Awoo.

Steve Ditko has passed away (1927-2018)

Teoskaven

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steve-ditko-dead-spider-man-creator-was-90-1125489

Ditkoselfportrait.png

He was a prominent figure at Marvel Comics back in the day and helped creating with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby a multitude of characters like Spider-Man, Doctor Strange or Squirrel Girl.
In the last couple of decades he had a fallout with Marvel and decided to go solo and stop talking about them, he barely did interviews and all. But i can't imagine him being that happy considering what Marvel is currently undergoing comicwise.
Still, at least he lived a long life. F.

• Thumbs Up 5

An absolute legend, thank you so much for bring me the joys of Squirrel Girl, Mr Didko, may you rest easy knowing your creations brought joy to millions. Thank you.

While I've never been really into the comic scene too much, I am more than well aware of the level of influence that Steve Ditko has had on the industry. It;s always a shame when we lose one of our great creatives, but as long as his works continue to inspire he'll be immortal on a way. Rest in peace Steve Ditko. You will be missed, but may you never be forgotten.

• Thumbs Up 1

merlin_140894862_0189d153-9592-44f7-add7

7e505a3bbe0580dbb610903db160d782.jpg

doctor-strange-steve-ditko.jpg?fit=921,6

Steve Ditko was a legend, responsible for creating one of my all-time favorite characters as well as many iconic visuals and stories that inspire me to this day. He was also something of a mystery figure in recent years, as he was notoriously reclusive and silent. To me, this just made him all the more intriguing; a living legend that avoided the spotlight. I'm sad to see him go.

• Thumbs Up 3

While I don't know much about Steve Ditko, I do know that without his help, Marvel probably wouldn't be like what it is today. Rest in peace, Steve.