Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Switch, Halloween 2019

Ryannumber1gamer

I gotta wonder what kind of a crazyass director that Morty fellow is to look at Luigi and think "yes, you're perfect to play a kaiju!"

• Chuckle 1

I'm guessing this game is planned for October, but they're not fully certain if it'll be ready then, so that's why they haven't announced a date yet.

Anyway, this game is looking a lot better. There's so much other games I want more, though, so I'm not getting it right away. But its definitely one I'm looking at for later.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if that encounter with King Boo seen in the trailer is surprisingly early in the game, since it'd be very strange to show off the final boss fight in like, the second trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I wonder if that encounter with King Boo seen in the trailer is surprisingly early in the game, since it'd be very strange to show off the final boss fight in like, the second trailer.

Maybe there will be times where he chases you at moments throughout the game kinda like Mr. X from Resident Evil 2. 

• Thumbs Up 6

14 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Do you want it to be Boohemoth?

image.thumb.png.94b66d42baeaa6cce12400aa0f502917.png

This is a good opportunity you know.

Anyone but a Boo. Let the new ghosts do all the dirty work this time. : X

@Chili Dawg Well, he isn't a monster, but the ladies love him!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-11-hands-on-with-luigis-mansion-3-and-its-multiplayer-dungeon-crawling-scarescraper-mode

Also, Trinen said, Nintendo's own player research showed Luigi was a particularly attractive lead character to a female audience. Take that, Mario.

As a woman, I can confirm that Weegee is cute as a button.❤️

This is looking like the follow-up I was hoping for after playing the original all those years ago. The mission-based structure of Dark Moon didn't suit me, though I did like the multiple locations.

Hopefully the hotel allows for decent room variety, and I'm glad there will be distinct ghosts throughout again. The new tricks and gadgets look really promising as well. Very hopeful for this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

This game is looking really good! This is the first time I felt that really wanted to play a Luigi's Mansion game... I guess it doesn't help that I am not really a fan of the 2 Mario bro characters. Hohoo~ Anyways the gameplay and visuals look great! The opening cut-scene shows Peach & Mario, I wonder how they'll be included here?

On 6/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, Chili Dawg said:

I gotta wonder what kind of a crazyass director that Morty fellow is to look at Luigi and think "yes, you're perfect to play a kaiju!"

From a ghost’s perspective, after the events of 1 and DM, maybe Luigi is a monster. A widely feared fellow who appears like a perfect victim but actually vacuums up ghosts to lord knows where after stalking them with the kind of persistence we associate with Nemesis.

Maybe there’s even some kind of folklore amongst ghosts based off of events, exaggerations, and rumors of Luigi’s adventures in the first two games. Some ghosts may not even believe that Luigi is anything more than a fictional boogeyman, but they could look at the actual Luigi and see a lot of parallels between him and the folk villain they’ve been told about.

It’d be an interesting contrast to what we saw of Luigi in the games. We see that he’s frightened out of his wits, generally very friendly and kind of a goofball, and more about saving the people he cares about than hunting ghosts (which he’s pretty reluctant about doing in general). The ghosts on the other hand see an unshakably persistent and fearless man who makes weird loud noises and is out to hunt them all down.

Hence from a ghost’s perspective, he’s the perfect kaiju. He looks exactly like the monster ghosts fear to encounter and even sounds kinda like said monster.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

The opening cut-scene shows Peach & Mario, I wonder how they'll be included here?

They'll be captured, as the trailer show-ed.

Is not surprise.

26 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They'll be captured, as the trailer show-ed.

Is not surprise.

I didn't watch the trailer. I only watched few people play it from E3. Welp I guess that result isn't surprising... it is kinda boring however.

FULL OPENING - Luigi's Mansion(Hotel) 3

Next Level Gameses always delivers in the animation and character department. They're charming Mario.

• Nice Smile 1

Though mainline Mario has improved on the fun cutscene animation front a lot starting with 3D World, the LM games are still.....next level.

Spoiler

Sorry

• Promotion 1
  • Absolutely 1

On 6/15/2019 at 8:09 AM, StaticMania said:

FULL OPENING - Luigi's Mansion(Hotel) 3

Next Level Gameses always delivers in the animation and character department. They're charming Mario.

I'm a bit late to seeing this.  Is that ghost dog from Dark Moon or something?

20 minutes ago, Tara said:

I'm a bit late to seeing this.  Is that ghost dog from Dark Moon or something?

Yeah, he's from Dark Moon.

Luigi adopted the dead boy apparently.

58 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Yeah, he's from Dark Moon.

Luigi adopted the dead boy apparently.

That freaking adorable.  I should probably watch a longplay of Dark Moon or something at some point.

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

so is it not a working title anymore?

Eh. At this point naming/numbering conventions are a overlooked. 

Remember NSMB2, when it was actually the 3rd in the series but a direct sequel to NSMB

I don't think it's been a working title for a while now.  If nothing else, I think it got sufficient publicity as just a working title that it might have genuinely confused some people if they'd renamed it; I'm thinking of Octopath Traveler, in this regard, which was also initially a working title but became established as the brand.  You don't want to change a name everyone already knows.

• The title was changed to Luigi's Mansion 3 - Switch, Halloween 2019

Heh, yeah. Hadn't noticed so I went ahead and updated the thread title and added the release date.

• Thumbs Up 1

This at least compensates a little for the disappointment I'm experiencing with Pokémon.  So this will be a nice little holiday get.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else notices how weirdly different Luigi’s voice in this game is? Like, it’s still obviously Charles Martinet, but for some reason, he made his voice deeper, and closer to how Waluigi sounds. Like, in the intro cutscene.

Spoiler

It isn’t a big deal at all, but idk. It’s still rather strange. 

• Thumbs Up 1