Awoo.

Dimension17

Gemster312

Hi there!

I am a Indie Programmer/Pixel Artist.

As a long-time fan of the Classic Sonic series (S3&K childhood fave, but the others are dope too), I have always been inspired for one day wanting to make an awesome 2D platformer. I have been working on my latest game; Dimension17 for the last half year and just this weekend (August 26-29 2018) my project was showcased at a gaming convention (RetroFX) and was met with a lot of great feedback!

The game is a 2D exploration-based platformer that allows the player to explore the multi-dimensional world of "Virtuality" with a plethora of unique movesets to help you get around.
At its core, it's fundamentals of design are heavily inspired by Sonic:
-Anyone can play through and beat it through a slow and casual playthrough
-But as you learn how to maneuver the world around you, your different movesets will allow you to speed-run through the world and have a thrill of skill and speed to conquer the game in unique and fun ways.

The game controls via keyboard + mouse (unique controls for a platformer I know, but that's half the point of this project ;) ), so it will be a PC exclusive (possibly Mac too).

Release: TBD

Hope you stick around and see it develop :)
Social Media links for following the project can be found in the Description of the video!

Thanks for reading/watching, and have a Wonderful day!
Love,
-Gemster312

• Thumbs Up 8

16 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Just curious what game engine you made this in? 

GMStudio

(Though none of the drag/drop crap, all coded and done by me)

50 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

(Though none of the drag/drop crap, all coded and done by me)

Had a feeling it was that.

Lol yeah I could tell by looking at it that it was code. You don't get movement that smooth using the drag and drop.

Wow dude. That's an amazing game. I know you're aiming for it to be PC exclusive and all (as I'm assuming it's the only platform all your controls could be used on) but I'd tell you to strongly consider a mobile release. Look at the massive success of something like Geometry Dash (which I don't know if it was an inspiration for this or not as it seems kinda Geometry Dash-esque. Not a bad thing. You've seemed to create something new and exciting). Dimension 17 could really benefit from a mobile release IMO. Just something to consider! :) Keep up the good work and I can't wait to play it!

23 hours ago, Terriful said:

Wow dude. That's an amazing game. I know you're aiming for it to be PC exclusive and all (as I'm assuming it's the only platform all your controls could be used on) but I'd tell you to strongly consider a mobile release. Look at the massive success of something like Geometry Dash (which I don't know if it was an inspiration for this or not as it seems kinda Geometry Dash-esque. Not a bad thing. You've seemed to create something new and exciting). Dimension 17 could really benefit from a mobile release IMO. Just something to consider! :) Keep up the good work and I can't wait to play it!

Thanks man!

Really glad to hear it! I will consider a potential mobile port of it post-initial-release if possible, but due to the way the game controls (mouse location on screen affects the direction and impact of certain abilities) it might be difficult to implement for a mobile port. But post-release it might be worth it :)

Currently, plans are to have the first Public Beta Test around the Winter Season so be sure to be following the Facebook/Twitter pages (description of the video) to stay on track for when the game is playable.

Thanks again for your input and excitement. It truly means a lot! :D