Awoo.

Sonic Manga Translations

Marco9966

Hi! I just found these faboulous mangas translated http://sonicdashandspin.smackjeeves.com

These are from the early days (Sonic Adventure days) and they remind very much of Boom-Colors-Lost World humor. (turns out Pontaff and Sonic Boom are not the first ones to do comedy Sonic huh).

UNFORTUNATELY, this site only has volume 1. So if anybody has translations of volume 2 I'd be very grateful!!

This is all I found about volume 2, so I wish someone would link some translations of the full volume: 08b68b9784ce98e7fbd1d6193871e343586465e6ff7ed1887069b46c5875d874899cc64aef293555

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

(turns out Pontaff and Sonic Boom are not the first ones to do comedy Sonic huh). 

Well, I think that we already knew that, as Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog was released basically 17 years before the first Pontaff Sonic games 😛 (and there might be things even older)

The background characters seem to be completely in a comedic manga style with little to no Sonic influences. This really does look like the Japanese AoSTH...

I’d like to see another Japanese adaptation of the series after Dengeki’s manga. 

I really like Virtua Eggman’s design. And it uses a GCN controller! And Sonic finishes it off with Guile’s signature attack. The trick with the shark was cool too.

”It’s an ASS TORNADO!” is up there with “Caterkiller Reception Commitee” in terms of underrated Sonic quotes.

2 minutes ago, 100Rings said:

It really does seem to me that Shiro Maekawa was the only official Sonic writer that took the character seriously.

Him and the SA1 writer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dash and Spin have been known for a good, good while now, even if not translated up to recently. 

Unlike the 1992 Manga which seems to have been made as its own thing*, Dash and Spin looks like it was trying to ape Super Mario-Kun, and failing quite miserably. It mustn't have done that well either if it only got two volumes. 

*Well, it was trying to compete with it, but it had a very different style to it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/15/2018 at 8:55 PM, silvereye27 said:

I had no idea there was ever a Sonic manga. Will need to give this a read, I'm curious now.

There were many. The last ones being game adaptations in Dengeki’s Nintendo DS

8 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Dash and Spin have been known for a good, good while now, even if not translated up to recently. 

Unlike the 1992 Manga which seems to have been made as its own thing, Dash and Spin looks like it was trying to ape Super Mario-Kun, and failing quite miserably. It mustn't have done that well either if it only got two volumes. 

Yeah. I think this might have killed Sonic manga, as after the Dengeki adaptations there has been nothing, other than Sonic team’s 1-page webcomics. 

This image here.

Top notch.

Blessed image.

10/10

ff7ed1887069b46c5875d874899cc64aef293555v2_hq-1.jpg

As a side note, I also never heard of this manga until today.

This has been a good find.