Awoo.

TGS 2018 (9/20 - 9/23)

KHCast

So The Tokyo Game Show is once again upon us this year, and with it the excitement of seeing more on games we’re anticipating, as well as a host of new game announcements as well! A lot of the big name Japanese companies will be making their appearances, including the likes of Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, etc.

Capcoms Schedule

Square Enix’s Schedule

If anyone else can post the other schedules, that’d be great!

Games to watch out for:

Death Stranding: Kojima’s highly anticipated title is set to appear here, so expect another weird time, that probably won’t answer anything. Looking forward to this one

Ace Attorney: I’m not all that familiar with the franchise, but everyone seems to be expecting big things from this years TGS regarding this franchise so here’s hoping for the best 

Sonic Racing: I’m not sure what Sega possibly have in store here, but Sonic for sure I’m expecting to be a focus 

Persona Q2: the only other franchise Sega seems to be giving much attention to outside Sonic and Yakuza. A more in depth look at the latest installment for the 3DS game is what I’m hoping for. Some more gameplay would be ideal given we’ve seen s bunch of stuff lately regarding the story.

Smash Bros Ultimate: it’s a safe assumption to guess Smash will show up here with a demo. Possibly a trailer if the direct doesn’t end up having one.

Jump Force: Kinda speaks for itself being a game focusing of Japanese manga characters haha but yeah, this’ll probably show up with a new reveal or something

Final Fantasy XV Season pass 2: a lot of discussion has been revolving around this one, apparently a lot of big story elements are going to be added, and I’m interested to see how else they add onto the game. 

FFXV pocket edition: yeah that’s a thing.

Spyro trilogy: possibly? I’m not sure if this game has been on the radar in Japan or not. Iirc crash remastered was at TGS, so perhaps Spyro will be there too this year!

Kingdom Hearts III: Definitely probably going to be one of the highlights of the event this year. It’s Square’s big selling lead title for the event, and there’s a lot they seem ready to drop. A trailer has been confirmed, and I think we all know what’s coming up: Big Hero fucking 6, after 3 years of waiting since its announcement at the 2015 Disney expo, will finally be getting shown off. Expecting that along with a pre order date for the limited edition PS4 finally.

if there’s any games I’m leaving out, let me know!

• Thumbs Up 2

Konami's schedule (try not to laugh)
Arc System Works' schedule
Bandai Namco's schedule
Koei Tecmo's schedule
GungHo Online Entertainment's schedule

Also, there's a Death Stranding stage event planned, so expect more from that.
Seems SEGA is the only one missing the party for the moment, but i'm sure they'll show up.

• Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Spyro trilogy: possibly? I’m not sure if this game has been on the radar in Japan or not. Iirc crash remastered was at TGS, so perhaps Spyro will be there too this year!

I doubt it, since Spyro's never been that popular in Japan, mostly because their versions of Spyro 1 and 2 (they never got 3) were horrid.

Slower controls & awful camera are to blame.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm expecting Bandai to finally reveal Android 17 for DBFZ, as well as perhaps a 2nd season of DLC.

We could also get more info on the new Guilty Gear project ASW mentioned at EVO.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wanna know the fate of the Danganronpa series at this point. A while back, Spike Chunsoft was hiring for 3D modellers for a new spinoff game, and with V3 leaving us with an unsatisfactory ending, I could use some answers soon.

Hopefully TGS will give us an announcement since the last Danganronpa game was revealed years in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

Ace Attorney: I’m not all that familiar with the franchise, but everyone seems to be expecting big things from this years TGS regarding this franchise so here’s hoping for the best 

Yeah, Capcom said that this would be a big year for Ace Attorney fans.....yet most of the year has passed. This better be big.

If ATLUS could come out with any information about Shin Megami Tensei V, considering they've been silent on their flagship franchise for a bit over a year, that'd be great.

Otherwise, I want to know about Death Stranding and Persona Q2. I'm really looking to finally know more about those two.

Oh something else also KH related that will probably show up is Union Cross, since apparently the new world reveal for that game isn’t far off. My bets are still on it being Wreck it Ralph.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:43 AM, KHCast said:

Oh something else also KH related that will probably show up is Union Cross, since apparently the new world reveal for that game isn’t far off. My bets are still on it being Wreck it Ralph.

The Big Hero 6 world has been announced, with a single picture for it too, but never actually shown off. Dare I say, it could be that, since it hasn't been talked about in what feels like forever?

1 hour ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

The Big Hero 6 world has been announced, with a single picture for it too, but never actually shown off. Dare I say, it could be that, since it hasn't been talked about in what feels like forever?

They already confirmed the Union Cross world wouldn’t be a world in KH3 and would be brand new to the whole KH series

6 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

They already confirmed the Union Cross world wouldn’t be a world in KH3 and would be brand new to the whole KH series

What the hell, I actually got that prediction right.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:40 AM, KHCast said:

Kingdom Hearts III: Definitely probably going to be one of the highlights of the event this year. It’s Square’s big selling lead title for the event, and there’s a lot they seem ready to drop. A trailer has been confirmed, and I think we all know what’s coming up: Big Hero fucking 6, after 3 years of waiting since its announcement at the 2015 Disney expo, will finally be getting shown off. Expecting that along with a pre order date for the limited edition PS4 finally.

Well that got shot in the fucking foot after today lol. I’m assuming they have like 2 more Disney world reveals, and will use TGS sand Jump Festa to reveal them. 

2 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

What the hell, I actually got that prediction right.

? Wait is BH6 the Union Cross world?

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well that got shot in the fucking foot after today lol. I’m assuming they have like 2 more Disney world reveals, and will use TGS sand Jump Festa to reveal them. 

? Wait is BH6 the Union Cross world?

Oh sorry, no, I meant as in they would show off the Big Hero 6 world. I say “They'll probably show it, my guess,” and then they show it off.

I must've created some confusion there, I'm sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Oh sorry, no, I meant as in they would show off the Big Hero 6 world. I say “They'll probably show it, my guess,” and then they show it off.

I must've created some confusion there, I'm sorry.

Oh okay. Were you referring to TGS or the pre PlayStation event in your prediction? Cause TGS hasn’t started yet technically