Awoo.

The Sonic Amateur Games Expo 2018

Neo Hazard

SAGE2018_A1_BLACK3-1024x561.png
Don't worry mods, we have permission this time.

Aw heck, it's that time of year again. The SONIC AMATEUR GAMES EXPO 2018 will run from August 25th - September 1st! For those that don't know, SAGE is an online event specifically made for you to showcase your own and check out community projects, watch streams, enter contests, and take part in a very creative side of the Sonic and indie gaming community! SAGE submissions are not exclusive to only Sonic the Hedgehog related content. If you have a project to show, follow the guidelines and submit it!

Right now, SAGE has a pretty open schedule and is still looking to take submissions for streaming throughout the week. We're also open to suggestions of your favorite streamers and will be more than happy to feature them in the schedule if they're interested. Let them know to contact us via our email or Twitter!

Also worth noting is that projects that plan to enter: we’ll be putting together a trailer for SAGE 2018! If you’d like your game to be shown off in this year’s trailer, please submit a 10 second clip of your game to the SAGE email. We recommend your clip being .mp4 format, 1920 x 1080, 60 frames per second to ensure it looks as good as possible within the trailer. The deadline for trailer submissions is July 28th.

Guidelines are below and we look forward to seeing you at this year's Sonic Amateur Games Expo!

Submission Guidelines

• Game entries must be submitted to sageentry@gmail.com.
  • Each game entry must have a title/logo to display for it's respective game, PNG format, at least 500 x 500.
  • All game entries must be submitted by August 18th. If your game will not be finished before that time, it will not be featured in the event.
  • ROM Hacks are allowed, given they significantly change something about the games they are based on.
  • To make things easier on both the staff and those submitting to the show, we ask that you use Sonic Fan Games HQ's showcase to enter your submission. We've got a whole nifty guide from last year on how to do so!
  • If you have multiple game projects to submit, please follow the submission guidelines for each project.
  • Engines are welcome but must follow the same guidelines as stated above.
  • PLEASE NOTE: Mania assets are allowed at SAGE 2018. However, what isn't allowed is direct copying of its levels. Remixing anything you use from it, color changes, etc. is encouraged to be remixed in some fashion but entry will not be denied so long as the LEVEL looks visually distinctive.

Streaming Guidelines

• To reserve your time for streaming, please send an e-mail to sageentry@gmail.com
  • You MUST have prior streaming experience. If you cannot present a stable stream, you will be taken off-air, and your time slot will be turned into free time.
  • Each stream entry must have the following:
    • The name of your stream.
    • The time at which you would like to broadcast your stream.
    • What content your stream will involve.
    • A link to your current stream page.
  • Stream times are first come, first served and decided by SAGE staff. Should the slot you request conflict with a pre-established stream, we will contact you to work out the best possible alternative time.
  • Free-time streams and unscheduled streams are at the discretion of the SAGE staff.
  • We will do our best to work with and around everyone's schedules. Keep in mind we will have plans in the beginning and end of SAGE, but the rest of the slots will go quick. Make sure to get your submission in as soon as possible!

• Thumbs Up 8

Alright! I've been waiting for this, a chance to see Sonic fans with their cool fan games! Personally, I would hope there's been another update on the Sonic Utopia project, but that's up to them to decide if they want to showcase it.

I've actually been with a team working away on a fan game, and while I hoped we could have gotten something for SAGE 2018, that goal wasn't feasible. Maybe next year?

• Thumbs Up 2

Unfortunately, the Utopia Team has already confirmed there will not be a new demo at SAGE this year.

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Neo Hazard said:

Unfortunately, the Utopia Team has already confirmed there will not be a new demo at SAGE this year.

Are they just showing off the stuff they have then?  Because I swear I just saw a tweet from one of them saying there'd be stuff at SAGE.

I'm not complaining, as long as there's something to play at the end of the day I'm fine with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if there'll be anything to annouce for Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 2.2.

Did they say anything on being there?

• Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Neo Hazard said:

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Utopia will not have a presence at SAGE 2018.

Not gonna lie, this is probably the most heart breaking thing i've read all year. I need that game in my life so bad man ;-;

7 hours ago, SupahBerry said:

I wonder if there'll be anything to annouce for Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 2.2.

Did they say anything on being there?

Nothing just yet. Team Sonic Junior's been working hard but I'm not sure they'll be at SAGE this year.

7 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

Not gonna lie, this is probably the most heart breaking thing i've read all year. I need that game in my life so bad man ;-;

There's gonna be plenty of other games to fill the void in your heart, I promise!

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't say we've heard anything but here's hoping!

By the way, the deadline for the trailer is this coming Saturday, July 28th! Get those submissions in if you'd like your project featured in this year's trailer!

The deadline for trailer submissions is TOMORROW. If you haven't already, get that footage in!

No 2018 demo of vs. Darkness TNR in the trailer, that's a shame.

...but all those 3D/more unconvientional projects...those got my interest. Especially that 2.5D fighter Sonic Cross Fever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, that's a lot of projects.

Nice to see all those Unity-based Sonic Fangame : I'll be actually able to play them unlike Blitz3D-based game xD More seriously I'm really interested in those fangames, to see what people will do on them.

There is also a lot other fangames that interest me, like this Crash Fangame, this "Sonic Metal Adventure" et Petit Hedgehog that is just so nice and cute.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, all of this looks so good man, I can't wait to try it all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, the 3D fan games are really spreading aren't they?

Also, it's nice to see N.Tense Adventure come back, it was one of my favorite games from last year, can't wait to try this new version along with the other projects!!

(also i loved this year's logo)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder: The deadline for submission is this Saturday, at 11:59 PM CDT! Don't forget to the review the guidelines in the initial post before submitting! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Less than 24 hours to get your projects in for SAGE 2018! Remember, the deadline is tonight, 11:59 PM Central Daylight Time!