Awoo.

Should Sega create a 2d minor serise like Sonic advance ?

Gumbit

Seen it twice in this thread. What is meant by "classic pandering"?

At any rate, I personally like the modern designs of the characters and I really enjoy the style of the Advance series. I would like to see it make a comeback while being expanded on and more depth being added. From my perspective I feel like there's a sweet spot in between the classic and modern styles that would make the perfect aesthetic for Sonic for me.

The Mania team would probably be most likely to nail it. But SEGA seem set in their ways of separating the two at the expense of the quality of modern games and a lot of classic fans don't want these games to have any kind of influence from the later parts of the series. So it probably wouldn't happen even if they were interested.

48 minutes ago, Emerald Chaos said:

At any rate, I personally like the modern designs of the characters and I really enjoy the style of the Advance series. I would like to see it make a comeback while being expanded on and more depth being added. From my perspective I feel like there's a sweet spot in between the classic and modern styles that would make the perfect aesthetic for Sonic for me.

The Mania team would probably be most likely to nail it. But SEGA seem set in their ways of separating the two at the expense of the quality of modern games and a lot of classic fans don't want these games to have any kind of influence from the later parts of the series. So it probably wouldn't happen even if they were interested.

Back in the good days we had Advance, we had Rush, we had Rivals, but the fans only knew to shift the spotlight to Sonic 06 and complain about it even to this day.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Emerald Chaos said:

Depending on context, it can mean anything from Sonic Team's lazy, shallow attempts to appeal to classic Sonic fans with things like Sonic 4 and Classic Sonic in Forces, or any acknowledgement of or reference to the classic games in an ostensibly "Modern" Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know.

The only 2D Sonic I've played extensively was Sonic Blast for GameGear, so... Yeah, who am I to judge?

Still, a new 2D Sonic with some neat gameplay gimmicks would be nice. Heck, a Sonic metroidvania could work, if you put the right people in charge.
Just... Make the artstyle of the game more... Hand drawn, and less... Pixel-ey. Because, really, ripping sprites from old games and shoving them into a new game for no rhyme or reason is just obnoxious and lazy.

2 hours ago, TheUltimateHedgy said:

Make the artstyle of the game more... Hand drawn, and less... Pixel-ey. Because, really, ripping sprites from old games and shoving them into a new game for no rhyme or reason is just obnoxious and lazy.

I'd love something like that!

I feel like sega should try and sort out their 3D sonic games at the moment, instead of trying to start a 2D subseries. Judging by how forces turned out they need all the help they can get.

• Thumbs Up 3