Awoo.

Super Smash Bros Evo Bayonetta Controversy

KHCast

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

However, I just think especially with the Smash elitists attitude in general when it comes to this game  even outside this competitive stuff, on top of these events, it just kinda came off as something where both sides are at fault and got a bit immature and toxic, and really put on blast the entire community and was an embarrassing moment where no one won

I mean, I'm still not actually sure what the fanbase did to react to it. But I can get why they'd be pissed off with this, at the very least, those who paid to go to EVO to see what many have said is Smash 4's final "hurrah". EVO tickets aren't cheap, nor is the cost or expense to get there and stay there for the full duration. Again, it's practically the equivalent of going to watch a movie, only for the projectionist to began messing with the positioning of the projector and/or putting another movie on for a laugh. Sure, there's other viewings of the movie, but I also paid money to get in to see this viewing. I didn't pay for the projectionist to fuck around and have a giggle to himself while wasting the time and/or enjoyment of the audience. 

It's the same thing here. These people came to see seasoned and experienced fighters playing to the best of their ability in intense match-ups. They came to see a lot of skill, possibly things they could pick up for their own gameplay, and overall seeing how good others are at the game. It isn't my cup of tea and I don't think there's any fighting games I could personally give a shit about competitively so I can't even speak at length at what people were expecting, or even pretend to say I know the issue at length, but if I paid to seemingly have the games thrown and have the competitors act like complete jackasses for their own amusement, I would be very pissed about it.

I guess the money factor is one I keep looking over. Which definitely is a fair point when people are making travel plans, arranging schedules around it long in advance, etc. again, I feel had they used Bayonetta and simply treated it like any competitive match, and not dicked around, this would have probably not been nearly as bad as it ended up being. I mean I was seeing a few fucking death threats on Twitter and just disdain for anyone that was a bayo user. Can’t imagine how the Smash forums were handling 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I mean I was seeing a few fucking death threats on Twitter and just disdain for anyone that was a bayo user. Can’t imagine how the Smash forums were handling 

Alright, see this is the point where the actions of the community at large is called into play and becomes a lot more dubious. Now I can see where the Smash community is going way too far and being toxic. But again, that could be a vocal minority. I'm not largely into the Smash community so I personally don't know.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

I mean I was seeing a few fucking death threats on Twitter and just disdain for anyone that was a bayo user.

Dude it's Twitter. 

Like come on man, what the fuck are you expecting from Twitter. Happy sunshines and rainbows? Facebook, Twitter, hell even Youtube are full of biggest assholes you'll ever see. And you should know that by now if you use the internet regularly. It should not surprise you at all and if you're expecting anything positive from those social media sites regarding any announcement or event (like the Bayonetta thing) then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

And by all means, if you want to turn competitive on Smash eventually then don't let the assholes in the scene prevent that @KHCast, but don't expect to find every player to be all happy smiles and positivity and shit like that because it's NOT like that. Competition brings the worst out of the human being, and videogames aren't excluded. It's the nature of the competition. You're there to win, not to have fun. If you want to have fun then go to local tournaments or something small. 

And SonicFox ruins every game he touches because he's so good but damn it makes competitions so boring. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

24 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

positivity and shit like that because it's NOT like that. Competition brings the worst out of the human being, and videogames aren't excluded. It's the nature of the competition. You're there to win, not to have fun. If you want to have fun then go to local tournaments or something small. 

Yeah but athletes don’t at least immaturely stop playing the game and talking to their opponents casually because the audience was booing them and throwing shit at them(not literally throwing stuff at them, I just mean throwing excessive shade that borderlines what I feel is felt normal competition comebacks and shit talk) . That’s what I’m talking about. Toxic immature attitude on BOTH sides. Like look I know the internet is shit, but that doesn’t mean I should just be okay with it just cause it happens commonly in the world. Otherwise I should  be fine with and not upset with seeing racism, homophobia and other toxic attitudes that exist in the world. 

Also like maybe calm down a bit and not get fucking upset that I’m not personally desensitized to this attitude to the point of waving it off and moving on at seeing it crop up? Shit hitting the fan is still shit hitting the fan whether it happens often or not. We shouldn’t just grow complacent to this attitude, least imo. There’s natural competition and typical jabs and shit talk to one another because of that, and then there’s toxicity like this, involving death threats, extremely agressive nature, immature responses from those participating in these events, etc

There is noting wrong with not like toxic stuff in the world. That is a good attitude to have. But at the same time thinking it will go away or stop is just not really anything that is going to happen anytime soon. I would say anytime in bold but you know what i mean. As stated above in all sports the point is to win. Not make friends, not playful back and forth but to top your opposite team. In video games most high level scenes are super toxic when you peel off the top layer. The ONLY reason you do not see it in sports much anymore is cause of fines. Such as excessive field goal celebrations taunting the other team. I admit growing up it was funny to me to see this but over time into recent years people saw it as being mean and coaxing so they started fines. But lately they started to tone back that ruling when money started to shrink, cause honestly many like seeing that sort of thing oddly enough i think,,,,,,no idea just seems like it. Again not saying you have to get over it but for many they have just become casual towards it. Hell i mean i remember the first time I heard the n word online lol boy those were the days. Sure at first it was a shock but now i just laugh when i hear someone say it like 4 times before a match like why should i string out or flip out. Let the other person make themselves look dumb. But this smash scene was both silly and typical even more so. Look at it like the pokemon go incident like what a year or 2 ago? You pay several hundred to go out there to see a great match and you get a circus instead. :o