Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing Comic

Marco9966

Heh, why am I barely surprised to see dialogue like this?
With how meta self aware the series have gotten,I continously feel like I'm watching the cast suffer some weird kind of dementia where they lose their humanity day by day until one day Sonic's dialogue is just "I am videogame man from 1991. I press A to jump. New game "Team Sonic racing" out now, please enjoy it."

Agreed with Hogfather, it's like everyone turned into Omochao.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this bizzarely formal approach is any better than Pontaff. This comic also seems kinda unfinished, with Dodonpa still having a very Japanese name. And can we say this comic isn’t canon to IDW?

10 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Not sure if this bizzarely formal approach is any better than Pontaff. This comic also seems kinda unfinished, with Dodonpa still having a very Japanese name. And can we say this comic isn’t canon to IDW?

I mean I wouldn't. I kinda doubt the game itself is canon. 

53 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

This comic also seems kinda unfinished, with Dodonpa still having a very Japanese name.

That's probably just his name.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting to end up being so shocked and appalled by the writing. We knew what this was going in.

I'm just on board for this issue for the art work. At least that seems to be holding up pretty well.

Tails & Knuckles need to stop explaining things and just drive like everyone else maybe Sonic was right about calling Tails "brains" from now on but it was a good read so far liked how Shadow really wants to beat Sonic. 

That fat flying guy ( forgot his name ) has to be Eggman he even has the same laugh.

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Agreed with Hogfather, it's like everyone turned into Omochao.

We-hell.. 😛

…Oh no…!

3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And can we say this comic isn’t canon to IDW?

I don't think it'd matter much regardless.

17 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Tails & Knuckles need to stop explaining things and just drive like everyone else

I don't why that made me laugh.

17 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

That fat flying guy ( forgot his name ) has to be Eggman he even has the same laugh.

The expensive comment makes it even moreso.

6 hours ago, Earnest-Panda said:

Why does page 2 have that random black squiggle at the bottom?

Woah, how did I miss that?

On 11/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, SBR2 said:

I don't know this is pretty much what I was expecting. It's an ad. Of course it won't be anyone's best showing.

The Forces comics were actually pretty good tho'

• Thumbs Up 6

On 11/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting to end up being so shocked and appalled by the writing. We knew what this was going in.

I'm just on board for this issue for the art work. At least that seems to be holding up pretty well.

Yeah, I agree with this. I mean, the Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing comic that Flynn did back in the day had pretty lousy dialogue too. Even good writers like Ian tend to phone it in on video game tie-in comics.

Oh this was going to be nothing but an artwork showcase for me from the get-go.

I will say I am a bit surprised by just how much they didn't give a shit though. The Olympics comic and the Transformed comic, at the very least, didn't front load themselves with a tutorial or use dialogue quite as robotic and clunky like "My Power-Type Vehicle" or whatever Knuckles said. 

Although, Omega saying "Bring-the-Pain protocols initiated" kind of made me chuckle. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 12/5/2018 at 10:59 PM, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

latest?cb=20181205173429

Were the Jade Wisps revealed before the comic?

Not really. You could see them in the item reel in footage if you looked closely enough, but there was no indication to their name or power until now IIRC.

I finished reading the full comic. It's alright. Not offensively bad in its writing, but there's really not a lot to work with. It definitely feels like it a drawn out introduction to a manual. They missed an opportunity to lay down any foundations to the games story or tell much of a story of any kind.

The comic succeeded in making me interested in Dodon Pa. I found a good number of lines, mostly from Eggman and Omega, to be funny. Sometimes it was unintentionally funny too. Thats about it. Not bad once you get past the awkward tutorial speak in the beginning but not great either. Better than the Transformed comic.

I got a little more frustrated with Team Vector though. All this comic did was clarify why it makes no sense for Blaze and Silver to be doing this. Vector blurts out that he wants the prize money, obviously, but Blaze apparently finds competition beneath her and Silver just says all he wants is a better tomorrow. Why are you two racing then? Maybe Vector really did kidnap them.