonic.png.56789748468a80d08022d5fba3f6eb1c.png

Madonna

image.png.c30eb750f6319c137d6617b7bb33d0ea.png

Laugh if you want, but I just saved us from Sonic 06.

Ok seriously, though, I would pick either Metal playable in 06 (assuming that rumor was true) or Final Fever from Sonic CD.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

What cutscene?

According to the Sonic Wiki there was to be a cutscene after restoring Crisis City but it was scrapped for unknown reasons. I would've liked to seen that, but I think they scrapped the cutscene to avoid coming up with an explanation for why Crisis City was even there in the state it was in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

The barbed wire Prison concept art from Forces would have been used and not left on the cutting room floor. Probably as an action set-piece for the Resistance breaking in, freeing everyone, and turning that into their base. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boom for sure. When I listen to the cancelled music and see the scrapped concept arts and ideas of the game BRB had, I really think that Sega missed an opportunity here. This game could have been good, if they just didn't made this deal with Nintendo. 

I would pick Honey and add her to the "next Mania". As well as more Classic Amy in various stuff.

Also the Dragon species Avatar has a lot of potential, I love the design, and the Avatar in general could use its own spin-off, it has appeal... but I don't see a place for it in main games honestly.