Awoo.

Kim Possible Live Action (2019)

KHCast

So this is happening. Umm not sure how to feel on it yet. Kim looks a bit younger than I was thinking she would. Like she looks 12. Idk I’m not holding out I guess or anything. My optimism is pretty low given its current Disney channel dealing with this, and their live actions films have been pretty meh to bleh lately. I also feel like this was a bit too late to the gold rush. They should have done this around the 2000’s around the time when the show was ending. Now it just seems out of nowhere.

Thoughts?

• Nice Smile 1

Ooooh boy I’m not liking the looks of this. 

Definitely would’ve preferred like a animated movie finale like So the Drama as opposed to random live action adapt.

• Nice Smile 1

I honestly think this movie is just gonna be another crappy take on a Disney Channel cartoon. The new Kim looks way too young and this movie just came out of nowhere. Like @KHCast said, this would've been good if it was announced around the time the cartoon ended. I'm not the kind to believe that jumping to conclusions to judge movies before they're even released good due to previous experiences, so we're just gonna have to see if it's good when it's released.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Well, it's nice to see that Nostalgia Wave is slowly creeping into early 2000s, you know, something pandering to MY GENERATION for a change. Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, now Kim. A little further and I finally should get something Danny Phantom related.

...oh right, the movie. I expect it to be bad.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

I’m just baffled at the fact they went with this girl to play her. I mean how often have we gotten like 18-early 20 year olds playing high school characters in movies and it still working? I don’t see why the one time that would have REALLY benefited a movie like this, they went with a girl that, while she is 15-16, looks MUCH younger. And side note, I kinda cringed at hearing her say “so what’s the sitch”. It sounded really forced tbh...

No thanks, I'd rather see this animated... I will only see it if they get the Boy Meets World dude who voiced Ron Stoppable to be live Ron Stoppable.

• Nice Smile 1

I really don't wanna see a live-action naked mole rat to play Rufus. That alone should be enough to tell this movie should not exist.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

What is it with Disney and Live-Action adaptations? I mean, hey, I love animation, but there's a transition here that doesn't match...

I can already see it, they just pick from their pool of Disney Channel actors to make the made-for-TV film, everyone plays kind of awkwardly, and it ends up as a slap in the original show's face. As they do with these films.

I swear to god they better leave Proud Family the fuck alone if this is any indication of how they’re gonna treat old franchises like this 

anyway side note, considering the scrapped plans for Kim to show up in Disney Infinity, and this happening, wonder if they’re legit trying to bring back this franchise....

kimpossiblesummonforkh3maybe? 

Oh my God, that was hilarious. The way that toddler said "So what'ssa sitch" like she was slurring out her line from the flimsy script she read for the first time a second ago. 

This is gonna be a funny Youtube parody series of what would happen if someone cynically thought Disney would ever actually make a live-action Kim Possible. Perish the thought.

I'm hyped.

• 4 months later...