Awoo.

'SONIC VILLAINS' Fan Film: A Celebration of the Franchise in the Most EVIL Way Possible

Miitoons

On 9/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Miitoons said:

I'm finally ready to talk about this: I'M DEVELOPING A SONIC FAN FILM!!

Sonic Villains

follows Eggman after the events of Sonic Forces as he uses the last of the mysterious Phantom Ruby to gather villains across EVERY SONIC UNIVERSE to regain control, and destroy Sonic in the craziest battle he's faced yet.

image.png.195d3374a8d7380564a2d7a175841f76.png

The film is estimated to be around 25-45 minutes of crazy fight scenes, comedy, and surprises! I've found things to love and appreciate from all corners of the Sonic franchise, no matter the faults inbetween. This film is a celebration of it ALL.

The concept for the film started around at the beginning of 2017 with storyboards and concept sketches ( Before the Phantom Ruby wasn't involved, but as we learned more about Forces, it made even more sense to bring it into this. ) But after days worth of input on who the fanbase's fav. villains were, I knew exactly the who to make apart of this interdimensional smackdown!  8 Ball Pool Google Hangouts Omegle

181757350_SonicVillainsLogo.thumb.png.a37fa7a068262b18bd258a07401f17a6.png

There is no concrete release date as of now, as anything can interfere with a project like this, but with a definite understanding of the work involved and how long the fanboy in me has wanted to tell a story like this, I don't see me cancelling this down the line ONE BIT. I want to share progress on the film as it happens, hence me making this topic! The story's already been written out in its entirety, and I'm SO HYPED for this project!!

Feel free to ask me anything about the project! I'll answer all that I can to be as upront and honest with y'all as possible! I've also got a Twitter for the project you can follow here! https://twitter.com/SonicVillains

I adore the thought! Good fortunes with your task.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:26 PM, Wraith said:

Your art is wonderful and you have the animation chops to back it up too going by that test. I really cant wait to see more of this. The pictures you posted are insanely expressive and convey a lot of motion. Even the design for that original character is eyecatching. Chalk me up as interested. I regret not checking this topic sooner. 

Thanks so much Wraith!

I've got some colored animation examples too, like this lil' fan animation I made to celebrate the IDW Comics.

As well as this scene from the old Kirby anime I redid as part of a fun Kirby Anime Reanimation project going on!

And Tekno's actually official! She comes from the Fleetway Sonic The Comic magazine (The same comics that crazy Super Sonic comes from.), which ran for few years back in the 90s. She's a really fun character, and plays a big role in Villains' story! Here's some pics of her from the comics:

235830245_19Tekno.thumb.jpg.09d33e3c3d893f5860f749e1616f745b.jpg

http://read.ukprintarchive.com/Egmont%20Fleetway/Licensed%20Comics/Sonic%20The%20Comic/Sonic%20The%20Comic/Sonic%20the%20Comic%20-%20Issue%20139.cbr/10.jpg

16.thumb.jpg.c6e27037ea4c6471bb8c598a201fa644.jpg

I'm updating my official website with a Sonic Villains section that'll have more info on her and one other character from the UK Comics that'll be tagging along with her. It should be up and running as we reach the middle of the month.

Here's some of the character icons for the site!

5380568_CoconutsIcon.png.b10aa5961b3d6938c34719f8c6c2f784.png728786693_BoomShadowIcon.png.cf6f899947625e646f29936072ccf755.png1281965057_TeknoIcon.png.6ea50af19ca7addd6a2472c814d46df1.png48690376_Dr.EggmanIcon.png.4b97de7185e7e1673af229534f55ef9a.png

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

This is awesome! Sara makes an odd amount of sense given her role in piloting Mecha Robotnik as Eggy's "hostage", 😆

and I'm ecstatic to see Tekno make her first leap from print to motion picture! Probably my favorite character to come from Fleetway's neck of the franchise.

I love the comic exaggeration in the profiles, the size of the Piko Hammers, and Cream's (adorable) ears really make those characters standout among the crowd.

(Heh, Catty Carlise)

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, your scene in the Kirby Reanimated Collab is so good. I wanted to join the project but missed my chance. 

I'm really excited by the ambition of this project. I can't wait to see what more this has in store. I can't help but feel that since all of the villains come from different Sonic Realities in the Sonic Multiverse that we're going to be doing a lot of dimension hopping and seeing damn near close to everything in Sonic's catalogue. That also has me going to one more thing.

Please tell me that the Sonic Manga Hedgehog Town and Anton Veruca and his gang of bullies get some time in the limelight. They're not referenced often, but they're  neat little obscure things you know. 

On 10/16/2018 at 3:09 AM, LongcrierCat said:

Oh wow, your scene in the Kirby Reanimated Collab is so good. I wanted to join the project but missed my chance. 

I'm really excited by the ambition of this project. I can't wait to see what more this has in store. I can't help but feel that since all of the villains come from different Sonic Realities in the Sonic Multiverse that we're going to be doing a lot of dimension hopping and seeing damn near close to everything in Sonic's catalogue. That also has me going to one more thing.

Please tell me that the Sonic Manga Hedgehog Town and Anton Veruca and his gang of bullies get some time in the limelight. They're not referenced often, but they're  neat little obscure things you know. 

We will absolutely be doing some traveling here, and That's when some of my favorite moments from the script are from. Can't wait to get to animating those bits.

It's funny, cuz earlier, I was trying to think of a good tagline for the fanfilm that summed up what the general premise is. Nintendo took the "Everyone/thing is Here." slogan. So considering this being a fan-sequel to Forces, seemed only fitting that the tagline would be that:

"NOW, THE FUN IS INFINITE."

Manga Sonic will definitely have some prescence here!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I have one final question: Will the most important Sonic incarnation get the attention it deserves?

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, FOLKS!!

Next line of news, the official Sonic Villains Youtube Channel is now up n' running, and is being kicked off with a new teaser trailer in the form of a Transmission to the villains from good ol' Dr. E himself ( Voiced by Yours Truly! ). Give it a look n' listen!

Now to get into some final October-day spookiness, our final mainline villains can be revealed with a new poster!

IMG_20181031_185710.thumb.jpg.189a77d24ad2d689b3a1b56a3a09d278.jpg

SONIC.EXE & THE TAILS DOLL

Now, I'd planned for a fun little animated short for these guys' reveal, but due to some more business-oriented art gigs taking up my time, the short will now debut sometime this November!

In it, you'll find out how Orbot and Rosy the Rascal ( A.K.A. the insane Anti-Amy Rose from the Archie Comics )briefly meet E.X.E. for the first time! Due to this being planned before all the current actors were cast, E.X.E. himself will be voiced by me, but he'll be officially be voiced by the awesome LandyRS in the film itself!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Bloody hell, this starts feeling like announcements for Smash Bros roster

"Tails Doll, feels the sunshine in the battle"

• Chuckle 1

Now THAT is a scary Sonic, for actually looking like something that comes from the Sonic world for once.

Killer job as Eggman, dude. You're pretty close to sounding like Mike.

That said, oh, boy, not Sonic.EXE and the Tails Doll. Something tells me our heroes are in for a spooky time with them hanging around.

• 3 months later...

Hey y'all! Been awhile since I've posted over here! I've got some short lil' previews of the film just to show what's being worked on now! ( A full trailer should come a tad later on! ) First up we got ourselves a familiar scene featuring the Peaceful Water God That Can't Catch A Freakin' Break- Chaos!

In early animation tests, I was always having trouble getting Chaos' scaley texture just right. It's a challenge taking that many scales and making 2d animation out of it without it taking FOREVER to draw. I think I've found a good middle ground bwtween detail and visual clarity with this initial eye shot.

Next up is a lil' somethin' to fit into the loving month of Febuary! Remember that love for yourself &/or the friends & family around you is just as if not more important than romantic relationships! Now somebody tell Sara that before she loses her mind.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its the day of Valentines, so I thought I'd share a lil shot from a scene in the film that felt right for today. ( I cannot wait for y'all to see how this moves. The proudest I've been on a piece of animation BY FAR. )IMG_20190214_171811.thumb.jpg.f14002f886ef4c0a7654dbcc8180b519.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question if you can answer this, if not i understand as it could be spoilers, but will the main shadow be in the film or is it just boom shadow?

• 9 months later...

How's the project going? It's been a while (I hope it comes out next year. We could use good Sonic movie in 2020)

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone! Alot of big things have been happening since I last posted here, so its time for some updates!

To "celebrate" that meddlesome hedgehog's anniversary, Eggman & the main cast of the #SonicVillains fanfilm ( minus the heroes ) will be answering your questions!!

Post them below & they might be answered around the time of Sonic's 29th! Until then, enjoy this intro video!

The cast for this video ( & their Twitter handles ) include:

@ArionMiitoons ( yours truly ) - Eggman, Orbot, Coconuts, Ixis Naugus, Sleet, Dingo, Dark Oak & Boom Shadow

@TrevZed - Cubot & Infinite

@TiaToony - Rosy 

@abluemoon88 - Sara 

@LandyRS - Scourge

@AnthonyLoGatto- Grounder

Gabriel Calderin- Scratch