Awoo.

Titans (2018)

Ryannumber1gamer

After at least a year of build-up, the first trailer for the live action Teen Titans show has finally arrived and it comes off like a massive middle finger to the source material and in general, the personalities of these characters. Starring Dick Grayson (aka Nightwing) as a recently separated from Batman - Robin, well if you want subtlety in his arc of not wanting to be like Batman, you aren't going to find it here. Unlike the Flash which stayed relatively accurate to the canon and spirit of the comic, or Arrow which had a different and interesting new take on Green Arrow, this show looks like it's going to be nothing but an absolute fucking trainwreck. The costumes and effects look absolutely terrible, the characters are shells of their former selves if Robin is anything to go by (considering here, he kills, swears and is full of angst), and in general, it just looks like an overly-edgy mess. I know I'm not holding my hopes high after seeing this trailer.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

A reminder that this was also made by the guy that wrote Batman and Robin. Akiva Goldsman

Also Linkara's reaction. Cause if you don't already know the Titans are his favorite heros.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

From overly childish to overly edgy with no in between.....huh...where have I heard that before?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

It’s kinda weird how we have these two extremes, and then Teen Titans original is that perfect middle ground of having humor and dark moments. And yeah the animated films which were more serious, but not on this fucking level. Like if they wanted serious, look at those movies for inspiration or something 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Absolutely 1

don't worry guys i fixed the trailer:

2 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

A reminder that this was also made by the guy that wrote Batman and Robin. Akiva Goldsman

it's almost as if he got tired of being shit on for Batman and Robin being way too campy and when he got the job to write this he said "lmao i'll give ya'll a ''''''serious'''''' movie since you want that so much"

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's my thoughts on the new Titans show (as well as the DC Murderverse in general)

I am not sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

Akiva Goldsman

Oh fuck you. Akiva Goldsman is doing this?

He's the fucker that fucked up The Last Knight and worked on the shitty Rings and awful The Dark Tower. 

Yeah this is doomed from the getgo.

Why do these Hollywood fuckers keep getting jobs if they turn everything they touch into crap.

Looking at you Ehren Kruger.

• Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

Also Linkara's reaction. Cause if you don't already know the Titans are his favorite heros.

I feel so bad for Lewis. In the span of a few years he has seen his favourite group of superheroes being trashed everywhere: in the comics, in the cartoons, in the videogames (Injustice is absolutely savage with the Titans) and now with this.
Aside from the MCU and the new Spider-Man videogame, comic book superheroes are in a terrible spot at the moment, thank heavens My Hero Academia remembers how to do them.

• Nice Smile 1

I love the sound effects when Robin kills those goons, there being several stock sound effects I keep hearing in cartoons and videogames.
Nothing sells me to intense dark action scenes then using stock cartoon sound effects.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Except Robin didn't kill anyone in that trailer! 

It's been confirmed too 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

Oh well in that case....still shit looking regardless due to everything else 

2 hours ago, Scott said:

You might want to show your source for that info, makes it easier than trying to find it ourselves.

But still...I do find it hard to believe that he didn't kill anyone. The guy he chucked his pointy projectile thingy at, cut him in a way that his blood splatted out pretty far. Suggesting he cut an artery which is a very serious injury and it wouldn't take him long to bleed out. Plus the whole stomping on some guys neck with a loud crunch sound and that comical scream I've heard many times before...

If he didn't say "Fuck Batman" in some weak attempt to sound edgy, then maybe viewers wouldn't be so quick to think he's gone full blown Red Hood on everybody.

But that's my opinion.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, DanJ86 said:

If he didn't say "Fuck Batman" in some weak attempt to sound edgy, then maybe viewers wouldn't be so quick to think he's gone full blown Red Hood on everybody.

MEANT TO BE THE SAME CHARACTER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

• Thumbs Up 3

Slade would be so proud...... wait you mean Robin isn't being forced to act so out of character????

Goodness gracious what even is this new series!?

I see it as a so far failed attempt to apologize to viewers about Teen Titans Go. 

I like to take this time and bring up the fact that they made Dove into a traveling murderer. Dove. If you don't know, shes the DCU's Avatar of Peace and she's magic. She'd fight but only ever as a last resort.

What the hell were they thinking with this?

Also I'm hearing that this ruined the current Titans run? It shifted tones to match this show, and they're operating out of a converted detention center. Huh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Yknow it’s kinda sad and pathetic, but not really, that we all know Teen titans Go is eventually gonna make some shitty meta joke about this show.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

What the hell were they thinking with this?

$$$ and *crickets*

• Nice Smile 1

I always wondered what a live action Teen Titans movie/show would be like. I always thought it would be awesome to have something like that.

I did not expect it to be like this, though. It's a huge disappointment, and it might just make Teen Titans Go look good. (I can't believe I just said that...)

I just hope we get a much better live action show/movie of Teen Titans in the future, even if it will take much longer than this.

Wow; this really feels like Batman vs Superman's younger brother. Despite dropping "Teen" from the title, it's pretty clear what demographic they're chasing here. Either that or they have no idea what they're doing. Probably both, actually.

• Nice Smile 1

On 7/19/2018 at 8:59 PM, Balding Spider said:

That would explain things, wouldn't it? First they have a great animated series, then they do a 180 and make them too silly, and now too dark. Can't they make up their minds?

• 1 month later...

Well, we've got another promo, including Dick meeting Jason Todd for the first time.

You know, I just realised the one version of Batman this might be accurate to, and it is not one of the good ones...

All-Star Batman & Robin SHOULD NOT BE A GOOD REFERENCE POINT

• Fist Bump 1