Awoo.

SDCC: Whisper The Mouse, Chaotix in TSR, a new Classic Comic (LEAKS, take with grain of salt!!)

Marco9966

I found this on 4chan, waiting for confirmations if true, but until then, I thought I'd post it here and see your opinions:

Leaks for the Sonic Comic Con panel
>Team Chaotix announced for Team Sonic racing and a look at two courses Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill
>Early look at Whisper the Mouse and announcement of Classic Sonic comics. It's just called Sonic Mania.
>Sega Ages Sonic 2 for Switch
>Forces downloadable expansion new avatar parts and story content. Sonic and avatar fight classic and modern eggman and infinite's return is teased. Stages with new level design with changes to time of day and textures but the locations are the same
>Sonic Switch announced. 2.5D platformer by Dimps for switch. Sonic and Shadow are playable in tag team and you switch between them. Looks like a Sonic Rush spiritual successor?
>Sonic and Shadow Amiibos

If its real we'll know in about 12 hours if its fake the creator has made some reasonable sounding rumours.

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I found this on 4chan, waiting for confirmations if true, but until then, I thought I'd post it here and see your opinions:

>Team Chaotix announced for Team Sonic racing and a look at two courses Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill
>Early look at Whisper the Mouse and announcement of Classic Sonic comics. It's just called Sonic Mania.
>Forces downloadable expansion new avatar parts and story content. Sonic and avatar fight classic and modern eggman and infinite's return is teased. Stages with new level design with changes to time of day and textures but the locations are the same
>Sonic Switch announced. 2.5D platformer by Dimps for switch. Sonic and Shadow are playable in tag team and you switch between them. Looks like a Sonic Rush spiritual successor?

Lol, this sounds utter rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing that any person with their finger on the pulse couldn't concoct.  The fatal flaw is this: Several of the items are individually plausible - but all at once?

• Thumbs Up 3

This is a "he said she said" situation. There's no confirmation without solid proof backing it.

While it sounds more likely than other leaks, certain parts of this still make me think "naaah". We'll just have to wait and see.

...Hmm, Whisper the Mouse... Evan Stanley said she tried to make Whisper in the Sonic Forces avatar creator a while ago on Twitter, so make of that as you will.

• Thumbs Up 3

4chan leak so take it with a grain of salt.

But if true can we PLEASE stop using the fucking zones used in Generations and Forces.

Jesus fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Just going through the list here.

1&2. Totally believable but they're such logical guesses anybody could have thought them up (InB4 the same can be said about the whole list). 

3. Ages Sonic 1 hasn't even had it's details revealed outside of the very recent Famitsu article so I expect THAT to show up rather than Sonic 2.

4. Sounds way too much for Forces at this point. I've no idea what you'd do with Classic Eggman story-wise, he'd be even more random than Classic Sonic already showing up. At most I could see them making a SDCC Avatar shirt as a last bit of fun for the game.

5. This is a very 2000s Sonic sort of thing. I'd be surprised if Dimps are brought back for Sonic at all after this amount of time. I also don't think they're gonna be doing another Nintendo-exclusive anytime soon outside of an Olympic game.

6. Well if #5 turns out to be true then this is believable. Of course there's the chance of Shadow being an echo fighter in Smash Ultimate so could get an amiibo anyway through that.

• Thumbs Up 2

>4chan leak.

I 110% believe this is all BS, especially the Forces' story DLC. Can we please forget about that mess? Leave that game behind. 

Also, why post rumors about something that will happen (the SDCC) and be debunked as soon as later today anyways?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is bollocks. 

Sega AGES is a SEGA Japan iniative and even Sonic 1’s details haven’t been confirmed outside of Japan yet. Furthermore, we still don’t have full details on the likes of Phantasy Star, Alex Kidd or Gain Ground. Any announcements for new games will come from SoJ sources or Famitsu first, not SoA. That’s how it was with 3D Classics and even with the simultaneous release strategy, note that all of the marketing for the line so far has been exclusive to Japan.

This is someone who doesn’t understand how that line works throwing shit at a wall to try and sound believable. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 & 2 are plausible, and I stretch to include 2 in that.

Everything else is pure trash.

• Chuckle 1

My 4chan leak delema. 

1. Its written anonymously so I can't account for it and I do not like trusting 4chan
  2. However,  their track record for like the past... since this generation has been weirdly on point with a lot of the shit I pay attention to. So unfortunately for me I cannot outright dismiss it

So that's where I stand, I wanna say its outright bullshit. But 4chan keeps proving my hesitance wrong. That said I still believe most of it that isn't 1, is bullshit

I don't even find 1 and 2 plausible. SDCC seems too soon to announce another team, and I think of the comic staff suggested that Whisper is a bird. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A few of these things I might believe, but not all of them, certainly not all at once.

And a Sonic-and-Shadow game is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect a fan to come up with.

I find all of this plausible to happen but god please I don't want to see Dimps making a console game anymore... or Sonic games anymore period they're just not good anymore.

What makes this believable to me is the fact Seaside Hill is returning. The one stage Sega keeps bringing back that nobody asks for.

1) Possible.

2) Not sure

3) Doubt it. SEGA Ages Sonic 1 isn’t even out yet. Chances are that’ll be there instead

4) Considering the SteamDB for Sonic Forces was updated recently, I could see this happening. https://steamdb.info/app/637100/dlc/

The other two I’m not sure on.

46 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

However,  their track record for like the past... since this generation has been weirdly on point with a lot of the shit I pay attention to. So unfortunately for me I cannot outright dismiss it

No it hasn't lol!

Especially when random jo makes claims to Sonic, it's always laughably wrong!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

No it hasn't lol!

To the shit I like, which I have specifically pointed out , it kinda has. I didn't say in general, i'm saying 4chan leaks have been rather accurate to a lot of the things I like

Just now, Mayor D said:

No it hasn't lol!

Someone leaked Super Smah Bros. Ultimate to the smallest detail.

Leaks can be right, but not 100% trusting them is okay.

I also find the Dimps part somewhat unbelivable because Dimps is mostly working on Dragon Ball now with Xenoverse and Legends.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Where can we watch a stream of the conference??

There is no stream sadly. Only live tweets :(

1 minute ago, Drifting Jack said:

There is no stream sadly. Only live tweets :(

Tweets from TSSZ and Tails's Channel?

TSSZ might stream via phone, pretty sure they've done that in previous years. Although, the audio can be fairly quiet sometimes.

If there's any new stuff though SEGA are usually pretty good at getting them uploaded online shortly after they're revealed.

• The topic was locked