Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Encore Mode Pinball Bonus Stage Official Reveal

Sonictrainer

Encore Mode Bonus stages in Sonic Mania Plus feature a brand new pinball element! Here's a quick look at how they play. 

Sonic Mania Plus arrives in-stores and is available online next week, on July 17th!

A unique fusion of Sonic Arcade, Sonic Spinball, & Knuckles Chaotix.

It seems to cost at least 50 Rings to enter it.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

Ehh, pinball's cool and all, but I'm kinda sick of-

>You can win Shields

GIIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE

• Chuckle 1

It's really good to see more Bonus Stages return, Blue Sphere is great and all but part of what made Sonic 3's so great is the sheer variety in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Make a couple more pinball machines and throw some dumb story on it and you could probably sell this for $3 on Steam.  I'd pick it up.

Man, why would they spoil something this fun a surprise so fucking close to launch. Between the 1.04 leak, reviews and streams etc, I'm kinda concerned there's gonna be very little to surprise me the second time around, or certainly much less than there could've been in a game that's mostly recycled content.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JezMM said:

Man, why would they spoil something this fun a surprise so fucking close to launch. Between the 1.04 leak, reviews and streams etc, I'm kinda concerned there's gonna be very little to surprise me the second time around, or certainly much less than there could've been in a game that's mostly recycled content.

I agree although they did spoil the special and bonus stages for the base game before it was released so I'm not really surprised by this. Still would've liked them to have been a surprise though. As for the rest of the leaks none of them should've happened. SEGA need to take better care in managing leaks although I understand that can be difficult sometimes. I guess we can blame Sony/Playstation as opposed to SEGA for the 1.04 leak though?

The community doesn't help much either (elsewhere, not here) but luckily so far it seems people have been good about spoiling things this time around except for one of my colleagues who I caught watching an Encore Mode LP right next to me not even an hour ago lol

At least there's still the art book which was my main draw to Mania Plus anyway ^^ I don't think that has been spoiled yet ^^

On 7/12/2018 at 7:57 PM, Sonictrainer said:

A unique fusion of Sonic Arcade, Sonic Spinball, & Knuckles Chaotix.

It seems to cost at least 50 Rings to enter it.

I'm definitely getting a Spinball vibe from this~ If anything, this does kinda remind me of the pinball bonus stages of Sonic Spinball. Though I do like that you can get shields and what looks to be maybe extra lives. Along with other various things. This'll be a nice mix-up for Mania.