Sign in to follow this  
Sean

The Last Remnant Remastered (PS4, Dec. 6 2018)

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/10/the-last-remnant-remastered-announced-for-ps4-with-new-elements-and-engine/

Square Enix announced that their 2008 RPG The Last Remnant is coming back with The Last Remnant Remastered as a digital title on PlayStation 4 this December in Japan.

You can check out a new teaser trailer below:

OLD OP: The Last Remnant is being taken off Steam on September 4th

https://steamcommunity.com/games/23310/announcements/detail/1709566654679120493

Hi everyone,

We will soon be discontinuing digital and physical sales of The Last Remnant on PC. 

Sales will cease at the times below:-

Japan region: Wednesday 5th September, approximately 2:00 (JST)
NA region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 10:00(PDT)
EU region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 17:00(GMT)

Anyone already owning the game will still be able to play as per usual.

Thanks to everyone who’s adventured with the Mitras, Yamas, Qsitis and Sovanis!

No one knows why apparently.

I don't know much about this game, just its name on and off over the years, but I'm thinking about grabbing it ($10 is chump change), but I'm still interested in hearing whether anyone here has played it and what they think of it. And for those who are interested in playing it, now's your last chance as far as PC goes.

Edited by Sean

I don't remember any particular licences tied around this title, but i do know it always had a trouble development cycle, being originally released on the Xbox 360 and since then had a PS3 version planned that was never released and was still listed as TBA on the Square-Enix website until some time ago.

If i have to hazard a guess, maybe a remaster is coming and they're pulling away the current version due to being too obsolete, but i'm not entirely sure.

Game's getting nuked within the next few hours, so just in case there's someone who intended on buying it, now's your last literal chance. I grabbed it yesterday (after nearly forgetting) and actually am thinking about giving it a shot soon to see how I like it.

inb4 remaster

On 9/4/2018 at 7:44 AM, Sean said:

inb4 remaster

well boy do I have some completely shocking news for you

The Last Remnant is being remastered!  The only platform announced so far is PS4 it seems.

Between this and Tales of Vesperia Remastered, Playstation players from last gen must be pretty happy.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/the-last-remnant-remastered-announced-for-ps4
Yeah, i'm expecting this to be localized soon enough and to also be avaible on PC. The only 2 major games that i remember did something like this were Dark Souls and Duke Nukem 3D, although in both cases the pulling down of the old version happened simoltaneusly with the release of the new one. Square just seems to have burned the bridges a bit earlier, but one possible clue is that it seems it's using a new engine altogether. Make sense, the UE3 has been outdated for a long time now.
Also, it seems to be digital-only for Japan, so don't expect physical editions for an eventual PS4 western edition.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/the-last-remnant-remastered-coming-west-on-december-6

Wow, that was quick, lol. But yeah, digital only, 20 bucks, PC version of this remaster probably later in 2019. Apparently the reason the original version was pulled from Steam was the licensing of Unreal Engine 3, hence why they chose a new engine and basically rebuilt the game from that.

Guess i'll take this. I have the original on PC, but this will probably have better performance and trophies.