Awoo.

The EDM topic

KHCast

So pretty much, this is just a general topic about the edm scene(electric dance music) and a place for those a part of the community to share experiences, new music they’ve found, a style you’re getting into(dubstep, House, trap, etc.) dope remixes, etc. edm is such a general term, as there’s many different forms of electronic music nowadays, I thought it’d be okay to have its own specific topic. If that’s not alright, or warranting one I’ll understand. 

So to start, recently I went to one of the big US edm music festivals, Paradiso, for the 4th time(its every year)and it was a blast! Got exposed to so many new indie artists along with a few iconic names like Deadmau5 and DJ snake. Definitely doesn’t compare imo to 2016 which had Cash Cash, and madeon, and 2017 which had my man Porter Robinson as well as Tiesto as a header. Hoping next year I can go to EDC.

As for music I find myself currently into, I’m really into a bit of all styles of electronic music, but I guess House has always been my default type to enjoy 

It’s just really chill and relaxing while still energetic in a sense. 

I still find myself into the really energetic stuff though

And this is probably my all favorite edm song/remix currently. Not sure what I’d call its style though. Trance? Trap/trance?

And speaking of remix’s, this is a chill trap remix of KH3’s theme don’t think twice. Very serine and reverant, but nonetheless does a good job at tying it back to its original material despite sounding completely different. I definitely appreciate remixes that do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'm going to like this topic!

I'm not a huge fan of specifically EDM musics, but Electronic Music in general is my thing.

Recently (Like, 2 months ago), I've started to follow Trance Music Podcasts, and now I've mostly a podcast for day. I don't usually listen to all them, but always when I've a free time of one hour or two I listen them.

And wow! You've meet Deadmau5? I love some of their musics! Tiësto is also another powerful name! Unfortunately, here where I live (Brazil), those kind of shows never happens, and it's been pretty rare to find a friend to talk about those kind of musics.

Talking about Trance, the general podcasts I follow are A State of Trance (Armin van Buuren), Group Therapy (Above & Beyond) and Vonyc Sessions (Paul van Dyk). You said about Tiësto, and I also follow his podcast "Clublife", but it's not one of my favorites. Other names which I'm always crossing are Paul Oakenfold and Solarstone. Not sure if you recognize all those names. Other name I would like to mention is Christopher Lawrence. Once he was voted as the #1 American DJ, but I don't fell he is fully recognized, no one ever mention him. His most known track is Rush Hour, present in the game "Need for Speed Underground 2" in a shorter version:

This also was the name of his first podcast, now he hosts Pharmacy Radio.

Talking about Need for Speed Underground 2, this game have some great songs alongside Rush Hour and Nothing But You (Paul van Dyk). The game also includes Switch/Twitch by Fluke, a small electronic music band which had some success in the scenario during the late 90's and early 2000's. Their song "Atom Bomb" reached #1 in the electronic chart of that year. Other notable names in the game are Felix da Housecat and Adam Freeland (With his music remixed by Jagz Kooner). It's funny to say that, not sure if you've ever played the game, but the OST is mostly remembered by its Hard Rocks by less known bands, but it also have some excellent electronic selection. Later on the OST we've Cirrus and Queens of the Stone Age, which got some popularity at the time.

And well, that's much like this. Those are the major songs I listen to, but those lasts names leads to an Electronic Rock side, not sure if is this what you want to talk about. I also like some minor D&B stuff and general Dance Music. And well, if you like those songs which are incredible good and you can't identify their genre, than Compass Error is for you:

This remix still being recognized as a masterpiece in the House/Dance genre, using the best possible of Trance/House/Dance/Progressive. Definitely one of my favorites (And long as heck too!).

Only to finish, I would like to say that Ukraine is getting some great Trance artists too, DJ Omnia certainly one of its best names, if you like Trance, than you also should give a try.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? Given Brazil’s music reputation I’m surprised to hear edm doesn’t have a big influence there! And yeah a few of those names I’m familiar with.(I think paul showed up at Paradiso) 

lately I’m really getting into Galantis again also.

This is their recent few songs 

also, is it bad I haven’t really gotten that into Marshmallow? I mean some of their songs are cool, but I’m not like a huge fan or anything. Don’t get this popularity personally for him