Awoo.

Butch Hartman controversy

KHCast

27 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I don't know, I don't particularly mind Christian media in general. Even if it can be pretty abrasive. But you gotta be interesting with it, it's why I still follow some Christian themed webcomics. Even though I'm bisexual. And an atheist.

I just don't particularly buy that Butch Hartman can do something interesting that has anything to do with Christianity. I mean, his premier shows featured fairies that used magic and had someone who could turn into a ghost to battle with the afterlife. I don't think that those are particularly good examples of Christian shows, I'm pretty sure just about every baptist priest would him with a bible.

Thank you.

Decided to do some clean up to re-rail this thread away from the obvious troll post.

• Thumbs Up 6

You know, I've been vaguely wanting clarity on what exactly has been going on with this man and I'm still a tad unclear.

Are you saying this is some religious pyramid scheme?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

You know, I've been vaguely wanting clarity on what exactly has been going on with this man and I'm still a tad unclear.

Are you saying this is some religious pyramid scheme?

The gist is this: 

• Butch Hartman already gets on the nerves of people with clickbait titles and a massive ego to boot.
  • He announces a streaming service which he says it's a family platform and that's it. 
  • Tons of animation Youtubers point out the flaws of the service and that seems to be the end of it. 
  • The kickstarter somehow manages to make it's goal at the last minute
  • Butch Hartman then takes to trying to defend his project...which leads to him getting even more egotistical, getting to the point where he started saying "You think you can take me on?" 
  • After all of this, it then comes out that the goal of his streaming service is a Christian Streaming Service
  • YouTubers then point out the sketchiness of the Kickstarter, the fact that information was purposefully hidden when the original pitch was released.
  • More importantly, plenty of people funded the project without being aware whatsoever that this was based on religious foundations, which means they were tricked into funding something they don't agree or believe in, and now seemingly have no way of getting their money back. 
  • On top of everything else, more things come out regarding Butch which involved a lot of horrible comments regarding Depression and other such situations and trying to boil them down to "needing to get over it". In short, very insensitive and absolutely horrible.

I recommend watching the PieGuyRulz video in the first page as that's a more in-depth explanation of the situation at large and I might've messed up some of the details here.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

• Butch Hartman already gets on the nerves of people with clickbait titles and a massive ego to boot.
  •  

Oh, what, creator with Youtube channel is trying to be charming for his audience?

The nerve!

Nah, but for real tho

• He announces a streaming service which he says it's a family platform and that's it. 
  • Tons of animation Youtubers point out the flaws of the service and that seems to be the end of it. 

I recall PizzaParty talking about that, yes.

• Butch Hartman then takes to trying to defend his project...which leads to him getting even more egotistical, getting to the point where he started saying "You think you can take me on?" 
  • On top of everything else, more things come out regarding Butch which involved a lot of horrible comments regarding Depression and other such situations and trying to boil them down to "needing to get over it". In short, very insensitive and absolutely horrible.

Oh. Oh nonono...

The gist is this: 

•  
  •  
  •  
  • After all of this, it then comes out that the goal of his streaming service is a Christian Streaming Service
  • YouTubers then point out the sketchiness of the Kickstarter, the fact that information was purposefully hidden when the original pitch was released.
  • More importantly, plenty of people funded the project without being aware whatsoever that this was based on religious foundations, which means they were tricked into funding something they don't agree or believe in, and now seemingly have no way of getting their money back. 

I recommend watching the PieGuyRulz video in the first page as that's a more in-depth explanation of the situation at large and I might've messed up some of the details here.

Oh dear. That is a pretty bad setup.

Geez, what the heck is goin on nowadays?

Thanks for the summary, man!

EDIT: Holy shit, I just read his TVTropes page...