Awoo.

Is/was Sonic getting the Goku treatment?

Mountaindewandsprite

29 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

I am referring to Episode Shadow where it is implied that Shadow at the least spent three months in Infinite's prison (though Forces does seem to juggle the plot point a little)

There is no implication of that what's so ever. Shadow brakes out like 50 seconds after the illusion is created, infinite in an unintentional bit of actual good story telling that actually gives infinite the glimpses of a character with some form of consistency understands that this isn't a good situation activates the self destruct on the base and bails. 

That's it. 

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

He's pointing out how the DLC implies Shadow escapes around the same time Sonic reaches the City to face the Eggy Six in the first place.

Thus, the assumption that Shadow was preoccupied for the next six months trying to deal with the Phantom Ruby himself and potentially falling into the same trap but possibly stronger, only to return halfway through the story to vouch for how powerful it is is simply the easiest way to explain his absence.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded both if they actually took steps towards actually blending them together in the story proper.

10 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Yeah the assumption is actually pretty good too as it would fit his character to not to sit on the sidelines like most other characters in Sonic forces, again I might hate shadow as I feel he is overrated and overpraised but it would give credit to his character thinking that he was doing something else in the meantime perhaps trying to find a weakness in the Phantom Ruby which is more in line with shadows more proactive stance

There is no assumption, this a narrative where silver just forgets he has telekensis, classic sonic just shows up for no reason, tails can't fight chaos zero a illusion that he would have actually beaten in one hit if he would have tried. And sonic despite being told he can't punch the bad guy in the face... just punches the bad guy in the face and solves the issue. There really isn't any explanation besides plot contrivance because that's what the entire " narrative " is , plot contrivance after plot contrivance to try and make infinite look threatening and ultimately failing.

Heck, There are plot contrivances that invalidate you trying to make this explanation invalid. Infinite. If Shadow was doing research, why didn't he contact anyone the moment that the shadow clones showed up. Seeing clones of himself should have keyed him in on infinite power because shadow knows infinite can create illusions, and those showed up day one. So if shadow knows infinite can create illusions... and he see's fake shadow.... it shouldn't have taken over half a year. Infinite is a Like rouge calling up shadow and going " WTF are you evil " and him going " No those things literally aren't me infinite has some sort of illusion cloning ability " not only would have helped the resistance solve the problem, it would have taken the entire mystique out of infinite. Shadow literally does not show up and can't show up because , shadow could just punch the bad guy and him showing up has to reveal infinite power. The story and infinite are written so poorly that shadow has to not show up until mid game for the story to function and for infinite to be threatening. It was literally they were designing a game really fast, couldn't come up with a story reason why shadow showing up wouldn't ruin the story and decided to just keep him out for no reason. That's it. You are trying to come with an explanation, the explanation is " Its bad" 

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

That's it. You are trying to come with an explanation, the explanation is " Its bad" 

Still even so Shadow is still the most competent out of everyone in Forces so that is still at the very least something.

I will take something over nothing concerning Forces much less Shadow considering my feelings about him.

Otherwise i would just put Shadow on a bus, set said bus on fire, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show :D

So any compliment I can give to him in any game is preferable methinks for those who have put him on their pedestal.

22 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Still even so Shadow is still the most competent out of everyone in Forces so that is still at the very least something.

I will take something over nothing concerning Forces much less Shadow considering my feelings about him.

Otherwise i would just put Shadow on a bus, set said bus on fire, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show :D

So any compliment I can give to him in any game is preferable methinks for those who have put him on their pedestal.

I'm a shadow fan so I have issue saying that he was due to his absence just as incompetent as everyone. Everyone in that game are either incompetent or implied to be, even sonic himself. That games narrative just sorta occurs. 

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

That games narrative just sorta occurs.

Thus is Forces biggest tragedy, on paper it sounds awesome but in execution its piss poor.

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Thus is Forces biggest tragedy, on paper it sounds awesome but in execution its piss poor.

I don't think it sounds awesome on paper, because the OG script was bad. 

It sounds awesome in its basest concept, because not even execution but rather the formation of the idea beyond a vague premise before it was executed was bad. There are much more interesting ways to handle a character who can create illusions, and they literally did none of it.

It sounds awesome, in passing as a vague idea you heard

20 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well I think they may have had some building plans but maybe some of the blueprints got flushed down the toilet :D

We know that, or at least can speculate. The original game got denied apparently, and they picked up the pieces and made what we know as forces. So , yeah that exact thing happened.  

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

There is no implication of that what's so ever. Shadow brakes out like 50 seconds after the illusion is created, infinite in an unintentional bit of actual good story telling that actually gives infinite the glimpses of a character with some form of consistency understands that this isn't a good situation activates the self destruct on the base and bails. 

That's it. 

There is no assumption

Oh, so apparently our assumption about where Shadow might've been doesn't exist and thus this argument hasn't actually happening then?

Good logical'in dare, Mista. Graysonn.

1 hour ago, MadmanRB said:

Pretty much.

32 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, so apparently our assumption about where Shadow might've been doesn't exist and thus this argument hasn't actually happening then?

Good logical'in dare, Mista. Graysonn.

I"m sorry. What I meant is, there is no room for assumption. The story is so terrible that it destroys trying to apply logic to it.  There is no room for your assumption, because of my explanation above this one about rouge or shadow literally talking for two seconds to solve a problem that went on for half a year. 

Another example is " These clones are too powerful, they are taking everyone out" 

Then proceeded to have a battle scene where characters are literally taking them out by the dozen like they are nothing invalidating everything set up previously and bringing into question how eggman took over anything

The story seems to actively fights trying to explain it. Its almost as if the game itself is like " Yo , just move on past me, its not even worth it man"