Awoo.

Titans (2018)

Ryannumber1gamer

I can't see this being a smash success.  I'm not going to watch this.  Cosplayers know how to look like the Teen Titan characters than the professional actors portraying them.

This honestly isn't that far off from the Wolfman/Perez stuff.

The Teen Titans comic this team came from was the dirty, grungy, disgusting series where Wolfman decided the best way to show Terra was evil was having her actively sexual with Slade (Wolfman's own words, "Wow! That little girl's a slut!"). This level of grimdark grotesqueness is, frankly, more honest to the original sensibilities of this specific team than any TV show has been yet. The Murakami show is insanely revisionist. Teen Titans Go is much truer to the spirit of the original as well, but we know how much nerds love that show. 

Seriously, some of you guys act like the Murakami show is the only take on the characters, when it wasn't even the first time the Titans were animated. Believe it or not, you weren't exposed to the original incarnation of near-century old characters when you were born in the final fourth of their current century and not every interpretation has to hold to some specific, arbitrary vision of what a property should be like.

This show seems fine. I even kinda like how it looks. The darkness is a bit ridiculous, but no more ridiculous than how obnoxiously lighthearted everything else has to be. It seems more of a taste thing than any actual quality. If it retains the grossness of the original concept while staying as far the fuck away from Wolfman's stunted sexual politics, I'm a happy guy. I could do without any of the reductive perspectives on sexuality, but am more than interested in the Titans still having a level of unsightly grime. 

If anything, that dumb Dick and Jason clip was the first red flag.

And "Fuck Batman" is hilarious and Linkara is a dipshit.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, we've got another promo, including Dick meeting Jason Todd for the first time.

Holy shit, MatPat is in this?

On 9/17/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, we've got another promo, including Dick meeting Jason Todd for the first time.

Is it just me or did soneone brain swap those two? With Dick's attitude,  you'd almost think he's ready to hand Joker the crowbar out often hostile jealousy alone. 

18 hours ago, Bloxxerboy said:

MatPat is in this excuse for a movie?!? This will not win me over to their side.

It's not a movie and it's not MatPat.

I thought that guy looked like MatPat, and the way they’re marketing it makes it look like a movie.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the thread title subtitle sums up my feelings about the pilot. Its as if the darkness (not a brightness joke) of the DCEU made it's way to a television series, but somehow more fucked up. They make it a point of showing Robin tearing into the criminal element, but then he can't open a door later... If you have any questions regarding the pilot I can answer them.

• 9 months later...

Was the first Season any good? Despite what the trailers suggested.