Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros U - Deluxe - Switch - January 11th 2019

Ryannumber1gamer

Hey, for some reason the idea of Toadette using an item to become more human reminds me of a reversal of the Adventure Time thing where an item made the human-like candy folk less human. 

...At least it's not that disturbing I guess. 

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

She's putting on a Crown to become Peach. That's pretty much the hats in 64 DS.

Nah. This a unique power up just for Toadette, and turns her into a unique come character. It's weird.

Fun though 

• Thumbs Up 1

The idea is the same, it's different because the Toad's don't transform with hats.

She even wears actual shoes.

I know it's Toadette's unique power, she's got spots.

All they had to do was make Mario, Luigi, Toad and Toadette (+ Nabbit) the main characters, and Peach a bonus post-game unlockable like Mario Run.

That's literally all they had to do.

TBH, if they just replaced one od the extraneous Toads with Toadette and let her play like any other Toad, I woulda considered that a win. Making her half Peach is... weird. Not inherently good or bad just really really weird.It's like the Nintendoest thing ever in the worst way, but I kind of love it just because it's so fucking bizarre.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly I'm not to mad about peachette. If toadette was there without this power up people might call foul saying they should have just kept blue toad

• Thumbs Up 1

People are calling fowl...fool...foul anyway, because the "Mario Lore" is now important dudes.

When the truth is they don't care, and is terrible joke excuse to complain about a power up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Would you suggest me to buy this one? I played the DS one and the Wii one, but skipped it on Wii-U despite owning the console, also skipped the Luigi title. Do all the characters have unique things? Like Luigi and Toad, I know about Nabbit and Toadette and they are pretty op tbh. I hope the stages are interesting, between U Deluxe and Luigi it seems there is a ton of content, so I'll probably try it out.

Luigi only controls like Luigi in the Luigi U DLC...and you played the other games, you know that you can't play as anyone else nor that they control different.

Except the new characters.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, StaticMania said:

People are calling fowl...fool...foul anyway, because the "Mario Lore" is now important dudes.

When the truth is they don't care, and is terrible joke excuse to complain about a power up.

People are calling foul because they could've just added Peach.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

The fact they gave her a different dress means they're sticking with the "dress physics" excuse from years back.

That excuse went out the window when Peach became playable in Super Mario 3D World.

In this case, I think it's just a matter of them not wanting to rewrite the game's "story."  This is an enhanced port after all.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/16/2018 at 1:25 AM, Tails spin said:

Honestly I'm not to mad about peachette. If toadette was there without this power up people might call foul saying they should have just kept blue toad

I mean, I'm calling foul anyway because there's now no way to play a four-player game with everyone on equal grounds.  Someone HAS to play as one of the two "easy mode" characters, and honestly having Toadette be the only character who can gain these bonuses - and only when in Peachette form - just feels kinda convoluted and out-of-place when the other characters are so straightforward and consistent.

And it's still just kinda weird keeping Yellow Toad when they could've made regular classic red-spots blue-coat Toad playable again.

• Thumbs Up 3

If we accept that Peach could not be made playable because it would have altered the character roles of the original, we must accept the same logic in regards to Toad.  He's attending the Toad Houses and cannot be moved.

The question then is why they didn't just keep Blue Toad as well, rather than, as pointed out, disturbing the character gameplay parity.  Even if the Peachette crown is super-rare, it still introduces a disparity no matter how vanilla Toadette's gameplay is otherwise.  Did they not want to have too many playable characters - or did they want to have the playable cast be visually distinct, which Yellow and Blue Toad weren't sufficiently?  Or perhaps, though I expect those who know the game well would already have picked up on this from trailer footage, gameplay parity has been abandoned and Luigi now uses his Luigi U physics in the main game, for example?  I can rationalise most of Nintendo's decisions here, but this aspect still seems strange.  Maybe they just don't think there'll be that many occasions where four people of equal ability are playing together; and where there are, the crown might be deliberately avoided by a sort of gentleman's agreement.

30 minutes ago, FFWF said:

If we accept that Peach could not be made playable because it would have altered the character roles of the original, we must accept the same logic in regards to Toad.  He's attending the Toad Houses and cannot be moved.

Nah, this logic doesn't work for me.  Just put Yellow Toad in the Toad Houses and regular Toad playable.  Let's not kid ourselves that a simple swap like that is on the same level as making Peach playable and having the story be a quest to save Blue Toad instead.

(And naturally, I see no reason why Peach can't be a post-game unlockable since she could share animation skeletons with Peachette).

16 hours ago, G-Force said:

That excuse went out the window when Peach became playable in Super Mario 3D World.

I don't see why it does when it's a different game. In a different engine, etc. 

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

I don't see why it does when it's a different game. In a different engine, etc. 

Super Mario Run is heavily based off the NSMB engine and has Peach not just platforming like the best of them but doing forward rolls and somersaults n' shit.  The "her dress would be hard to animate" reason has been proven dumb by Nintendo themselves.

• Thumbs Up 5

I got bored of the NSMB games a while back, but I've been wanting to play one for a year or so now. So this is great!

Especially since we didn't have enough Wii Remotes back in the day and using the Gamepad forced you to play as the block placing God.

To be honest, if Peach had to stay in her damsel role, I would've vastly preferred Rosalina or Daisy as playable instead of Toadette.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

Super Mario Run is heavily based off the NSMB engine and has Peach not just platforming like the best of them but doing forward rolls and somersaults n' shit.  The "her dress would be hard to animate" reason has been proven dumb by Nintendo themselves.

I know, it's still pretty hilarious...so I'm sticking by it. If they can believe they're wrong, it's just a bonus.