Awoo.

Sonic 4 SEGA AGES Edition

Autosaver

SEGA recently re-released Sonic 4 Episode 2 under the SEGA ages program. Similar to the mobile version of Sonic CD, it is ad supported now instead of free. Apparently the Android version looks updated to a friend of mine. iOS I haven't really checked it out myself because I can't restore my paid benefits. Lots of negative reviews are citing the same issue, so I'm not sure if you guys have the same issue.

If anyone is able to make a comparison between the two, especially if there are supposed performance/graphics boosts with this version, I think that'd be cool to watch.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Besides that, I don't get what the point of bringing Sonic 4 back is when we have Mania.

Money.

I don't understand why every time SEGA releases a new Forever version of a game I already own, I can't restore purchases and it becomes ad-riddled. S4E2 is still a mess. The aspect ratio still leaves massive black bars on my iPhone X screen, the d-pad is still crappy and the game is still S4E2. It's a crock of shit, now with all the added problems of SEGA Forever taking a toll on performance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh it certainly is different.

8 fingers on each hand.

And just like the breakfast cereal. The audio goes snap crackle and pop!

The also randomly crashes when to beat a certain bosses too.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Not to mention that apparently the Forever versions have an online-only requirement but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Can confirm, I was knocked out to the ad version of Sonic 1 a few weeks ago when my internet was out.

It's so beyond stupid. I paid good money to get it working again and now apparently I can only actually play the version I paid for if I'm online, which isn't always possible.

I don't understand what was wrong with Sonic 1/2 before Sega decided to sell their souls to whoever the fuck is doing the Sega Forever ports.

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Oh it certainly is different.

8 fingers on each hand.

And just like the breakfast cereal. The audio goes snap crackle and pop!

The also randomly crashes when to beat a certain bosses too.

I love how I was outright joking about the Sega Forever version of Sonic 4 having even more problems and the shit decided to make it outright true

Seriously, the character models and animation for Sonic and Tails are one of the few things that the game has going for it, how do you fuck this up SEGA?

How do you do it? How do you keep fucking up your own legacy?

On 8/3/2018 at 11:22 PM, Sean said:

Sega Forever can get fucked. I haven't tried any of the emulated titles on the service, but I can't emphasis enough how garbage it is for ruining perfectly good ports of the Genesis Sonic games, games that I paid for YEARS AGO and functioned perfectly fine on multiple devices up until the update. Worse controls, inability to restore purchases (and even when it does work, I still get ads for Sega games), and overall worse performance since my phones are pretty old at this point.

This is why the Taxman versions of 1 and 2 need to be set free and ported to consoles and PC already. I seriously don't get why they still haven't done it. Do they just have some sort of grudge? Is there an unspoken rule that every new release of Sonic 1 and 2 MUST be an emulation of the originals with minor new features added here and there? They didn't have a problem bringing Sonic CD 2011 to literally every single platform available at the time, so what's the deal?

I'm kind of confused when it comes to the Taxman games in general.

Why aren't these versions on PC?

Why do we have to deal with SEGA's shitty emulation?

Why aren't these games on Vita or 3DS?

Why aren't these games on GOG?

Why does Sonic Mania have Denuvo?

It really does take a corporation to completely overlook this sort of shit, doesn't it?

On 8/6/2018 at 9:03 AM, GuyWithThePie said:

This is why the Taxman versions of 1 and 2 need to be set free and ported to consoles and PC already. I seriously don't get why they still haven't done it. Do they just have some sort of grudge? Is there an unspoken rule that every new release of Sonic 1 and 2 MUST be an emulation of the originals with minor new features added here and there? They didn't have a problem bringing Sonic CD 2011 to literally every single platform available at the time, so what's the deal?

11 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I'm kind of confused when it comes to the Taxman games in general.

Why aren't these versions on PC?

Why do we have to deal with SEGA's shitty emulation?

Why aren't these games on Vita or 3DS?

Why aren't these games on GOG?

Why does Sonic Mania have Denuvo?

It really does take a corporation to completely overlook this sort of shit, doesn't it?

You both don´t know one thing. SEGA doesn´t own Masato Nakamura´s songs from Sonic 1 and 2. That´s why the remasters for Android were there... ok. In Mania - ok, 3 songs only. But... Mania OST doesn´t have those songs and that´s the proof that it can´t be used really that much. In short, forget about Sonic 1 and 2 remasters for PC or anything, forget about Sonic Mania for Android/iOS happening in the future.

In the end - yes, every "new" release of Sonic 1 and 2 MUST be an emulation for just this reason. CD doesn´t have to.