Awoo.

Nintendo publishing Sonic Rush Adventure in Korea

Detective Shadzter

3856843974_5b64677398.jpg

Just found this at SEGA Nerds. Posted this topic here as it's an upcoming game in Korea. If you SSMB Staff guys feel it is still more relevant in Sonic Discussion feel free to move it.

Nintendo are going to be publishing Nintendo DS Sonic game Sonic Rush Adventure in Korea. No info is known as to why but if you want a copy it is out September 17th this year in that area.

I can't think of any reason why SEGA would have Nintendo publish this game, its all very confusing. Surely this entitles Nintendo to more money off the game than SEGA?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Candescence

• Blue Blood

• Marcello

• Phos

Nintendo has a habit of publishing titles in territories where their original pubs won't. Normally when it comes to the EU, such as Trauma Center: New Blood, though, but there are notable exceptions, such as Mega Man 6 in the US, for starters.

Edited by The Sniper

I'd be curious to see how they handle Marine's dialogue. May be the first time "bugger" appears in a Nintendo-published game. :P

A strange move for sure, and it's certainly a peculiar sight to see a Sonic boxart with a SEGA nowhere in sight. I'm sure it won't amount to anything much for the rest of the world, though.

As I said, Nintendo does this sort of thing all the time, even back during the NES days, another reason why they're awesome. ;)

I'd be curious to see how they handle Marine's dialogue. May be the first time "bugger" appears in a Nintendo-published game. :P

They don't really have to change her dialog, "bugger" is only offensive in the British dialect which gave SRA a +12 rating there.

The games just coming out there?! o.O It took 2 years? Why?! But somehow I don't find it strange that Nintendo is publishing it. I thought they publish all games for their consoles. But I guees I got that confused with licensing..

For trivia's sake, "bugger" was used in Luigi's Mansion anyway. X3

For trivia's sake, "bugger" was used in Luigi's Mansion anyway. X3

And in Pokemon Diamond(And I'm guessing Pokemon Pearl as well, since they're techically the same game).

Though I am a bit surprised by this, since I didn't know Nintendo would publish a Sonic game in a territory that SEGA wouldn't. I didn't know they did that with anyone. I'm tempted to get this game so I can hear what Sonic sounds like in Korea....

Super :lol: Lombax

The games just coming out there?! o.O It took 2 years? Why?! But somehow I don't find it strange that Nintendo is publishing it. I thought they publish all games for their consoles. But I guees I got that confused with licensing..

Nintendo have to license all the games released for their systems. However, any company can publish one. That's what you'll be getting mixed up. SEGA itself is mostly a publisher and their subsidiaries make titles.

A Sonic game being published by Nintendo. Haha, weird.

In before Shadi comes in fuming about how the world's coming to an end since Nintendo the Devil is publishing a Sonic game. :P

This is incredible news, hope this continues and will lead to even bigger results (like Nintendo devloping a Sonic game as an example). :D

This is the first time ANY other company but Sega's published a Sonic game anywhere correct?

Despite being published by Nintendo, they'd still have all the SEGA logos and what-not appearing before the title screen, right? Otherwise it gives people false information on who developed it. XD

It differed by region. I think Nintendo published it in Japan, and SEGA everywhere else. I just check my box for it (Wii version) and it was published by SEGA.

In before Shadi comes in fuming about how the world's coming to an end since Nintendo the Devil is publishing a Sonic game. :P

This is incredible news, hope this continues and will lead to even bigger results (like Nintendo devloping a Sonic game as an example). :D

This is the first time ANY other company but Sega's published a Sonic game anywhere correct?

I don't think so. This isn't exactly anything new. Like others have said, Nintendo often publishes games in regions where companies like SEGA won't or can't.

You're a idiot if you think this means anything

SEGA korea got shutdown in 2008

It's very similar to when THQ was publishing the Sonic Advance games for the US, did THQ ever actually get to develop one? Nope

Edited by ShadikatRawr

...it's a freakin' Korean localization. Adding stuff that the English and Jap folks haven't already got would simply be idiotic. It won't go beyond a few bugfixes and exploit fixes, I can pretty much guarantee you that.

...it's a freakin' Korean localization. Adding stuff that the English and Jap folks haven't already got would simply be idiotic. It won't go beyond a few bugfixes and exploit fixes, I can pretty much guarantee you that.

They can't even do that much. Otherwise the online play would be screwed up.