Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Team Gameplay Spotlight

Patron

12 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

2. Egg Walker? Taken down. Tails helped fight off the Black Arms and Iblis monsters. The Six will end up a cakewalk.

I mean, sure, Zazz and/or at least Zeena shouldn't be too much of an issue, but the others kinda have him more than outdone in the skill, weight, and especially strength class.

12 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

3. I meant that green ghostly one introduced in this very game.

Oh, okay. I haven't been watching too much of what's going on with this game outside of the reveal and the roster, so I had no clue.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I mean, sure, Zazz and/or at least Zeena shouldn't be too much of an issue, but the others kinda have him more than outdone in the skill, weight, and especially strength class.

Oh, okay. I haven't been watching too much of what's going on with this game outside of the reveal and the roster, so I had no clue.

Remember, Tails has fought the Egg Walker, countless similar bosses in 2D games, and literal demons. Tails beating Zomom might be akin to the Egg Golem in S3K. Zik’s small enough for Tails to shove around if he gets a close range hit. Knock the staff from his hands and it’s a sweep. The only ones that would certainly give him trouble are Zor and Zavok, but there’s always the option of an aerial attack from the tornado if Sonic approves. And by the way, what about the Dummy Ring Bombs, or all the gizmos from Battle? Did he bring those? 

Also, I wonder if those gadgets will be referenced here. Gerald and Black Doom were subtly mentioned when tails said “Who’s your daddy, Shadow?”, after all. 

And I wonder how many tracks will be in the game? 

53 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Remember, Tails has fought the Egg Walker, countless similar bosses in 2D games, and literal demons.

I neglected to actually comment on that in the last post, but I honestly don't much reason to.

I was gonna question the last part until I remembered End of the World was a thing, in which case, I'd say those are definitely notable credentials.

57 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Tails beating Zomom might be akin to the Egg Golem in S3K.

That would indeed be a neat way of dressing it. Cause honestly, his bulk was the one thing that made me question how Tails would handle him.

58 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Zik’s small enough for Tails to shove around if he gets a close range hit. Knock the staff from his hands and it’s a sweep.

I suppose he runs slow enough that Tails would be able to hawk him down swifly enough.

It's the Fruits, Telekinesis and the Ki Blasts he needs to be wary of.

58 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The only ones that would certainly give him trouble are Zor and Zavok, but there’s always the option of an aerial attack from the tornado if Sonic approves. And by the way, what about the Dummy Ring Bombs, or all the gizmos from Battle? Did he bring those? 

Zor was a dubious one in that while he's nowhere near as sturdy as the others, he's also far more skilled than Zeena or Zazz in ways that Sonic himself had to be more intuitive in getting around to actually damaging him.

And Zavok himself was THE big one I was concerned about, as he was clearly meant to echoe Knuckles' strength in being able to block the standard homing attack while also being quite calculating and opportunist on Mephiles' level and possible beyond. 

And Tails normally lacks the homing attack to begin with, making the second fights in particular questionable. However, as you point out, the Dummy Ring Bombs and/or the Gadgets that the game introduces could potentially give him enough leeway to at least have a fighting chance.

The Tornado is...a bit on the extraneous side, but I suppose the 3DS fight against Zavok would've been a dynamic way of justifying using it in gameplay.

57 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Also, I wonder if those gadgets will be referenced here. 

In a Kart racer? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Gerald and Black Doom were subtly mentioned when tails said “Who’s your daddy, Shadow?”, after all. 

Eh, I kinda doubt it was specifically meant to be that and more trying to make a character as hypercompetent and straightlaced as Tails get in on the smacktalking.

Which isn't a bad thing, mind you. The first thing, not...not really the second thing.

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I neglected to actually comment on that in the last post, but I honestly don't much reason to.

I was gonna question the last part until I remembered End of the World was a thing, in which case, I'd say those are definitely notable credentials.

That would indeed be a neat way of dressing it. Cause honestly, his bulk was the one thing that made me question how Tails would handle him.

I suppose he runs slow enough that Tails would be able to hawk him down swifly enough.

It's the Fruits, Telekinesis and the Ki Blasts he needs to be wary of.

Zor was a dubious one in that while he's nowhere near as sturdy as the others, he's also far more skilled than Zeena or Zazz in ways that Sonic himself had to be more intuitive in getting around to actually damaging him.

And Zavok himself was THE big one I was concerned about, as he was clearly meant to echoe Knuckles' strength in being able to block the standard homing attack while also being quite calculating and opportunist on Mephiles' level and possible beyond. 

And Tails normally lacks the homing attack to begin with, making the second fights in particular questionable. However, as you point out, the Dummy Ring Bombs and/or the Gadgets that the game introduces could potentially give him enough leeway to at least have a fighting chance.

The Tornado is...a bit on the extraneous side, but I suppose the 3DS fight against Zavok would've been a dynamic way of justifying using it in gameplay.

In a Kart racer? I doubt it.

Eh, I kinda doubt it was specifically meant to be that and more trying to make a character as hypercompetent and straightlaced as Tails get in on the smacktalking.

Which isn't a bad thing, mind you. The first thing, not...not really the second thing.

Tails could slice the fruits Zik sends st him. So the psychic (Tails has fought Silver in Rivals 2) and chi attacks (the only chi user Tails knows is Marine) would probably be some trouble. Zor is a decent match, though, maybe with the Tornado blasting the owl Badnik at the end. Zavok has a light/electric weakness, so Tails could use something like thunder shoot to overload his senses and score a hit. The giant form would go possibly down to the Tornado. 

I hope Shadow at least acknowledges the insult Tails landed at him. 

I’m getting curious about the budget of the game at this point...

13 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Tails could slice the fruits Zik sends st him.

:lol: Essentially.

So chi attacks (the only chi user Tails knows is Marine) would probably be some trouble.

Oh, is that what it was? 

That's...actually kind of interesting. Again, bring Marine back for some proper exploration.

Zor is a decent match, though, maybe with the Tornado blasting the owl Badnik at the end.

Yeah, if nothing else, it'd force them to get very creative with the boss fight.

I only avoided using him for the Tornado fight since I don't imagine the Owl being much of a mobile or arsenal threat. Also, Zavok on Serpentera is just inherently cooler.

Zavok has a light/electric weakness, so Tails could use something like thunder shoot to overload his senses and score a hit.

Does he? I wasn't aware. 

Though it would make for a neat Sonic Heroes callback.

21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The giant form would go possibly down to the Tornado. 

That could either be really awesome or really nonintuitive.

21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I hope Shadow at least acknowledges the insult Tails landed at him. 

I was curious about how the banter(and/or if it'll even qualify as that) would be handled in this game, as it's another dealbreaker/maker for the setup.

24 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I’m getting curious about the budget of the game at this point...

I'm not an expert on the matter, but just going off what little I've seen, I doubt it was remotely high.

• Thumbs Up 1